PDA

View Full Version : Wheels and Wings East Fortune 22nd September 13 - CANCELED

MINI William
13th May 2013, 10:25 AM
Noticed last night that the date for the Wheels and Wings show at East Fortune Airfeild has been announced. Think it would be a great NMS day out, with cars and planes from all era's and stunt shows, and best of all its usually free for clubs with a stand to attend.
http://www.nms.ac.uk/our_museums/museum_of_flight/whats_on/wheels_and_wings.aspx

This is an outdoor show so we will get our annual NMS Show BBQ :smilewinkgrin:

I will need to contact East fortune soon so names below please, as usual all are welcome :computer:

Places for the stand will be limited

ATTENDING
William & Megan
Brian & Christina
Stoney
Daryl and Siubhan
Jamie
Stephen & Allyson
Elfman
Craig
Stewart
Burple

RESERVE
Gordy
Martin
John
Sandy
Jonnie
Adam

THIS EVENT IS CANCELED DUE TO NMS NOT BEING ACCEPTED TO ATTENED THE SHOW

Stewart
13th May 2013, 11:20 AM
I'd be up for that as it was on my list to do this year the Museum of Flight with the Vulcan Bomber. Not to bothered about taking the place of something a bit tasty on a stand but would pop over and meet anyone from NMS and see the place.

MINI William
13th May 2013, 11:23 AM
I'd be up for that as it was on my list to do this year the Museum of Flight with the Vulcan Bomber. Not to bothered about taking the place of something a bit tasty on a stand but would pop over and meet anyone from NMS and see the place.

Stewart this is open to everyone and all cars are welcome so please don't fell that you will be taking someones elses spot its first come first served. If you would like your car on the stand please say.

Big Gordy
13th May 2013, 11:26 AM
Oooooo...this sounds good...stick me down for it.

Stewart
13th May 2013, 11:52 AM
Stewart this is open to everyone and all cars are welcome so please don't fell that you will be taking someones elses spot its first come first served. If you would like your car on the stand please say.

Ok put me down, cheers!

MINI William
13th May 2013, 12:02 PM
Added

bodyshop23
13th May 2013, 12:04 PM
Hi

Please can you add myself and James to the list for this please.

Thanks

Martin

MINI William
13th May 2013, 12:10 PM
Hi

Please can you add myself and James to the list for this please.

Thanks

Martin

Added Martin

stoney
13th May 2013, 01:03 PM
Yes please :)

MINI William
13th May 2013, 01:10 PM
Yes please :)

Already added you :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
13th May 2013, 02:17 PM
William, stick me down for this please. Should be able to make it OK.

MINI William
13th May 2013, 03:01 PM
William, stick me down for this please. Should be able to make it OK.

Perfect added.

Filling up quick

Craig
13th May 2013, 03:58 PM
Ah go on then. Used to go to this with my Dad and the Jag - ah the memories!

MINI William
13th May 2013, 04:03 PM
Ah go on then. Used to go to this with my Dad and the Jag - ah the memories!

Great a show you can make :smilewinkgrin: added

Craig
13th May 2013, 04:06 PM
Great a show you can make :smilewinkgrin: added

Aye, annoyed I'll be driving 500 miles while you guys are having fun at the show !!

Burple
13th May 2013, 04:23 PM
I'd love to go to this... but it's my birthday... so I dunno it t'other half will have something planned for me! :D:D:D
Can you put us down as a maybe for now please?

:thumbs up:

jonnie
13th May 2013, 04:24 PM
Can i get in on this pls.:motoring::thankyou:

ELFMAN
13th May 2013, 04:32 PM
Filling up quick

There's no need to get emotional :sad: it's only a bleedin' car show :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to go to this... but it's my birthday... so I dunno if t'other half will have something planned for me! :D:D:D

She's booked you a fab day out at a groovy car show with all your NMS Pals of course! :dance: :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
13th May 2013, 06:55 PM
I'd love to go to this... but it's my birthday... so I dunno it t'other half will have something planned for me! :D:D:D
Can you put us down as a maybe for now please?

:thumbs up:
Euan sorry but I'm not going to put any maybes down due to there being limited spaces. I will add you as the first reserve :sadangel:

Can i get in on this pls.:motoring::thankyou:

Added

gauldrymini
13th May 2013, 07:18 PM
...might have a trip down if I am not working:idunno:

weefossy
13th May 2013, 07:25 PM
William, as per conversation/text, looking forward to this, should be a great show. BBQ sounds a good idea.

Mini Ecosse
13th May 2013, 07:58 PM
Yes please

MINI William
13th May 2013, 08:15 PM
William, as per conversation/text, looking forward to this, should be a great show. BBQ sounds a good idea.

Not a problem Malcolm

Yes please

Added Stephen

ianking
14th May 2013, 01:12 PM
I will be going but looking at taking my classic so will see if there is going to be a club stand that I can take it on. If not I could stick my wee mini in the line up with the big minis

Burple
15th May 2013, 09:38 AM
Euan sorry but I'm not going to put any maybes down due to there being limited spaces. I will add you as the first reserve :sadangel:

had a Chat with Fi about this... can you put us down as definite yes please?? :D:D:D:D

What more could I want on my birthday... an Airshow and Minis!!

(well.. some cake obviously...but I suppose Rachel Weiss is out of the question ;))

MINI William
15th May 2013, 09:53 AM
had a Chat with Fi about this... can you put us down as definite yes please?? :D:D:D:D

What more could I want on my birthday... an Airshow and Minis!!

(well.. some cake obviously...but I suppose Rachel Weiss is out of the question ;))

No probs Euan thats you moved from the reserve list :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
15th May 2013, 10:54 AM
I suppose Rachel Weiss is out of the question ;))

4249 (thinks wistfully...)
"Damn, I thought it was going to be the OTHER EUAN...
The good looking one, with the nice white MINI. Understated - but powerful - and so is his car".

JOHN MILNE
15th May 2013, 11:15 AM
IF THERE IS ANY ROOM I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND

MINI William
15th May 2013, 01:21 PM
IF THERE IS ANY ROOM I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND

Added, Just comes down to how many spaces we get allocated. Will let everyone know as soon as I know

- - - Updated - - -

Ive contacted East Fortune today and have been told that someone will be in contact with me shortly. This will hopefully mean that we can get our number of spaces confirmed.

Craig
15th May 2013, 03:04 PM
Added, Just comes down to how many spaces we get allocated. Will let everyone know as soon as I know

- - - Updated - - -

Ive contacted East Fortune today and have been told that someone will be in contact with me shortly. This will hopefully mean that we can get our number of spaces confirmed.

Well done William :thumbs up:

stoney
15th May 2013, 10:09 PM
Good turn out hope they can take us all ;)

MINI William
15th May 2013, 10:24 PM
It's a great turn out. Fingers crossed

DarnShiv
16th May 2013, 08:53 PM
William. Could you add us to this please, if they offer you enough spaces. The offer of the Gazebo is there (if you want it) even if we don't get a space.:thumbs up:

MINI William
16th May 2013, 08:59 PM
William. Could you add us to this please, if they offer you enough spaces. The offer of the Gazebo is there (if you want it) even if we don't get a space.:thumbs up:

Added Daryl. That would be great thanks

MINIme:)
17th May 2013, 10:50 PM
Damnit I COMPLETELY missed this. :sad: appeals so much more than the Sco car show

Craig
17th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Not missed Joanna as we have not been told what our pitch size is yet so you could be there.. ;)

Stewart
18th May 2013, 10:32 AM
Tell them we are celebrating 100 Years at plant oxford! They love that sort of thing. :thumbs up: Oh aye and can I book a picture of my car in front of the Big Avro :smilewinkgrin:

18th May 2013, 12:19 PM
Not missed Joanna as we have not been told what our pitch size is yet so you could be there.. ;)

:chicken:

ELFMAN
18th May 2013, 05:41 PM
Oh aye and can I book a picture of my car in front of the Big Avro :smilewinkgrin:

That's a Vulcan good idea Stewart!

Old 'Star Trek' joke..
Spock: "I don't believe my Vulcan ears Captain."
Kirk: "I don't believe your Vulcan ears either Spock!"

Stewart
18th May 2013, 06:01 PM
Judging by the pollution content of the atmosphere, I believe we have arrived at the late twentieth century.

Just before they banned all MINI runs!

ELFMAN
18th May 2013, 10:40 PM
Judging by the pollution content of the atmosphere, I believe we have arrived at the late twentieth century. Just before they banned all MINI runs!

They'll never get rid of us Stewart, we'll 'KLINGON' till the last breath! (groan :frown:)

Craig
18th May 2013, 10:48 PM
They'll never get rid of us Stewart, we'll 'KLINGON' till the last breath! (groan :frown:)

:lol:

Stewart
19th May 2013, 10:31 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZNnAsBD9WOE/URt0IS813WI/AAAAAAAABwA/CyHJKfvJuYs/s1600/facepalm-500x4001.jpg

:smilewinkgrin:

19th May 2013, 11:55 AM
don't encourage them :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
21st May 2013, 02:14 PM
William, I'm really sorry, I'm not going to make this.
Going to Kinloch Rannoch with friends on 21st Sept for a week. I was convinced their week was starting at Sept weekend (27th - 30th) but just spoke to them and found out it's actually the PREVIOUS weekend. Looking forward to that, but gutted I'm missing this, as it will be a cracking NMS Day Out :sad: :frown: :sad:

That's TWO NMS events I've had to bail out of in the last couple of days due to my confusion with dates (and other dried fruit) :ragin: :argh:
Sorry for mucking you all around.

- - - Updated - - -

don't encourage them :smilewinkgrin:

Jo, do you really think we need encouragement???? :Whistle:

MINI William
21st May 2013, 02:39 PM
Not a problem Euan dont worry about it. Shame you can't make it but these things happen.

ELFMAN
21st May 2013, 03:13 PM
Not a problem Euan dont worry about it. Shame you can't make it but these things happen.

Cheers Wills. Can't even go up the day after, we load G3 ELF up with tons of provisions to take up on the Saturday, as they have 4 folk, 2 big Labradors and other stuff in their Nissan Note.
Hey Ho...

- - - Updated - - -

]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZNnAsBD9WOE/URt0IS813WI/AAAAAAAABwA/CyHJKfvJuYs/s1600/facepalm-500x4001.jpg

START WRECKS No. 572:
'Picard was furious when he realised Data had Superglued his fingers again'.

d.oxley72
22nd May 2013, 07:35 AM
Sadly, I can't commit to being on the NMS stand due to work commitments, but if I am free that day I'll try and come over.

Not fair when work gets in the way of play time :frown:

sandy59
7th June 2013, 07:48 PM
Think I might be able to make this if there's still space ??

MINI William
7th June 2013, 08:06 PM
Think I might be able to make this if there's still space ??

I'm waiting for numbers to be confirmed, but more the merrier will add you just now.

Jamie1875
20th June 2013, 09:28 PM
Is there any spaces left? I live 2 mins from east fortune, would love to go!!

MINI William
20th June 2013, 09:48 PM
Added to the list

ELFMAN
25th June 2013, 04:53 PM
PM'd you William.
If there are any spaces left on this, please put me (back!) in. Friends got their dates wrong (again) for our Kinloch Rannoch break. It's now the 14th (not the 21st), so I should be OK for the 22nd.
Jeez, why is everything so complicated these days? :argh: :idunno: :thud:

MINI William
28th June 2013, 08:40 PM
I have had paperwork through for the show. The stands are limited to 10 cars. I'm thinking the fairest thing todo as there is a lot of interest in this is to pull 10 names out of a hat. Any objections

Jamie1875
28th June 2013, 08:58 PM
Sounds good to me! When will you be planning on doing this William?

MINI William
28th June 2013, 09:34 PM
Sounds good to me! When will you be planning on doing this William?
Probably within the next week

stoney
28th June 2013, 09:47 PM
That's fine :)

JOHN MILNE
29th June 2013, 11:01 AM
OK by me

DarnShiv
29th June 2013, 11:17 AM
Fair approach.:thumbs up:

Craig
29th June 2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah fine by me

MINI William
29th June 2013, 04:58 PM
Looks like names out of hat it is then. Will do this later in the week and post up results.

Jamie1875
5th July 2013, 03:20 PM
William just wondering if you have picked the names out of a hat yet? :)

MINI William
5th July 2013, 04:08 PM
William just wondering if you have picked the names out of a hat yet? :)

Nope should be tonight

Burple
5th July 2013, 04:41 PM
**Fingers Crossed** :D:D:D

MINI William
5th July 2013, 08:25 PM
I have allocated everyone a random number between 1 to 16 and I have asked Andy to pick 10 random numbers will post results when Andy picks. Good luck everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy has very kindly selected 10 numbers. In no particular order

William & Megan
Brian & Christina
Stoney
Fossys
Daryl and Siubhan
Jamie
Stephen & Allyson
Elfman
Craig
Stewart

I will add the remaining 6 to the reserve list and if we get more spaces or any drop outs we can then do the same for the reserves.

Can the names above please send me Model and year or car along with registration number and Driver name please.

bodyshop23
5th July 2013, 08:47 PM
Very Disappointed.... Could have put money on this outcome. Should have been first come first served. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MINI William
5th July 2013, 08:51 PM
Very Disappointed.... Could have put money on this outcome. Should have been first come first served. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how? all cars had a random number assigned to them and then random numbers picked by Andy who isn't even going to the show. I did ask if anyone had any complaints about picking random. Easy way to solve it you organise the next show.

Craig
5th July 2013, 09:32 PM

I don't know what your inferring here Martin and I must say Im disappointed by your comments. It's your prerogative to be unhappy but to infer that the selection was rigged is a very low blow.
:frown:

I now see you have pulled out of the Perthshire Run ?!?!? I'm sorry if I'VE done anything to offend you, which I can't see how I have but If your not going to run because of this then you've offended me :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2013, 09:52 PM
Woahhhh!! I can give my absolute guarantee nothing was rigged here. William asked me to pick 10 random numbers between 1 and 16. I used www.random.org to do that. I didn't even know who those numbers were assigned to.

In fact, I'll copy and paste the PM's to this thread. There is a tiny bit of personal stuff in the PM's so I will need to edit them a tiny bit.

AndyP & Lenore
5th July 2013, 09:55 PM
William's PM to me:

"Hi
hope the holiday went well and yous are having a blast **** *******

I was wondering if you can you do me a favour for the Wheels and wings show please. I have gave each of then16 cars a random number from 1 to 16 and I was wondering if you could select 10 numbers in the range? And this will determine who is going to the show.
Want somebody impartial to select random numbers.

Thanks William"

My reply to William:

"Cheers dude. Holiday was awesome and loving being able to spend time **** *******.

No problem on number selection...

I used a random number generator and the following numbers came up.

2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16

Andy."

MINI William
5th July 2013, 10:00 PM
Woahhhh!! I can give my absolute guarantee nothing was rigged here. William asked me to pick 10 random numbers between 1 and 16. I used www.random.org (http://www.random.org) to do that. I didn't even know who those numbers were assigned to.

In fact, I'll copy and paste the PM's to this thread. There is a tiny bit of personal stuff in the PM's so I will need to edit them a tiny bit.

Thanks Andy. Everything was above board.

5th July 2013, 11:57 PM
eh......I was missed off the list :idunno: :sadangel: but judging by how little time I've had the last year next year will prob be much the same so prob a good thing. Maybe Euan would like a wee co-pilot :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
6th July 2013, 07:19 AM
Damnit I COMPLETELY missed this. :sad: appeals so much more than the Sco car show

eh......I was missed off the list :idunno: :sadangel: but judging by how little time I've had the last year next year will prob be much the same so prob a good thing. Maybe Euan would like a wee co-pilot :smilewinkgrin:

You never said that you actually wanted to go and the list was up for everyone to see so you could have said if you think I has missed you off. Sorry

6th July 2013, 03:39 PM
no problem, my happy chicken riding smiley was meant as a yes but obviously not clear enough. I have my threads showing last post first so hadn't seen I hadn't been added to the list. As said I'm snowed under. I have just written a to do list which contains 31 house to dos, 22 garden to dos, and 21 projects to dos that I had intended to do this summer. In amongst a couple of breaks away. I think this counts as 'snowed under for the forseeable future'

Big Gordy
6th July 2013, 11:29 PM
Okay......let me first say I have no concerns over how the draw was done...all seems fair and above board to me :thumbs up:
My only worry is that the club stand will be filled with the newer version of the mini. I'll admit I don't know what everyone picked drives so William you can correct me any time but I'd hate to think it was all R56's that were on display. Our club should show off ALL versions/varients of this great wee car. So my only suggestion would be to re-visit this and maybe pick a wider spectrum of the models available from the people who said they would like to go. If the people who have been pick fill the above criteria then that's cool:cool:
Just my 2p's worth folks :moonie::smilewinkgrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Elfman was in, then out, then in again and he STILL managed to get picked........:rolleyes:
Hope you've put a lottery ticket on we man:smilewinkgrin:

Craig
7th July 2013, 07:13 AM
My R53 will be there flying the flag for Gen1 Gordy ;). And GP's of course :lol:

MINI William
7th July 2013, 09:35 AM
Okay......let me first say I have no concerns over how the draw was done...all seems fair and above board to me :thumbs up:
My only worry is that the club stand will be filled with the newer version of the mini. I'll admit I don't know what everyone picked drives so William you can correct me any time but I'd hate to think it was all R56's that were on display. Our club should show off ALL versions/varients of this great wee car. So my only suggestion would be to re-visit this and maybe pick a wider spectrum of the models available from the people who said they would like to go. If the people who have been pick fill the above criteria then that's cool:cool:
Just my 2p's worth folks :moonie::smilewinkgrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Elfman was in, then out, then in again and he STILL managed to get picked........:rolleyes:
Hope you've put a lottery ticket on we man:smilewinkgrin:

There is only 1 R53 but with that there is only 1 clubman going and 1 Paceman. I think we have the vast majority of the range covered with GP's, JCW's Cooper S and Cooper. With that out of the 16 people who were interested there was on 3 who were interested that had a Gen 1 pretty big odds to overcome. I think it was always going to be biased to the newer cars as hardly anyone has an old one now.

MINI William
7th July 2013, 10:59 AM
no problem, my happy chicken riding smiley was meant as a yes but obviously not clear enough. I have my threads showing last post first so hadn't seen I hadn't been added to the list. As said I'm snowed under. I have just written a to do list which contains 31 house to dos, 22 garden to dos, and 21 projects to dos that I had intended to do this summer. In amongst a couple of breaks away. I think this counts as 'snowed under for the forseeable future'

Im not colonel sanders so I would never have made that connection Joanna. Luckily you aren't going as you are very busy.

MINI William
8th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you to everyone for managing to get their car details to me. I will be sending off the entry form tomorrow.

Mini Ecosse
8th July 2013, 09:03 PM
Thank you to everyone for managing to get their car details to me. I will be sending off the entry form tomorrow.

Craig Craig Craig hurry up and get back from your hols I need a car cleaned PMSL

MINI William
10th July 2013, 09:42 AM
The Fossys have had to pull out of the show. I have a name out for the reserve out a hat, the name that was drawn is Johnie. Johnie can you send me your details again please as ive deleted your PM for the SSC as my inbox was getting rather full. If you can get these to me by tonight that would be great, if not I will pull another name.

Can everyone please confrim that they will be attending the show before I send the entry form tomorrow please.

stoney
10th July 2013, 11:28 AM
I will be there lol ;)

MINI William
10th July 2013, 11:45 AM
I will be there lol ;)

:argh:

DarnShiv
10th July 2013, 02:01 PM
We will be there:thumbs up:

Stewart
10th July 2013, 06:59 PM
I will be there! :thumbs up:

MINI William
10th July 2013, 08:42 PM
We will be there:thumbs up:

I will be there! :thumbs up:

Thanks folks

Jamie1875
10th July 2013, 09:48 PM
Ill be there

Mini Ecosse
11th July 2013, 12:39 PM
Yep

MINI William
11th July 2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks to all that got back to me. Just waiting on Elfman and Jonnie getting back to me

MINI William
11th July 2013, 07:27 PM
Jonnie I can only give you until tomorrow at 7.30pm to get back to me if you don't I will have to pick another name at random.

weefossy
11th July 2013, 09:19 PM
Apologies for having to pull out. This year has just been so busy. We knew were were getting an invite to a wedding in Sept, but we thought it was on Sat 21st., turns out it is Sunday 22nd, an unusual day for a weeding, but one we have been looking forward to.
Hope you all have a great day in East Lothian.

12th July 2013, 01:49 AM
Thanks to all that got back to me. Just waiting on Elfman and Jonnie getting back to me
did you hear back from our Elf? He's away on holiday with basically no signal / connectivity. Sounds like you prob know this though :thumbs up:

MINI William
12th July 2013, 08:38 PM
Jonnie not heared from you so picked another name out a hat.

Burple your up send me your details please

MINI William
13th July 2013, 08:38 AM
LIST UPDATED

Entry form being sent this afternoon

adm_kdy
14th July 2013, 10:20 PM
Is it possible to put me on the reserve list? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Scrap my last comment actually, I can definitely put my name down for this! :-) probably myself + 1.

I work with aircraft so this should be a fun day! ( and the MINI's ) :hand:

15th July 2013, 02:35 AM
Im not colonel sanders so I would never have made that connection Joanna. Luckily you aren't going as you are very busy.

Thanks!

MINI William
15th July 2013, 07:06 AM
Is it possible to put me on the reserve list? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Scrap my last comment actually, I can definitely put my name down for this! :-) probably myself + 1.

I work with aircraft so this should be a fun day! ( and the MINI's ) :hand:

Sorry Adam the names have been pulled and we only have a maximum of 10 spaces. I will however add you to the reserve list so that if we have any pull outs another name will be drawn from the reserves.

ELFMAN
16th July 2013, 01:03 AM
Back now, as mentioned - no phone/net at 'country retreat', got TXT from William when I was back in range, all sorted now! :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you've put a lottery ticket on wee man:smilewinkgrin:

Mr G. My friends got their holiday dates wrong, and I'm going with them, so this led to my 'in/out' situation, but as far as I can see from the posts, I said I'd be able to make it BEFORE the 'draw' was announced. After that it was just down to Andy's random numbers, ya moanin' faced big pillock. No offence mind :smilewinkgrin:

Jo, if you find you do have that day free nearer the time, give me a shout - spare seat in the Elfmobile.
If we can get through the NMS picket line... :frown:

MINI William
3rd September 2013, 07:31 PM
Guys I have been chasing the Museum of flight for a definite answer to our application to attend the show. I have been informed today that we haven't been sussesful in our application. I'm rather annoyed at this as I've been chasing them for weeks to not string anyone along and so that we can make plans for the day.

I won't be organising anything with them in future, looks like they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

stoney
3rd September 2013, 07:49 PM
Guys I have been chasing the Museum of flight for a definite answer to our application to attend the show. I have been informed today that we haven't been sussesful in our application. I'm rather annoyed at this as I've been chasing them for weeks to not string anyone along and so that we can make plans for the day.

I won't be organising anything with them in future, looks like they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

Shame that :(

Craig
3rd September 2013, 08:02 PM
WTF !!!

Maybe they don't want us as we are new cars and its mostly a classic event. If that's the case, they should just communicate that :(

Sorry you've had a wasted effort William. ;)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Big Gordy
3rd September 2013, 09:21 PM
Bummer :frown:

DarnShiv
3rd September 2013, 09:36 PM
Unlucky William. You couldn't do any more than you did, so thanks for trying.:thumbs up: I had been speaking to someone from Elmoc and they commented that they were trying to restrict "newer cars", pretty much as Craig said.

EcosseGP
3rd September 2013, 09:38 PM

Sorry about all your hard work and effort going to waste William ...

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

MINI William
3rd September 2013, 09:46 PM
Just rather Peed of at the situation. Possibly what they are trying to do but the BMWCC are going with E90 M3's own there stand. Also we where there with them last year and had the 1M on the stand. So who knows.

i don't mind the work or time I put in as it was for the benefit of the club

Stewart
4th September 2013, 12:37 AM
Appreciate all the work. I was looking forward as well to finally seeing the big Avro. Considering it was under three weeks and you had to do all the chasing to find out it does suggest that whoever runs the event is shocking.

Shame as there is a classic MINI stand, is Mr King not on that?

I see they have added this to their main event page.
Classic Vehicle Owners: Entries for this year's show are now closed.

Craig
4th September 2013, 10:11 AM
There is a run on the following week to look forward to ;)

MINI William
4th September 2013, 10:39 AM
There is a run on the following week to look forward to ;)

Im in Corfu. No MINI fun for me :hand:

Burple
4th September 2013, 10:45 AM
FFS.. that's a total ar$e-biscuit.. Sorry all your effort to arrange it has been for nothing :frown:
Was looking forward to going back for a proper look around, since we didn't get a chance to see much a few weeks ago when we went to the airshow there.
So I'll just NOT be going along on the day on principle now! :ragin:
Ah well. I'll try to keep the car clean for the following weekend, but I dunno if my birthday cake will last that long ;)

ELFMAN
4th September 2013, 11:19 AM
Just rather Peed of at the situation. Possibly what they are trying to do but the BMWCC are going with E90 M3's own there stand. Also we where there with them last year and had the 1M on the stand. So who knows. i don't mind the work or time I put in as it was for the benefit of the club

Well ain't that a kick in the head! You couldn't have done any more to try to get this to go smoothly William, so TA for all your efforts.

What a ridiculous way NOT to run a show. Museum of Flight? Museum of SH*TE more like... This is a real pity, as the East Fortune Airshow was rather fine this year, so maybe they should concentrate on stuff in the sky... If they weren't keen on 'Modern' cars, they should have made that clear from the outset and not b*ggered people about.

Bet most visitors would have been more interested in our lovely selection of MINIs than they would in a Beige 1978 Austin Allegro... Ah well, their loss.

ianking
4th September 2013, 01:09 PM
Paul was telling me that the BMWCC are not going this year, it might be because East Fortune wouldnt let them attend as cars are too new??????

Im going but with my classic mini.

Stewart
4th September 2013, 04:41 PM
Pity as is it was just past 54 years since the first mini rolled off the line there last week!

They should have said right off the bat Classics right enough. Pity they could not even arrange half price and a group parking space for the Club for the misunderstanding. Obviously no attempt to make good in the situation with a bit of common sens, instead of looking poorly run. I would not be surprised if they got an application they did not expect from a classic club or a few and thought of a way to make space.

“Sorry we misinformed your Car Club, we can arrange group parking if you come early and reduced entry to the show.”

ELFMAN
4th September 2013, 05:18 PM
“Sorry we misinformed your Car Club, we can arrange group parking if you come early and reduced entry to the show.”

That would have been at least an attempt at Good Practice Stewart. As it is we're left feeling feeling slightly 'used' - and not in a good way :blush:

Stewart
22nd September 2013, 03:16 PM
And it had to be a nice sunny day. :ragin: Shame as I was really looking forward to this and with the weather it would have been a great outiing..

Craig
22nd September 2013, 03:18 PM
Their loss Stewart. Shocking way for any organiser of a show to act :(

I think even if we were jnvited next year we should say no and tell them why !!

www.lodgeonthecaley.com