PDA

View Full Version : Spotted my very first MINI

john
5th June 2013, 08:27 PM
Still going strong and looking good for a 51 plate, it still has the Carbon rear bumper cover too4330

Craig
5th June 2013, 09:06 PM
Good spot !

john
5th June 2013, 10:08 PM
It's now a low mileage car, I sold it with 19000 miles 1 year old, it's now only done 50000 miles and its the same owner that bought it from me.

Craig
5th June 2013, 10:17 PM
Your tempted... I can tell ;). Good well looked after car ... Well second owner anyway :thumbs up:

john
5th June 2013, 10:28 PM
LOL he said he will never sell it!

MINIme:)
5th June 2013, 11:03 PM
did you chase him down then?! quite right :) I always keep a look out for my first mini but I think it went to auction at the other side of the country so not a clue where it is now. She was a great wee thing, I STILL miss the wood and leather steering wheel and gearknob :sad: (and the handling!)

Crombers
6th June 2013, 02:55 AM
Always good to see any of your old cars. I've previously come across my VW Polo in George Square (of all places) back many moons ago & also my Golf Gti whilst living in Dumbarton.

Wonder if your ex still runs on the original Midland box, would be kinda interesting if it did :smilewinkgrin:

john
6th June 2013, 09:38 PM
Always good to see any of your old cars. I've previously come across my VW Polo in George Square (of all places) back many moons ago & also my Golf Gti whilst living in Dumbarton.

Wonder if your ex still runs on the original Midland box, would be kinda interesting if it did :smilewinkgrin:
other than routine servicing it has had nothing needed, he is delighted with the car

d.oxley72
7th June 2013, 05:42 AM
Saw my first Metro on the way to work one day near Lanark. It was very classy, Austin Rover Cashmere Gold top half and Home applied CASE Red to cover the rusty bottom half.

My Rover 100 was used by a garage near Biggar as a courtesy car. Very strange seeing it again months after I swapped it for my Rover 25.

Like all Metros, they've gone to the great Rover car park in the sky, but I've seen a couple of Rover 100s in Dumfries recently.

Crombers
7th June 2013, 07:02 AM
other than routine servicing it has had nothing needed, he is delighted with the car

My oh my, well well well, a MINI Midland box'r in useable service after 12 years.

Who'd of thunk it .......... :clap:

zimbo
7th June 2013, 09:26 AM
:lol: nice one John. I remember when I lived in Monifieth, a couple one road down from me got my 2002 silver/black Cooper after I traded it in, was a strange feeling seeing other people driving what was my car... :yes nod::lol:

john
8th June 2013, 09:46 AM
I must have done a good job of running it in :)

Craig
8th June 2013, 10:46 AM
I must have done a good job of running it in :)

:lol: