PDA

View Full Version : Hatch going........on order........

ianking
2nd August 2013, 12:51 PM
Looked at several cars over the last month, Golf GTi 5dr (very nice), Volvo XC60, 5dr 1 series and new A class but have settled on a Countryman.
Sarah preferred the high er up driving position and after the baby is born she will be using it more than me.

Also got a far better deal on it than any of the other cars.

A chap I know from the mini cooper sport 500 club is a salesman at Wollaston mini so the whole deal has been done over the phone and he gave me a significantly better trade in price than both Eastern and Vardy were offering on a Countryman.

I have gone for an Ex Mini UK car on a 12 plate so there was a big big saving from new list price.

Get the car on Monday so will post up pics at some point but spec is

Cooper SD Countryman
Crystal Silver with body coloured roof and mirrors
Chili Pack
Media Pack
Elec fold exterior mirrors
Chrome line exterior
Chrome line interior
Piano black dash and down tubes and door ellipse trims
Sun protection glass
Interior world carbon black
Colour line carbon black
Cloth leather parallel pure red
TLC

Would have liked an All4 version but this one was a good deal and within budget and to be honest I never got stuck with my hatch last year with winter tyres so will just get a set of winter tyres for this car as well.

N16SHP
2nd August 2013, 12:57 PM
Sounds like a great car Ian, and I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to the pictures.

Craig
2nd August 2013, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the club Ian :thumbs up:

I thought it was this after the texts :lol:

Gismo
2nd August 2013, 02:56 PM
Pretty sure you'll (Sarah) like the Countryman, i got used to the roomier inside but, like yourself, needs must :thumbs up:

stoney
2nd August 2013, 08:29 PM
Glad you got sorted out :)

MINI William
2nd August 2013, 08:34 PM
I liked driving the Countyman. I'm sure you won't regret it

Neil - TXJ
2nd August 2013, 09:24 PM
Good news Ian. Should have given your R56 a goodbye wave as I went by this evening.

Will keep an eye out for the new motor :)

gauldrymini
2nd August 2013, 10:11 PM
Good choice Sir:bow:

Crombers
2nd August 2013, 11:17 PM
& In the MINI family you stay ........ wise choice sir :yes nod:

ianking
4th August 2013, 08:57 AM
and still got the classic CS500 in the garage as well for nice dry days so still got a proper mini with a petrol engine to through about

RobSco
4th August 2013, 07:25 PM
Nice one Ian... :thumbs up: ...I enjoyed driving the countryman when I had one out on loan from Vardys when mines was in getting fixed a while back, look forward to seeing the photos... :yes nod:

Neil - TXJ
22nd August 2013, 01:04 PM
I've seen it on the drive so we must be due some photos 😊