PDA

View Full Version : Shell Nitro+

Tam1314
19th July 2013, 10:16 AM
Certainly seems to make Goldie pop and bang 😄😄😄

stoney
19th July 2013, 11:44 AM
Yep makes the cubbie pop away as well :)

Stewart
19th July 2013, 05:34 PM
This the new name for V plus? I have to say I've always filled my car with shell and only on the odd occasion has it been filled with anything else like on the Highland tour etc. On that sad points thing but I do so few miles it takes ages then I get that wallet saving all of £2.50 off. Morrison’s is usually only the 1p a Ltr cheaper anyway so its no big deal to keep with the local shell.

stoney
19th July 2013, 07:54 PM
This the new name for V plus? I have to say I've always filled my car with shell and only on the odd occasion has it been filled with anything else like on the Highland tour etc. On that sad points thing but I do so few miles it takes ages then I get that wallet saving all of £2.50 off. Morrison’s is usually only the 1p a Ltr cheaper anyway so its no big deal to keep with the local shell.

Yep that's the stuff you only really need to put vpower in the s/jcw be a bit of a waste in a one or coupe

Stewart
20th July 2013, 02:19 PM
Yep that's the stuff you only really need to put vpower in the s/jcw be a bit of a waste in a one or coupe

Trust me at the price I'm thankful its just the normal unleaded I put in :)

Tam1314
20th July 2013, 11:10 PM
£1.40 a litre at Shell garage in Bucksburn last week.

S21sbc
20th July 2013, 11:20 PM
I defo noticed a difference between the old v power and new stuff, pops and bangs more and louder in ma jcw

N16SHP
22nd July 2013, 09:56 AM
I always just bang in 99 from <<insert supermarket here>>. As for the Countryman Cooper, the cheaper the better. I did try to use V-Power when I first got the S but noticed no difference in the MPG. I know that its supposed to be better for the engine internals and all that jazz but it makes no difference to me.

EcosseGP
22nd July 2013, 10:19 AM
I seem to use it more out of habit now too. I've never noticed any difference in economy/performance and the same goes for the BMW 1200RT bike have ran that on normal unleaded despite the warning on the fuel tank and it seems to make no difference !

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Tam1314
22nd July 2013, 10:36 AM
Well I recently went back down to Livingston to visit family for the weekend, all in for £50 Shell Nitro+ and 480 miles.
Don't think that's too shabby at almost ten miles to the pound.

N16SHP
22nd July 2013, 02:49 PM
Well I recently went back down to Livingston to visit family for the weekend, all in for £50 Shell Nitro+ and 480 miles.
Don't think that's too shabby at almost ten miles to the pound.

That is some good economy for sure.

ELFMAN
22nd July 2013, 04:56 PM
I've always used V-Power (and other 'high octane' stuff like Optimax etc before that) in my MINIs, and now using this new Nitro+ as the Shell garage I go to in Hamilton has obviously 'upgraded' from V-Power.

I can't say I've noticed a difference in performance or sounds from the 'new' fuel - but I do low miles and I've changed a few bits recently, which in themselves have made it go and sound better, so maybe any 'extra' from the Nitro+ has been 'absorbed' and gone unnoticed! BTW I have to do an 8 mile round trip to fill up the MINI with the good juice, as the Larkhall Shell station has discontinued their 'performance' pumps... I think they had a contamination problem ages ago and dropped it after that :sad: