PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One or PS4

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2013, 02:07 PM
Who's going for what then, come November...

PS4 (http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/)

XBox One (http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xboxone/reserve)

I'd probably go with whatever the majority here are going with, but to be honest, the Xbox doesn't inspire me at all. Always been a Sony fanboy and I don't see that changing really.

Discuss...

Gismo
14th June 2013, 02:24 PM
I'm with you Andy, it will be the PS4 for me, hate having to pay for online gaming but equally hate the stability on the PS Network :lol:
Hate the Xbox controller

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2013, 02:28 PM
I heard somewhere that Sony will be charging for online play also. But if it gives stable servers I don't mind to be honest.

zimbo
14th June 2013, 10:56 PM
I heard somewhere that Sony will be charging for online play also.

They better not be!!! I'm tight fisted already, I'm not paying extra for playing online which is mostly what the console is for in the first place... :moonie:

...anyway, I'm with you in the PS4 queue Andy, I too am a PS fanboy so to speak seeing as I've owned every version since the very first one and like Alan I too HATE the Xbox controller.

I like the way theres no price listed for the Xbox yet they still asking for you to put a deposit down :lol: yeah right goodone Mr Microsoft :hand:

And when are these supposed to be getting released anyway?

jonnie
15th June 2013, 08:32 AM
I've always been xbox but I gotta say its time to change. The xbox one looks like an eighties betamax video recorder, its too expensive and I only want a games console not an "entertainment hub" or whatever its meant to be, I probably wont use most of it.

stoney
15th June 2013, 08:49 AM
Will be ps4 and I may play it again at some point but like others I don't like x box controller :D

Crombers
15th June 2013, 01:13 PM
What one will do Space Invaders :rolleyes:

............ whoa, how much!! :thud:

zimbo
15th June 2013, 04:32 PM
Caught a clip on telly this morning about the Big E3 games fair on in LA at the moment and heard what the price was for the xbox and its over a £100 more thean the PS4, that helps my decision get made even more so. Apparently the info on both consloes was released at this event and the PS4 won hands down :yes nod: it seems that xbox are going to be charging people for almost everything to do with the console etc etc short of charging you for picking your nose and scratching your butt. The PS4 got a standing ovation from the huge crowd unlike the Xbox crowd which I think got off there seats and did :moonie: :lol:

Xbox = :moonie:

PS4 = :dance:

...better start diggin under the sofa cushions to see how many pennies if any I can scrape up for the new Playastation :lol:

bullet
30th July 2013, 06:02 PM
both

Stewart
30th July 2013, 08:04 PM
None. Not really a fan of the consoles and just don’t see anything I’d get one for game wise. Treating myself to a top end pc later in the year or early next to play DayZ standalone, the new Elite and probably a few others.

The new Consoles are just weaker Pc’s sold with controllers. Not saying they wont be impressive after the wait.

Steven Allan
30th August 2013, 12:39 PM
ps4 will be charging for online play but this is there step forward to creating more stable servers like the 360 had.

since the release of the xbox one they have pretty much changed everything that they originally said for example before you pretty much couldnt play second hand games on it, my personal fav was say you had 2 x box ones in the house and ur partner brother or whoever had that game if you wanted to play that game on your own xbox you would have to pay the full price of the game to play it LOL! also if you wanted to take it around to a friends house to play you couldnt do that either they changed it so u could play it for an hour at a friends but that got scrapped to its kinda hillarious.

but to the original question its a ps4 for me microsoft really screwed themselves with this one but hey who knows console might turn out to be really good but for me its the ps4

zimbo
2nd September 2013, 05:11 PM
So I have JUST read that the US is getting the PS4 on 15/11/13 and the rest of us here in UK /Europe dont get them till 29/11/13 WTF is all that about :ragin: :frown: :moonie:

Burple
3rd September 2013, 10:18 AM
None. Not really a fan of the consoles and just don’t see anything I’d get one for game wise. Treating myself to a top end pc later in the year or early next to play DayZ standalone, the new Elite and probably a few others.

The new Consoles are just weaker Pc’s sold with controllers. Not saying they wont be impressive after the wait.

Probably neither for a while yet, but probably the xbox eventually, mostly cos the wee toy sony controller is gash. :p:D
The new Xbox controller is looking pretty good to, it's been refined a lot.
After playing a fair bit of Battlefield 3 recently tho, I'll be buying BF 4 for the PC when that comes out. FPS game are just so much better with a mouse and keyboard instead of a crappy controller :thumbs up:

Forza and Halo will be epic tho :thumbs up:

Ferengo
18th September 2013, 11:51 AM
Well I'll go with the Majority. I play both so will probably end up with both but if you guys are gonna play the PS4 & COD then it will be a PS4 first. Though you guys have to start coming back on :p

Stewart
18th September 2013, 05:14 PM
Silly question but I know that with my friends kids Console you could not play the previous console versions games. I take it GTA V will be able to be played on the new machines or will they bring out a beefed up version just for them?

Steven Allan
18th September 2013, 06:54 PM
mmm well it all depends really if your talking about the xbox 360 couldnt play xbox games you could just had to upgrade the hardrive and the ps3 could play ps1 games but not ps2 from what i hear with sony if you buy the new games and the ps4 comes out i dont think it can read the disk but there bringing out something that will be like a code so you can then play it on the ps4 im making it sound more complicated than it is and xbox one im not sure think there allowing 360 games to be played on it now.

Stewart
18th September 2013, 08:17 PM
Surprised no one sat round a big table and thought “Hell yeah, release this game a few months before the new console and then get them to buy it again. Here is the kicker we tell them its better on the new device” They are bound to fall for it!

zimbo
24th October 2013, 08:16 AM
So has anyone made any decisions on what they are going to be doing with regard to possible purchasing of one of these new machines seeing as they are now due shortly on our shores and in our shops?

Me personally I am going to wait a while and let them iron out all the niggly new product gremlins first before I get a new system. especially since I am still perfectly happy with my PS3 and the fact that the PS4 does NOT allow cross-console gaming (as in not being able to play any previous PS console games on the new PS4!! which you can do on the PS3) is kinda helping me decide to just stick with my PS3 even more so because I do have quite a few older games and do still enjoy playing them even if it is only once in a blue moon.

So lets here your opinions and thoughts my fellow gaming gurus? :thumbs up:

Gismo
24th October 2013, 08:21 AM
As soon as it's out i'll be buying the PS4, i won't buy another game until then, not sure what i'll do with the PS3, most likely will keep it to play the older games

Gismo
24th October 2013, 09:55 AM
I've missed the pre order for the PS4 and am hopeful that my points status may get me an in shop machine at the 12:01 shop opening release, if not, then no matter, i can wait

stoney
25th October 2013, 07:48 AM
Will prob get the ps4 @ some point but dint know when spent to muchbon the car lol

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
25th October 2013, 11:58 PM
To be honest, for now at least, I think my gaming days are over. Certainly I won't be buying any of the new consoles when they come out. I suspect if I was going to buy one it would be the PS4.

I used to play COD every Wednesday, Thursday and often a Friday. Now with tennis on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Lenore and I are often out into the evening on Fridays..... I only play cod maybe once a month. And it must be 6 weeks since I last played.

I just can't justify spending £350 on something I'm not that invested in anymore.

On a side note though, I was cleaning out my drawers the other day - not a euphuism - and found the receipt for my PS3...... £500!!! Bought on launch day.

stoney
26th October 2013, 12:17 AM
To be honest, for now at least, I think my gaming days are over. Certainly I won't be buying any of the new consoles when they come out. I suspect if I was going to buy one it would be the PS4.

I used to play COD every Wednesday, Thursday and often a Friday. Now with tennis on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and Lenore and I are often out into the evening on Fridays..... I only play cod maybe once a month. And it must be 6 weeks since I last played.

I just can't justify spending £350 on something I'm not that invested in anymore.

On a side note though, I was cleaning out my drawers the other day - not a euphuism - and found the receipt for my PS3...... £500!!! Bought on launch day.

see i am the same between gym and Christine and baby on rmthe way will prob be holding off for a bit yet 😊

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

MINI William
26th October 2013, 07:11 AM
I will probably get a PS4 but not until next year. With GT6 coming out in November on PS3 I can't see any need for a PS4 right now.

jonnie
18th July 2014, 04:59 PM
I've always been xbox but I gotta say its time to change. The xbox one looks like an eighties betamax video recorder, its too expensive and I only want a games console not an "entertainment hub" or whatever its meant to be, I probably wont use most of it.
Just re-read this post, how wrong was i.

AndyP & Lenore
18th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Just re-read this post, how wrong was i.

lol Jonnie. Good that you're making use of your X-box One.... if that's what you meant by your post.

However, I have to admit, my post on 25th October was spot on. In fact, I haven't picked up a PS3 remote since late August 2013. Tennis is just too much fun.

I do miss the NMS COD Nights though. The comedy moments, the satisfaction of sniping Zimbo from the undergrowth "Andy ya wee BAS***D!:ragin:", the pistol games, blowing Gismo up with a grenade launcher - "oh yes, well done Andy, you must be very proud:frown:", knifing Stoney from behind - granted, that didn't happen very often.... All great times.

But none of it compares to serving a great serve, ripping the return, forcing your opponent across court, then dropping the ball just over the net to win the point, or blasting a forehand smash sending the ball 30 feet in the air.:tennis:

Mon the fish
19th July 2014, 06:20 AM
^^ yep, physical activity is far more rewarding. I haven't used my xbox in over a year (and even then it was only to learn the Ring).

Badminton, road cycling, mountain biking all more fun for me

zimbo
19th July 2014, 08:58 AM
lol Jonnie. Good that you're making use of your X-box One.... if that's what you meant by your post.

However, I have to admit, my post on 25th October was spot on. In fact, I haven't picked up a PS3 remote since late August 2013. Tennis is just too much fun.

I do miss the NMS COD Nights though. The comedy moments, the satisfaction of sniping Zimbo from the undergrowth "Andy ya wee BAS***D!:ragin:", the pistol games, blowing Gismo up with a grenade launcher - "oh yes, well done Andy, you must be very proud:frown:", knifing Stoney from behind - granted, that didn't happen very often.... All great times.

But none of it compares to serving a great serve, ripping the return, forcing your opponent across court, then dropping the ball just over the net to win the point, or blasting a forehand smash sending the ball 30 feet in the air.:tennis:

:frown: ...I'm the only one still playing, not very often though. And once the baby arrives I will probably not play again except on the very rare occassion

Gismo
19th July 2014, 10:46 AM
:frown: ...I'm the only one still playing, not very often though. And once the baby arrives I will probably not play again except on the very rare occassionAhem, i'm the one who plays regularly, average 2 hours per day, albeit i hate Ghosts and sticking to Black Ops 2 :zimbo:
The old NMS COD nights were great fun and to this day i rmember the shocked cry from Ferengo when i was crouched below a window he was looking through and then suddenly stood up and knifed him :lol:

Ferengo
24th October 2014, 12:26 PM
Ahem, i'm the one who plays regularly, average 2 hours per day, albeit i hate Ghosts and sticking to Black Ops 2 :zimbo:
The old NMS COD nights were great fun and to this day i rmember the shocked cry from Ferengo when i was crouched below a window he was looking through and then suddenly stood up and knifed him :lol:

Ha ha Gismo. I remember that well. It was Andy P's favourite map on COD4.

I opted for an Xbox one and love it. Though if anyone wanted to play BO2 on the PS3 I still would. Just never on to check.

I miss the old game nights. Many hours spent and enjoyed. Good banter too.

zimbo
25th October 2014, 01:12 PM
Traitor :yuk:

Gismo
25th October 2014, 01:43 PM
I recently upgraded to a PS4 without realising i had to pay 50 bucks to play online, wasn't impressed and the new COD game had better be good or i'll revert to the PS3 and Black Ops 2 again :knife: :zimbo:

CiderFex
25th October 2014, 03:50 PM
I'm on X0, I love it.
I'll not comment about PS4 because I've not got one yet.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ferengo
25th October 2014, 05:42 PM
CiderFex, What games do you play on it?

CiderFex
25th October 2014, 08:17 PM
I'm on Forza 5 at the mo.
I only bought it about 8 weeks ago and I'm on driver level 273.

I don't play it much though.
;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ferengo
27th October 2014, 05:28 PM
Cool. I got Horizon 2 but didn't like it. Forza 5 looks much more my kinda game.

For the time being my son is playing Minecraft and I'm on NHL 15.

CiderFex
27th October 2014, 08:17 PM
I bought the first Horizon maxed out the achievements, bar two, in two weeks and swore I'd never buy another one.
I'm just looking forward to Dying Light at the end of next January.

Zombie killing ?
Don't mind if I do.

...to Infinity and beyond !!!

bullet
18th December 2014, 12:13 AM
both

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. I got Horizon 2 but didn't like it. Forza 5 looks much more my kinda game.

For the time being my son is playing Minecraft and I'm on NHL 15.
forza 5 is a sim racer whereas horizon is an arcade racer meaning the cars are easier to drive at silly speeds,tempted by driveclub though

Borvad
11th July 2015, 07:00 PM
eh......anybody still in here? I have a PS4, after swapping an X-bone for it