PDA

View Full Version : Paceman review

d.oxley72
2nd June 2013, 09:14 AM
Paceman vs. Evoque on AutoGuide.com.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYeKEyiU1jc

GreigJCW
2nd June 2013, 09:38 AM
Good video but an evoke against a paceman with A $14,000 price difference is hardly fair.

ELFMAN
3rd June 2013, 01:29 PM
Good video but an evoke against a paceman with A $14,000 price difference is hardly fair.

True Greig, but referring to your 'Dealer Visit' thread, when you spec up a Paceman - especially the £37K JCW in question, then you're smack in the middle of Evoque territory, which negates the price argument somewhat. It makes the Paceman go from "Plucky Underdog" (a time-honoured Mini/MINI trait), to "Overpriced Pretender" - not good.

d.oxley72
3rd June 2013, 04:12 PM
I'm both a MINI / Mini and a LR fan. However..
MINIs, Landies and Range Rovers are getting too big and pricey for my liking.
So personally, if money was no object, I'd get an 1980/90s Defender and a MINI Cooper S (possibly a Clubbie).
However, each to their own...

zimbo
4th June 2013, 08:32 AM
This is just my opinion BUT I prefer the look of the Evoque and would much rather have it over the paceman and I think the Paceman is way WAY over priced :frown:, I mean it's just like the video review of the FJCW Paceman Vs BMW135i recently where it was concluded that the Paceman was rediculously over priced for what you got/get and the BMW was clearly the best the choice, which once again I would have rather had the BMW over the Paceman when taking into consideration that they were both the same price :thumbs up:. If minis carry on getting more and more expensive then I can see myself defecting and leaving the mini brand after 11+ years of owning them possibly going towards BMW or somewhere else if tempted well enough!! :yes nod:

KenL
4th June 2013, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't pay that money for a paceman but I find the Evoque a completely hideous looking car with an even worse image. My opinion of course...

Want 4x4, buy something with a bit class like an Audi or Panda!