PDA

View Full Version : MINI traded in...

Colin
26th May 2013, 05:50 PM
After six years of MINI ownership, I am now MINIless :sad:. My 350mile/wk commute to work was getting too sore on the pocket so regrettably it had to go.
I will now be driving a Golf TDI. Will really miss the handling of the MINI, and the noise!

Parts stripped off the car are in the for sale section.

Will still be popping into the site, and you never know I might be back in a MINI some day?

Stewart
26th May 2013, 06:02 PM
Sad to see you getting rid but you’ll probably get double MPG out the Vag.

Happy and safe miles with the new motor!

Colin
26th May 2013, 06:06 PM
Sad to see you getting rid but you’ll probably get double MPG out the Vag.

Happy and safe miles with the new motor!

Thanks Stewart, yep exactly double the MPG it is, and less road tax. Will be saving £2000 a year!

Craig
26th May 2013, 07:58 PM
Sad day Colin but as you say the savings are huge ;). I'm sure you'll be back someday :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2013, 08:08 PM
Sad to see you away from MINI Colin, but I'm sure the Golf will be a great car.

<cough>Cooper D?</cough>:moonie: :lol:

MINIme:)
26th May 2013, 08:58 PM
aww sorry to see you go, but don't go altogether, you're always welcome :bigwave:

many safe and happy miles in your new motor, it does sound good and brilliant savings. [Essential girl question --> ] What colour is it? :smilewinkgrin:

Bazthemod
26th May 2013, 09:56 PM
Colin I see you all the time around the Station car park in Stirling... I drive a TT now so you wouldn't have seen me. Still same reg plate though M11GYN. Are you moving your plate to the golf? Will keep an eye out!

stoney
26th May 2013, 10:21 PM
thats a shame mate hope you enjoy the golf

Colin
27th May 2013, 08:27 AM
Sad to see you away from MINI Colin, but I'm sure the Golf will be a great car.

<cough>Cooper D?</cough>:moonie: :lol:

I considered the Cooper D Andy, and was almost tempted.
But I would have wanted one with the BMW engine Sep 2010 on, and the second hand prices were just too high for the sums to make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

aww sorry to see you go, but don't go altogether, you're always welcome :bigwave:

many safe and happy miles in your new motor, it does sound good and brilliant savings. [Essential girl question --> ] What colour is it? :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks Joanna, it's silver. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Colin I see you all the time around the Station car park in Stirling... I drive a TT now so you wouldn't have seen me. Still same reg plate though M11GYN. Are you moving your plate to the golf? Will keep an eye out!

Ah been lurking in disguise, will keep an eye out for you. Yep moving my plate to the golf.

- - - Updated - - -

thats a shame mate hope you enjoy the golf

Cheers Stoney.

Gismo
27th May 2013, 02:43 PM
All the best Colin, sure you'll lurk around the forums for you're Mini fix :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
5th June 2013, 04:39 PM
:argh: TOTALLY MISSED THIS COLIN! Real shame that you're now a MINI-Free Zone... :sad: but needs must :idunno:

Remember just because you now have a 'sensible' car doesn't mean you have to get completely sensible and desert us, and as you said Re MINI ownership - 'Never Say Never Again'. Shouldn't be too difficult for you and your Dad to pick up a decent S somewhere down the line :smilewinkgrin:. Keep in touch, then you'll know which Hospital/Prison/Asylum I end up in :dizzy:

rosslamb
6th June 2013, 07:54 PM
I went the other way. 2.0 tdi Leon Sport into a Cooper S. Still doing the same 400 odd mile a week commute. :cool: Love ma wee car lol

Colin
7th June 2013, 03:32 PM
:argh: TOTALLY MISSED THIS COLIN! Real shame that you're now a MINI-Free Zone... :sad: but needs must :idunno:

Remember just because you now have a 'sensible' car doesn't mean you have to get completely sensible and desert us, and as you said Re MINI ownership - 'Never Say Never Again'. Shouldn't be too difficult for you and your Dad to pick up a decent S somewhere down the line :smilewinkgrin:. Keep in touch, then you'll know which Hospital/Prison/Asylum I end up in :dizzy:

Cheers Euan, I'll try not to be a stranger.

ELFMAN
7th June 2013, 06:19 PM
Cheers Euan, I'll try not to be a stranger.

Let's face it Colin, you couldn't get much stranger :smilewinkgrin: In a good way of course! :thumbs up: