PDA

View Full Version : Must Mod

dvd-cooper-s
27th May 2013, 07:54 PM
Hi guys

Best mod yet for my fjcw - silencer delete.

Sounds amazing.

the silencer is huge!!!! the car sounds perfect at idle and fine with sport mode off, but with the extra sensitivity of sport mode, and hard acceleration - well - need to get a video up

ELFMAN
27th May 2013, 08:25 PM
Is it the front resonator box you've removed?

stoney
27th May 2013, 08:35 PM
Is it the front resonator box you've removed?

looks like it but will that not mess with the turbo ??

dvd-cooper-s
27th May 2013, 10:21 PM
nah one box silencer, its fine. spoke to the guys at derrick woodman/lloyds carlisle and they have done this loads. it is a silencer and nothing more !! sounds almost as good as my old cooper s with fjcw box.

have a look here

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/factory-jcw-talk-2009/214373-removed-resonator-on-11-jcw-wow-sorry-no-video.html

ELFMAN
28th May 2013, 03:41 PM
Checked out a few 'Resonator Deleted' R56s on you tube.

The do sound pretty good, but I like my 'ALTA intake/Milltek Downpipe/Stage 1 JCW exhaust' combo. I think if I cut out my resonator on top of that lot it'd just be a wee bit 'in your face' for my purposes. My last car (R53 JCW 210 + bits through a Playmini manifold and full system) sounded like Motorhead at Glasgow Apollo, which was Fab, but it did make every car I passed think I was looking for a race. My current set-up is just loud enough to be 'interesting' without attracting TOO much unwanted attention! Or maybe I'm just a boring old fart these days...

Mon the fish
28th May 2013, 06:05 PM
You should hear a fJCW zorst on an R53, now that's loud

dvd-cooper-s
28th May 2013, 08:30 PM
haha, yea its really interesting actually. I have been playing about for a few days with it and when sport is off and i am just driving along normally it is not much louder than your average mini, however with a bit of quick paced load behind it it sounds like a shot gun... so much fun, reeally cant get enough of it.

dvd-cooper-s
30th May 2013, 10:03 PM
a little video for anyone interested.. sorry for iphone mic quality. reved in non sport mode first, then sport mode max 4500 rpm, idle. will get a video on the move shortly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTg0c7qtLtY