PDA

View Full Version : Newcool

Sheilz
18th August 2004, 07:18 PM
I got the impression from an earlier discussion that dealing with this company had caused other people problems. I'm still waiting for the money for the extra gauges to be returned to my account. Has anyone had a good experience of shopping with them. They do have some nice stuff but the long wait for my dosh is putting me off.:(

Scottie
18th August 2004, 07:40 PM
Sheilz,

Stop reminding me of this company.

Duncan Stewart
18th August 2004, 07:41 PM
I bought tyres from them and no problems.

Sheilz
18th August 2004, 07:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Sheilz,

Sorry, did you have similar problems with them or was it too awful to speak about?

Smurf
18th August 2004, 08:17 PM
I got my shark gill repeaters from them, and no problems.

Scottie
18th August 2004, 09:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

Sheilz,

Sorry, did you have similar problems with them or was it too awful to speak about?

Well the first time I bought from them no problems the item arrived next day.

The second time it took about three weeks although the items were meant to be in stock.

The last item my chrome scoop took 3 months. Now I phoned told them I did not want it anymore after about two months. However 4 weeks later it was sent out and they had debited my card (so they must hold our details on file somewhere.

Took about four weeks to get refund.

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 12:26 AM
My son phoned them today and I've been reassured that I will have a confirmation email by 5pm tonight and that the money should be in my account by tomorrow.
They do have stuff I want but think I'll try elsewhere first. Their service is incredibly poor.

Heather
19th August 2004, 12:36 AM
I dont have good feedback for them either. Lost orders (although they debited my account), wrong things sent and rude on the phone.:disapprove:

X30YES
19th August 2004, 01:29 AM
Lets face it , there must be lots of good sites out there with better service ,shop around , and see if the service is any better , I for one will not use coolnew after reading the above posts ....THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!!!!!!!;) well, so they say .Sorry to hear about all your troubles

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 01:42 AM
Noo Angus, you've really depressed me! I generally only deal/acknowledge one problem at a time. Now you've reminded me that somebody nicked my dosh, somebody winna give me back my dosh and now to crown it all I've to chase bratschldren on Sat instead of chip butties.:(:(

S'nae fair
:D:D:D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 01:43 AM
Had considered using them often, glad i didn't, one thing i do know though, i won't order anything from them now :evil:

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 01:48 AM
No confirmation email. Why am I not surprised!:disapprove:

The Dogfather
19th August 2004, 03:23 AM
Perhaps we should have a 'I'm not happy with....' forum. People can list companies who are cack giving their reasons. So far we've had bad feedback on JC and these jokers!

We should also tell these companies that they've been listed give them chance to comment if they want to. Just a thought!

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 03:34 AM
That's maybe not a bad idea. I guess something like this would be ok as long as people were careful about how they expressed their displeasure and dissatisfaction. This could also be used to identify companies that gave good service etc so as it isn't all negative stuff. Depends on if there are any legal barriers to it. Not something i know anything about.

X30YES
19th August 2004, 05:03 AM
Good idea Paul ....why should we put up with crap service when we pay out hard earned cash ...no matter how little it is.....same with JC in ABZ ...I just walked out and bought else where...no need to accept it at all .IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR HAIR TURN BLUE !!!:D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 03:26 PM
I must be the only one who continues to get good service from JC's, especially in Dundee, cannot fault them.
On a recent experience in the Aberdeen branch i again had excellent service.

Please be very careful when putting into print words that can be taken out of context or be used against you in legal circumstances :eek:

Julz
19th August 2004, 04:11 PM
I must agree with BS here, I've had nothing but great service from JC's (and also Grassicks when my little Bubble went in there a few months back after her safe mode incident!!;):clown:)

Big Col
19th August 2004, 04:20 PM
Hmmmmm. <scratches chin> How on earth do you suppose these two people with very famous MINIs both costing in excess of £25,000 manage to get excellent service from JC's when no one else seems to. That is a mystery. :D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 04:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
Hmmmmm. <scratches chin> How on earth do you suppose these two people with very famous MINIs both costing in excess of £25,000 manage to get excellent service from JC's when no one else seems to. That is a mystery. :D
Aye, but, all the extra money was not spent with them ;)

Big Col
19th August 2004, 04:26 PM
I never said it was ickle fella. That's why I included the "very famous" comment since you both appear in a fair few mod mags do you not? As a result you have the oppertunity to reach a bit of an audience. :)

Julz
19th August 2004, 04:33 PM
<thwap> Big C, don't be so cheeky!! I got great service from JC's from the first day I went in to order my mini!!:D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 04:54 PM
reminds self to read Big Col's posts properly in the future :evil::D
Same as Julz, from day one and prior to any mods i received great service from JC's in Dundee and i include my non modded cooper in that statement :p

Big Col
19th August 2004, 04:58 PM
<grins> Was only kidding folks. It's more likely to be that you're both nice friendly people and the others are abrasive sods. :D

Julz
19th August 2004, 05:01 PM
At last, he's learning to be civil to the mini mods!!;):D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 05:03 PM
Does this mean we are back on TOPIC then :blackeye::eek::D:I

X30YES
19th August 2004, 05:12 PM
mmmmmm what was it all about !!

Big Col
19th August 2004, 05:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

At last, he's learning to be civil to the mini mods!!;):D

quote:Originally posted by Julz

Does this mean we are back on TOPIC then :blackeye::eek::D:I

<shakes head smiling> Now I think you both know that these things are unlikely. ;)

X30YES
19th August 2004, 06:14 PM
Hey Col ...if it was that easy it would be boring !!

Big Col
19th August 2004, 06:55 PM
That's the way I see it Angus and I'm here to make sure the mods lives aint boring. ;):D

Gismo
19th August 2004, 07:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
That's the way I see it Angus and I'm here to make sure the mods lives aint boring. ;):D
Yawn, did someone say something, ah, i see a spell of imaginitive spelling correction is required ;)

Big Col
19th August 2004, 08:04 PM
:D

Sheilz
19th August 2004, 10:42 PM
Still no confirmation email!:(
Talking of JC's in Aberdeen, the service is excellent but they sure as hell know how to charge. Just got copped for £49 for putting in 2 screws at .7 of an hour, into the centre console which they claim the man who put in my stereo didn't put back. The man who fitted the stereo counterclaims that they weren't there to start with. I believe him. Vaguely remember him saying something about there only being two screws instead of four but didn't pay too much attention, too busy reading the paper.
The chap who did it is going to pay for it even though he isn't responsible on account I think of JC's putting a bit of work his way.

Since I will get my money back I'm not overly bothered about it BUT am quite concerned about anything else they forgot to install in the factory!!