PDA

View Full Version : I should have bought a Mini

DarnShiv
11th July 2013, 09:37 PM
I gave Siubhan my car to go to work, and what did she do, she killed it:sad: I should have got a Mini, she doesn't break them:thumbs up:

weefossy
11th July 2013, 09:52 PM
5 series don't break.......what DID she do?

DarnShiv
11th July 2013, 09:58 PM
In her words. "I came off the roundabout on the outside lane, the car kinda shuddered then something flashed up on the screen to say drivetrain something, please drive moderately". the car then coasted to a halt on the inside lane. Would not start again. Dead. :yes nod: Worse still, she called the police as she was in a dangerous place, plus I went round to her, and we ended up pushing the bloody thing to the nearest layby.:rolleyes:

weefossy
11th July 2013, 11:36 PM
I sometimes get a similar message "drive moderately" on the Jag. Normally I pull over, re-start and everything is fine. Hope it isn't a costly fix for you. :thumbs up:

MINIme:)
12th July 2013, 01:31 AM
:huh: doesn't sound at all ideal Daryl, sorry to hear this. At least she didn't have a collision as a result of it unexpectedly dying on her, am very glad to hear she is fine :thumbs up:

DarnShiv
12th July 2013, 07:06 AM
I sometimes get a similar message "drive moderately" on the Jag. Normally I pull over, re-start and everything is fine. Hope it isn't a costly fix for you. :thumbs up:

Fortunately it's warranty Malcolm :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

:huh: doesn't sound at all ideal Daryl, sorry to hear this. At least she didn't have a collision as a result of it unexpectedly dying on her, am very glad to hear she is fine :thumbs up:

Exactly, that's why I went down to her, she got a hell of a fright, as I am pretty sure I would have done. She has calmed down now and looking forward to taking the reliable car to work;)

MINIme:)
12th July 2013, 10:20 AM
:thumbs up:

stoney
12th July 2013, 08:32 PM
Glad all is ok :) that's no fun when something like that happens :)

DarnShiv
12th July 2013, 08:44 PM
And the damage is....high pressure fuel pump + new fuel lines. Went on google, about £1000. Glad it's warranty:thumbs up:

RobSco
12th July 2013, 09:20 PM
And the damage is....high pressure fuel pump + new fuel lines. Went on google, about £1000. Glad it's warranty:thumbs up:

Glad to see you're getting it fixed and under warranty... :thumbs up: ...As for the cost if it hadn't been... :thud:

bpirie1000
16th July 2013, 09:16 AM
Gotta pass the mini garage to collect from BMW service...............stop and have a works....... I mean look.....

rpn
16th July 2013, 01:58 PM
and.......?