PDA

View Full Version : how/where to sell my R53?

the_r_sole
14th June 2013, 11:16 AM
anyone know any shows etc/places I could put the car for sale - basically my location is knackering me - have had a few enquiries but once folk find out where the car is it puts them off, have had it away a couple of times but not managed to tie the trips in when folk have been interested!
I think the car is cracking and priced well but any suggestions from you guys?
(advert is in the for sale section if you have any comments :)) :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
14th June 2013, 05:54 PM
Where are you based ?

I intend to live forever ... So far so good !

Craig
14th June 2013, 05:56 PM
he's from Mull Davy ;)

the_r_sole
14th June 2013, 08:25 PM
aye, it's literally the arse end of no where! haha

EcosseGP
14th June 2013, 09:05 PM
Gotcha now .. Can you not get it onto the mainland and leave it for a week say with someone you trust ..

I intend to live forever ... So far so good !

the_r_sole
14th June 2013, 09:10 PM
if the wife didn't refuse to drive my pickup than that would be an option, although she is heading on holiday soon(ish) so suppose that could be an option, although it would only be to oban so not much different - not sure I'd like to leave it somewhere in glasgow as I don't know anyone with a garage down there (and i'd like to be there to talk about it with potential buyers!)

stoney
15th June 2013, 08:51 AM
Come and have a holiday in Glasgow :lol:

the_r_sole
15th June 2013, 05:58 PM
some holiday!!
I've actually got a flat in glasgow that needs a bit of decorating but if I'm doing that I'll be in the pickup...

bpirie1000
16th June 2013, 07:17 PM
Put it up on here....oh you have.. Will pass on details to couple folks up here..

the_r_sole
6th August 2013, 09:00 PM
have given up - one more week on gumtree as I'm heading to edinburgh next weekend, some guy tried to tell me it was way over priced and he would take it off me for 3k!
I'll be keeping hold of it for a while if it doesn't go, almost sold it at asking until the girl tried to get insured!
bit of a pisser being stuck out here at times...

Stewart
6th August 2013, 11:12 PM
Shame no one local on Mull is interested, I take it you have that covered?

Good luck with the sale!

the_r_sole
6th August 2013, 11:32 PM
couple of nibbles locally but its hard to sell a car here to another local!
had a girl take it out for a drive and she liked it, the next time I saw her she was driving one back on the ferry! she decided she wanted bonnet stripes and a white roof...

ianking
7th August 2013, 12:59 PM
I dont want to diss your efforts or such like but your car may be a bit over priced.
It doesnt have a chilli pack and as such doesnt book as one.

I do a bit of buying and selling of minis and your car at that age and mileage would be about £2600 at the auction.
I recently sold an 04 04 S with chilli and HK hi-fi and full leather and various other options, 61k on clock for £3850 as to be fair that what it was worth as a sale outwith a dealer.

Your car in my opinion would advertise at £3495 to get £3250 for it as a private sale.

Just in my opinion though.

the_r_sole
7th August 2013, 03:56 PM
do you seriously think?
it's not chilli pack, but it's got the heated screen/auto wipers and the panoramic roof/half leather, fsh and only 1 previous owner - I had a good search around before trying to sell it and couldn't see anything with those kind of miles for sub 4k so I reduced it a bit because of the location...
have dropped the price to 3600 now as I'm heading down the road next weekend

MINI William
7th August 2013, 04:22 PM
Do you want your for sale thread reopned as it sounds liek you are still trying to sell?

the_r_sole
7th August 2013, 04:30 PM
nah, it's ok mate, I've put it back on gumtree/pistonhead, didn't get anything from here so it's cool to leave it closed
just interested in what ianking values the extras mine does have compared to a chilli pack

ianking
7th August 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm only passing comment relating to what I know I can buy them trade for at the auction and what I would then subsequently resell them at after tidying them up. Regardless if its got half leather or full leather its not got a chilli pack so therefore doesn't book as one in the guide. Chilli pack still adds alot more toys to an S after the half leather.
Yes there are cars for sale in excess of £4k but how long have they been for sale for, perhaps the owner is struggling to sell. I've always sold one, cooper and S hatches quite easily as long as they are priced well. However I have a cabrio at the moment that I can't give away.

the_r_sole
7th August 2013, 05:18 PM
no probs, I am interested!
does the panoramic roof add anything? tbh it was the one thing that I really wanted in the car!
what else is in the chilli pack? is it not random stuff like floor mats/wheels and the silver trim? - I wonder if the chilli pack was available when the guy got this he spent a fair bit on extras looking at the receipt!

EcosseGP
7th August 2013, 08:10 PM
What's the Cabrio details Ian ?

I had a look at your car on line a couple of times but it is like Ian says a wee bit pricy but I never criticise folks adverts as everyone knows why they price it the way they do.

I have a One that I'd like to trade up for maybe an "S" and even they range in price by over £1500 from one advert to another but as Ian says some don't sell.

the_r_sole
7th August 2013, 08:21 PM
well, I'll see how it goes with a lower asking price and a trip to edinburgh...
can't let it go for much less or I can't get the replacement I want - so wouldn't be any point in selling!

EcosseGP
7th August 2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah you never know its finding someone to buy at the price you want at the time you're selling that's always difficult .. Being in Edinburgh should make it easier though too .. GLWTS

the_r_sole
8th August 2013, 02:14 PM
hope so - will need to get a sign for the back window!!