PDA

View Full Version : Big MINI day 15th sep

stoney
13th May 2013, 07:16 AM
Ok who would be interested in a NMS stand at this need to know ASAP so I can book us a stand and we will need to get tickets

It's at the PENKRIDGE MARKET ,STAFFORDSHIRE

Tickets cand be got here ;)

http://www.thebigminishow.com/

Hotel - some are staying at this hotel (only 3 miles from show site ;) ). http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/stafford/sffso/hoteldetail

Thanks

1. Rob,Christine and Faith ;) - hotel booked
2. Craig - Hotel Booked
3. Malcolm - Hotel Booked
4.David and Fiona - Hotel Booked
5. Grieg and Kim

Convoy Details

Leaving Denny @ 9:15
Rendezvous at Tesco Lesmahagow @10:00 http://www.tesco.com/storeLocator/?bid=6284
Pit-stop at Abington Services to pick up Malcolm @ 10:30

zimbo
13th May 2013, 09:28 AM
Damn it thats the weekend we head off on our holiday :vsad:

Craig
13th May 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm a maybe Rob - cash dependant as I might be going to utoxeter 2 weeks before....

Ill let you know tho ;)

stoney
13th May 2013, 12:27 PM
Was thinking the same but thought we should give this one a go instead as its a show for the new mini so should be lots of bits and bobs for the new mini there

MINI William
13th May 2013, 12:35 PM
Im a possable let me check

Craig
13th May 2013, 12:58 PM
Was thinking the same but thought we should give this one a go instead as its a show for the new mini so should be lots of bits and bobs for the new mini there

Yeah - think this would be better. Very poor amount if new mini traders at Himley..

stoney
13th May 2013, 01:00 PM
Yep 1 for parts and would not even sell me the trim I want :(

Craig
13th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Put me down as a defo now mate ;)

EcosseGP
13th May 2013, 05:09 PM
Which upper trim bit did you need Rob ? Drivers or passenger ..

I intend to live forever ... So far so good !

Craig
13th May 2013, 05:16 PM

it was drivers side im sure....

stoney
14th May 2013, 07:07 AM

Drivers please :D

stoney
14th May 2013, 07:09 AM
Come on any more for this would be good to put Nms on the map at shows ;)

boozeman
14th May 2013, 12:40 PM
Put me down for a space please stoney.

ianking
14th May 2013, 01:17 PM
Im going to Uttoxeter mini fest on the 1st Sep so wont be able to do this one.
Actually Im at a wedding the day before this one so couldnt go anyway.

Uttoxeter show does look good though, show & shine as well as concourse entries for ALL classes of mini and MINI. Sure you cant be tempted?

stoney
14th May 2013, 03:23 PM
Im going to Uttoxeter mini fest on the 1st Sep so wont be able to do this one.
Actually Im at a wedding the day before this one so couldnt go anyway.

Uttoxeter show does look good though, show & shine as well as concourse entries for ALL classes of mini and MINI. Sure you cant be tempted?

That is a good show Ian but this one is for the new mini so thought it would be good for Nms to go to we can do more
Next year

But we can leave it up to the members on what they want to do ;)

thebigminishow
16th May 2013, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys, its Tony here, some of you may know me as DJ on Minis Unleashed, I actually own a GP :)

I am the one organising the show and spoke to Rob and said I would sign up and keep you up to date with the show if thats ok?

The reason I created the show was I was always hearing and seeing the lack of things for the new mini at shows and wanted to do something about it! So I have listened to MINI owners and clubs and what they want from a show. The main thing people wanted was Traders so I think you will agree we are getting quite a list with more to come!

We also have main dealer sponsorship from Knights Mini who will be there on the day!

We are also changing the way things are done at shows, we have great food vans offering more than the usual forzen burger, a real coffee van! We also have a DJ playing music throughout the day, competitions like the peoples choice award and lowest mini of the day! And there is great entertainment coming up soon!

We have had a really good few months with the organising of the show and had some great editions! Tickets are selling quick and due to our partnership with Howling Monkey Media we are getting some great exposure!

You will also be able to get those annoying car park dents removed at the show! Jim'll Fix It Paintless Dent Removal will be offering his services at the show! A Great edition to the Show I am sure you will agree.

We are now up to 11 Traders confirmed for the show with more still to come! So Far We have:
The Speed Factory
DanKan Mini Shop
Sticka Up
Bilston Motor Spares
AP Automotive
New Mini Stuff
Challenge-R
iShine Car Care
MJR MiniMatt
Chromiumtech
100 % Show Plates

Visit our Traders Page to find out what these companies have to offer - http://www.thebigminishow.com/about/traders-2/

Autobrite Direct in association with iShine Car Care will also be doing live demonstrations on the day of all the latest car care and detailing techniques and products.

Don't forget to get your tickets, anyone attending the show on a club stand or in Show & Shine will need advance tickets to gain early access into the show. Ticket info can be found at - http://www.thebigminishow.com/tickets/

Thanks for reading and don't forget to get involved on our facebook page, just Search The Big Mini Show on Facebook.

- - - Updated - - -

would also like to thank you guys for travelling all the way down :)

stoney
16th May 2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the update Tony

Come on people it will be a good day ;)

boozeman
17th May 2013, 10:11 AM
Are we all going to meet up for the run down there

Craig
17th May 2013, 10:51 AM
Oh yes - an NMS convoy down the motorway is a blast ;)

stoney
17th May 2013, 11:13 AM
Are we all going to meet up for the run down there

Yep prob look in to a hotel for the sat night and nice drive down sat a quick car wash few pints and then show on Sunday ;)

boozeman
17th May 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm thinking of picking my brother up from manchester on the way down. Might head down to there the Friday get him to detail the car for me. Then rejoin the m6 Sunday and finish the leg. If the convoy is heading down the m6 give us a shout we will join it there

Craig
17th May 2013, 12:04 PM
Yep prob look in to a hotel for the sat night and nice drive down sat a quick car wash few pints and then show on Sunday ;)

This ^^^^^ :thumbs up:

Craig
17th May 2013, 12:13 PM
Couple of cheap hotels nearby.... Just if your wondering about costs....

Travelodge - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/173/Rugeley-hotel £25

Premier Inn - http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/RUGELE/rugeley £29

stoney
17th May 2013, 12:34 PM
Couple of cheap hotels nearby.... Just if your wondering about costs....

Travelodge - http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/173/Rugeley-hotel £25

Premier Inn - http://www.premierinn.com/en/checkHotel/RUGELE/rugeley £29

I need one that can take dogs ;)

Craig
17th May 2013, 12:35 PM
I need one that can take dogs ;)

Your always a problem... :lol:

stoney
17th May 2013, 12:36 PM
Your always a problem... :lol:

Yep :) but you love me really :D

Craig
17th May 2013, 12:37 PM
Yep :) but you love me really :D

Man hug :lol:

ELFMAN
17th May 2013, 12:55 PM
:kiss: :sick:

Craig
17th May 2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ebhistaffordsouth.en-gb.html?sid=774500a32546848411b94d646f4d7fad;dcid= 1;checkin=2013-09-14;checkout=2013-09-15;srfid=24d6d84b453fa7bfb32e93a9a907a21ffdf27b9dX 10

They take pets Rob and only 3 miles from the show ;)

stoney
17th May 2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ebhistaffordsouth.en-gb.html?sid=774500a32546848411b94d646f4d7fad;dcid= 1;checkin=2013-09-14;checkout=2013-09-15;srfid=24d6d84b453fa7bfb32e93a9a907a21ffdf27b9dX 10

They take pets Rob and only 3 miles from the show ;)

Looks good to me :) shall we say this one to book up then ?

Craig
17th May 2013, 03:32 PM
I would say so as its got a pub across from it and looks to be in a decent area. Never had any issues with Holiday Inn Express...

stoney
17th May 2013, 03:53 PM
Sounds god to me ;)

EcosseGP
18th May 2013, 02:50 AM
You booking for an overnight there on the 14th ? ;)

EcosseGP
18th May 2013, 02:58 AM
Booked ;);)

Craig
18th May 2013, 08:32 AM
You booking for an overnight there on the 14th ? ;)

Yeah - wi do I later today ;)

Craig
18th May 2013, 03:02 PM
Hotel booked ;)

Craig
18th May 2013, 03:04 PM
Updated the first page for you Rob ;)

stoney
18th May 2013, 03:07 PM
Booked :)

stoney
18th May 2013, 03:07 PM
Updated the first page for you Rob ;)

Thanks ;)

Craig
18th May 2013, 03:19 PM
That's my ticket purchased too ;)

EcosseGP
18th May 2013, 03:28 PM
I've already got my tickets for this event too ..

Craig
18th May 2013, 03:33 PM
You gonna come on the NMS stand Davy ??

stoney
18th May 2013, 05:30 PM
Will sort ticket end of month tony knows I am going ;)

thebigminishow
21st May 2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the support guys :) means a lot you are all coming down!

The holiday inn is great, the pub on the same site is a great 2 for £10 place

:) I use to live in Penkridge so if anyone wants to know anything just ask

Craig
21st May 2013, 08:47 PM
The way i look at it Tony is some MINI owners complain that there are not enough shows that cater for us, therefore if someone organises a show SPECIFICALLY for the MINI then we would be hypocrites if we didn't make the effort to attend.

We supported Mikey when he ran his MINI shows and would like to continue that tradition.

Id just like to say thanks for putting in the huge effort and making us welcome ;)

It would be great if we could get a few more cars to make the trip Sputh. If you've never done a road trip with NMS, then it's a great laugh :)

thebigminishow
21st May 2013, 08:55 PM
The way i look at it Tony is some MINI owners complain that there are not enough shows that cater for us, therefore if someone organises a show SPECIFICALLY for the MINI then we would be hypocrites if we didn't make the effort to attend.

We supported Mikey when he ran his MINI shows and would like to continue that tradition.

Id just like to say thanks for putting in the huge effort and making us welcome ;)

It would be great if we could get a few more cars to make the trip Sputh. If you've never done a road trip with NMS, then it's a great laugh :)

That's very kind of you to say so thank you :)

I'm working hard to make it a great show and if I can get he sport of the man community it will be an annual event :)

Thanks again guys

EcosseGP
21st May 2013, 08:55 PM
I agree Craig given the fact that some shows the new MINI outnumber the classic Mini 2 to 1 its great that someone has taken it on the chin to organise a MINI show ..

Hats off to you mate and I'll be there ! ;)

thebigminishow
21st May 2013, 09:01 PM
I agree Craig given the fact that some shows the new MINI outnumber the classic Mini 2 to 1 its great that someone has taken it on the chin to organise a MINI show ..

Hats off to you mate and I'll be there ! ;)

Thanks mate

ELFMAN
22nd May 2013, 12:28 PM
Given this a bit of thought and I'd liked to have gone, as I'm sure it'll be great fun, but I'm away the following weekend for a week, so I really want to spend the 'show weekend' with my Dad. I know it's daft, but I'd feel rotten if I went off and left him two weekends in a row... C'est la Vie.

I totally agree with Craig and the guys that we should try to support this event :thumbs up: Just sorry that I can't this time :sad:

MINI William
22nd May 2013, 12:38 PM
Stoney as I explained at the weekend. I was hoping to make this but after being reminded that I have my auntes wedding on the Saturday. I wont be able to make it. I will make one of these shows at some point :argh:

stoney
22nd May 2013, 02:05 PM
Not a prob guys I understand elf man bring you dad on a road trip he will love it :)

ELFMAN
22nd May 2013, 03:18 PM
elfman bring you dad on a road trip he will love it :)

Rob, one of the reasons I had to get rid of the 106 was that it was too low for him to get in and out of :frown:
So even if I could get him into the MINIs Recaro, and his ticker survived the trip, there's NO WAY I'd ever get him out of it at the end of the journey! :smilewinkgrin:

Duncan Stewart
25th May 2013, 01:53 AM
Would love to go but already bought tickets for Goodwood that weekend. Have a good show

stoney
25th May 2013, 08:23 AM
Come on there has got to be more than 4 of us ;) lets put Scotland on the map ;)

stoney
3rd June 2013, 08:37 PM
That's me got my ticket :)

Craig
3rd June 2013, 08:42 PM
Got my tickets last week ;)

stoney
3rd June 2013, 10:17 PM
I only just brought them the night :lol:

Mini Ecosse
4th June 2013, 07:01 AM
Would love to go but already bought tickets for Goodwood that weekend. Have a good show
See you at Goodwood :)

stoney
20th June 2013, 06:49 AM
Any more want to come a long ??

stoney
30th June 2013, 09:21 AM
Down to 3 now :sad: as Davy it going to the total mini stand and not NMS

EcosseGP
30th June 2013, 09:42 AM
A massive apology Rob I think I "mis led" you, unintentionally though, that by saying I had bought a ticket and booked accommodation that you added me to the NMS stand list when I'd already arranged with tM to be on a stand as I had no idea at that time NMS would have a stand there. I hadn't even checked the NMS stand list or I'd have said before now sorry.

I'm like you a man of my word and like you would never intentionally say one thing and do another.

If I could afford to run my GP down too I would .. Sorry again mate if its ruined anything you had sorted but I will be there and can't wait to see the Clubby in the flesh ;)

stoney
30th June 2013, 09:52 AM
It's ok Davy it was Craig added you to the list ;) I just assumed you would be on the NMS stand as there are 12 on TM stand and only 3 of us on NMS

Come on NMS let's make this a good one its well worth the trip some good banter ect

Craig
30th June 2013, 10:35 AM
Your right Rob ill take the blame. I didn't even know Davy was a member on tM so didn't even think about that. I knew he was taking the one.

Anyway, not a problem we will all still have a laugh ;)

More members going would be good as we took more to mikeys shows :yes nod:

stoney
30th June 2013, 10:45 AM
Your right Rob ill take the blame. I didn't even know Davy was a member on tM so didn't even think about that. I knew he was taking the one.

Anyway, not a problem we will all still have a laugh ;)

More members going would be good as we took more to mikeys shows :yes nod:

Not blaming you mate :)

it's that Davy a scots man and going on an English club stand shame on you Davy :lol: that's neer as bad as post whore Greg on tM :lol:

Only Joking guys :)

EcosseGP
30th June 2013, 12:49 PM
Lol .. I'm sorry I'm away to hang my head in shame :(:(

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Craig
30th June 2013, 12:58 PM
Lol .. I'm sorry I'm away to hang my head in shame :(:(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thebigminishow
18th July 2013, 09:39 PM
http://youtu.be/ccrfPZ0JiUo

Little teaser of what's to come at the show :)

Would love to know your thoughts on it guys :)

Craig
23rd July 2013, 08:59 AM
Very good Tony :thumbs up:

stoney
23rd July 2013, 10:24 AM
http://youtu.be/ccrfPZ0JiUo

Little teaser of what's to come at the show :)

Would love to know your thoughts on it guys :)

Looking good

stoney
24th July 2013, 07:19 PM
Any more fancy this spoke to a few at SCS any one all details on front page :D

thebigminishow
31st July 2013, 08:24 PM
THE BIG MINI SHOW UPDATE!!!

With just over 6 weeks to go until The Big Mini Show, I thought I would give you a little update and some more additions to the show.

Don’t forget that if you’re on a club stand you will need to buy advance tickets to be on your stand. If you don’t have an advance ticket you will not be able to be on a club stand. More details to come about club stands. Tickets are available from www.thebigminishow.com/tickets

MINI Car Boot
How many of you have unwanted MINI Parts in your Garage? Or Shelves of Unused Cleaning Products?
Then why not come and sell them in our Mini Car Boot? Here at The Big Mini Show we have a dedicated section for you to sell your unwanted Mini Parts or anything Mini Owners may be interested in… FOR FREE!!!!
There is No Extra Charge, you just need to have brought a ticket for everyone in the Car and follow the Rules! More info on he following link: http://www.thebigminishow.com/mini-car-boot/

Detailing Demonstrations
We have teamed up with the Guys at Autobrite Direct and iShine Car Care to bring you live detailing demonstrations at the show. Autobrite really know there stuff and will be demonstrating the latest products and techniques! Then iShine Car Care will have them all available to purchase with some fantastic offers on the day! The schedule will run like this:

1st Demo – Pre Cleaning, Snow Foaming and Drying
2nd Demo – Machine Polishing, Correcting and using a Clay Bar
3rd Demo – Finishing, Waxing and the water test!

Showcase YOUR Mini
We are looking for the best and proudest Mini Owners, we really want to get more interaction at The Big Mini Show so we are giving 5 people the chance to showcase their Mini in front of the crowd! We will be interviewing you with your Mini at the heart of the show!

We are looking for unique Minis and Proud Mini Owners to show off there Mini, it could be highly modified, the love of your life or you may just have an interesting story about you and your Mini! We will select the best entries and the ones we think people will want to see. So don’t be shy, email me your entry to tony@thebigminishow.com The 5 owners will get 2 free tickets to the show and a little prize on the day!

Thanks for your time guys and come and see us at MITP if you’re going  We will be bringing tickets and stickers with us!

Craig
31st July 2013, 09:25 PM
Will be at MITP so will pop by. Sounds like its gonna be a great show Tony.

Really hope some more members will be able to make this ;)

thebigminishow
31st July 2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks mate :)

weefossy
1st August 2013, 10:44 AM
Are there still tickets for this show? Think Mom is away that week with the girls, so might be able to come down.

Craig
1st August 2013, 11:16 AM
Yes Malcolm, just order your tickets online (check the first post) ;)

thebigminishow
1st August 2013, 11:34 AM
Tickets still available :)

stoney
1st August 2013, 02:19 PM
Are there still tickets for this show? Think Mom is away that week with the girls, so might be able to come down.

That would be good :D

boozeman
13th August 2013, 08:03 AM
Gutted I can't make it now! Work told me yesterday that I will be spending the best part of the week before and the weekend in Brugge. Normally I don't have a problem going anywhere with work but I've been here too many times and I want to get my arse to the big mini day.

stoney
13th August 2013, 03:41 PM
Gutted I can't make it now! Work told me yesterday that I will be spending the best part of the week before and the weekend in Brugge. Normally I don't have a problem going anywhere with work but I've been here too many times and I want to get my arse to the big mini day.

That's a shame mate :(

Craig
13th August 2013, 04:14 PM
Thanks a pity. Looks like its me and you then Rob!!

If I could get another driver I could take one of the other cars ;)

stoney
13th August 2013, 04:29 PM
Yep and poss Malcom as well if its just me and you I will just join on the end of the GP stand with my Nms flag waving :lol:

Craig
13th August 2013, 05:05 PM
Hopefully Malcolm can make it. ;)

Regardless we will have an NMS stab even if its just the 2 of us Rob.

Does William still have the flags and banner ?

weefossy
13th August 2013, 05:40 PM
Defo going to try and make this, so count me in. Don't know about Mom as they haven't finalised their holiday yet. Wummin......doh!!

MINI William
13th August 2013, 05:47 PM
Hopefully Malcolm can make it. ;)

Regardless we will have an NMS stab even if its just the 2 of us Rob.

Does William still have the flags and banner ?

Never had them. Rob was in charge of flags and banners

weefossy
13th August 2013, 05:49 PM
is it defo this hotel............. http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...so/hoteldetail (http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/gb/en/stafford/sffso/hoteldetail) ?
I've stayed in it before and it's fine, so is pub next door.
Soon as you confirm its this one, I'll book.

Craig
13th August 2013, 05:51 PM
Yes Malcolm, that's the one ;)

Craig
13th August 2013, 05:51 PM
Rob/Christine, myself and Davy are all staying there ;)

Craig
13th August 2013, 05:53 PM
Never had them. Rob was in charge of flags and banners

Ah ok, I thought he was giving them to you. Thanks William, at least he should still have them 👍

weefossy
13th August 2013, 06:34 PM
That's the hotel booked.

Craig
13th August 2013, 07:17 PM
That's the hotel booked.

Woohoo !! :thumbs up:

D3 JDA
13th August 2013, 07:46 PM
Stoney can you put Fiona & myself down for the big mini show

stoney
13th August 2013, 08:27 PM
That's all added yes I have the flags and banners ;) still in the boot of the cubbie they where even at MITP with me but I forgot I had them lol

Neil - TXJ
13th August 2013, 08:44 PM
I am in the ballot for tickets at Old Trafford on 14th - if I am successful may consider making a weekend of it and joining you on Sunday.

stoney
13th August 2013, 08:48 PM
I am in the ballot for tickets at Old Trafford on 14th - if I am successful may consider making a weekend of it and joining you on Sunday.

No prob just let us know you have to get your tickets direct :)

D3 JDA
13th August 2013, 09:41 PM
HI rob thats us also booked the hotel cheers:hand:

stoney
13th August 2013, 09:59 PM
HI rob thats us also booked the hotel cheers:hand:

No prob :)

markjbb
14th August 2013, 03:28 PM
watch my bro in the bnbf bodybulding finals in manchester or pop down the road to the Big MINI day :confused:

stoney
14th August 2013, 07:03 PM
watch my bro in the bnbf bodybulding finals in manchester or pop down the road to the Big MINI day :confused:

:lol: big mini day :lol:

stoney
15th August 2013, 06:42 AM
Ok guys had this email from Tony

Evening,

Hope you’re excited for the Big Mini Show.

I am just sending you booking infor for Club Stands.

Could you provide me with your contact number and email address please. If it is someone else who will be the club organiser on the day could you please pass on their information to me.(this is me aka Stoney :) )

The Deadline to confirm Club stand numbers is – MONDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER. This is a strict deadline, as you can imagine there is a lot to do in the final weeks. In the meantime could you confirm an estimate number of Minis on your club stand by the end of this week.

EVERYONE who is on the club stand must have purchased advanced tickets. If someone doesn’t have advance tickets then they will have to wait until public opening times to enter. This is too reduce ques and make the setting up process quick and easy. The final day to get advance tickets is SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER.

Club Stand Rules and Stand Passes will follow within the next week.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks again for all your support.
Tony

Event Organiser.

Craig
15th August 2013, 09:33 AM
All sounds fine to me :)

weefossy
15th August 2013, 09:47 AM
Rob will PM you with details. I will buy show tickets today. Otherwise sounds good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

That's my tickets bought.

stoney
15th August 2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks Malcom

Any more people want to join in will be good weekend and some good banter 😏👍

stoney
21st August 2013, 01:24 PM
I have the stand pass in my email I will print some out or can email you it across and you can use it on your phone or tablet if you want to

Craig
21st August 2013, 02:36 PM
Could you send me one please rob - electronic is fine. ;)

stoney
21st August 2013, 05:13 PM
Could you send me one please rob - electronic is fine. ;)

Pm me your email then :)

stoney
21st August 2013, 05:56 PM
Email sent Craig

If any one else wants ther club stand pads just on me your email :)

stoney
22nd August 2013, 09:27 PM
Any more for this 1 space left !!

GreigJCW
22nd August 2013, 10:40 PM
Any more for this 1 space left !!

Me !!! Looking forward to it. Thanks rob.

Sent from my iPad mini.

stoney
23rd August 2013, 07:47 AM
Me !!! Looking forward to it. Thanks rob.

Sent from my iPad mini.

Your on the list still 1 space left 👍😉

stoney
4th September 2013, 08:55 PM
Ok guys and girls with this now being just over a week away are we going to convoy down on the sat ?
Shall I suggest meet at tesco lesmahagow 10am as normal ??

http://www.tesco.com/storeLocator/?bid=6284

Then we can pick Malcom up at Abington services at around 10:30/10:45 ish ?? :)

Let me know what you guys think

Stoney

Craig
4th September 2013, 10:06 PM
Perfect with me Rob. Spoke with Davy yesterday and we will be leaving ours around 9:15. :)

Looking forward to this ;)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

weefossy
4th September 2013, 10:51 PM
Sounds good to me, Abington suits fine.

stoney
5th September 2013, 07:41 AM
Just David to.confirm .as.i.know.Greg is.going.down.Fri.to.vista.people.before the show

GreigJCW
5th September 2013, 08:14 AM
Just David to.confirm .as.i.know.Greg is.going.down.Fri.to.vista.people.before the show

Ill see you guys there on the door. Rob what time you planning to be there sunday ?

stoney
5th September 2013, 08:28 AM
Ill see you guys there on the door. Rob what time you planning to be there sunday ?

Well we need to be on site and parked up for 9am so I would say best to meet us at the hotel at say 8:15/8:30 ish then we will drive down in convoy to the show ground only 1/2m away :)

GreigJCW
5th September 2013, 08:30 AM
What's the full details of the place you are staying.

Craig
5th September 2013, 08:34 AM
Holiday Inn Express just off J13 of the M6 ST18 9AP

stoney
5th September 2013, 09:03 AM

Thanks all info is on page 1 as well :)

EcosseGP
5th September 2013, 09:35 PM
Looking forward to this just hope the S doesn't look to plain in the gang heading sarf !!

Craig
5th September 2013, 09:43 PM
It will be fine once we have done all those 10 min jobs ;) lol

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

GreigJCW
5th September 2013, 10:09 PM

Ta bud.

stoney
5th September 2013, 10:21 PM
Looking forward to this just hope the S doesn't look to plain in the gang heading sarf !!

It will be fine ;)

D3 JDA
5th September 2013, 11:12 PM
We will need to just meet u guys down there on the sat night as I am working on the sat morning:thumbs up:

stoney
6th September 2013, 07:00 AM
We will need to just meet u guys down there on the sat night as I am working on the sat morning:thumbs up:

No prob david we will see you in the bar :lol: ;)

jdl_1967
7th September 2013, 11:24 AM

'Plain' isn't a word I would ever use to describe any of your vehicles once you've owned them for a wee while!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EcosseGP
7th September 2013, 11:31 AM
Lol ... Yeah but I worry about the S compared to some of the metal I'm travelling down with !!

Craig
12th September 2013, 05:37 PM
Ok, small check list for the weekend.

rob you have the banner and flags?
Do we want a gazebo based on the current weather as I have a pop up one that will take less than 1 min to put up :)
Cleaning - do we know if there is a car wash nearby the hotel ?

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

weefossy
12th September 2013, 05:41 PM
Well that's the car clean for the "Big Mini Show". Only took a couple of hours because of all Mr King's hard work last month. No doubt it will need done again when we get to Stafford......doh :frown:

Couple of picture taken this afternoon. Are the times still OK for meeting at Abington?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/BeastSept2013016b.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/BeastSept2013018c.jpg

GreigJCW
12th September 2013, 05:59 PM
Looks good Malcolm. I'm bringing a wee pressie for it ;)

Craig
12th September 2013, 06:16 PM
As far as I know the time hast changed. I'm meeting Rob at the Tescos at Lesmahagow at 10.

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

weefossy
12th September 2013, 06:51 PM
"A Wee Pressie" ............ wrap the entire car in Pepper White? :smilewinkgrin:

GreigJCW
12th September 2013, 07:06 PM
"A Wee Pressie" ............ wrap the entire car in Pepper White? :smilewinkgrin:

Nope bringing it with me. You'll have to wait ;)

Sent from my iPad mini.

Craig
12th September 2013, 08:58 PM
I've checked my Gazebo and its out ready for use. :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

stoney
12th September 2013, 08:59 PM
Yep flags and banner are in the boot of the cubbie :)

Don't know about getting it washed mind you run off my feet as for leave time all ok at the mo but I may have to work sat morning but should still be ok for 10 will update you all 2morow on that as soon as I know

Craig
12th September 2013, 09:27 PM
I've got a plan to bodge that flag.... I take it you havent had a chance to get a spare bit for it?

we can get your car washed on Sat once we get down. NMS Team effort ;)

very flexible for Sat so just let me know. :)

Colinm101
12th September 2013, 10:39 PM
Is there room on the stand for this?

stoney
13th September 2013, 07:59 AM
Is there room on the stand for this?

Hi Colin there is 1 space but you needed an advance ticket if you have one then yes we have a stand place
unfortnaly you can not pay on the gate till 10am and we need to be set up and no movement after 9:45
thanks Rob

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a plan to bodge that flag.... I take it you havent had a chance to get a spare bit for it?

we can get your car washed on Sat once we get down. NMS Team effort ;)

very flexible for Sat so just let me know. :)

good stuff no not had chance to get it out the boot tbh every time I think about it Christine is away in the car !!
Wont take much cleaning as its got a good coat of wax on it as norm :D

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 08:03 AM
Ah no worries. Thanks anyway

stoney
13th September 2013, 08:05 AM
Ah no worries. Thanks anyway

No prob leave it with me and I will,see if I can get you a ticket :D can not promise but will try my best :)

stoney
13th September 2013, 08:05 AM
No prob leave it with me and I will,see if I can get you a ticket :D can not promise but will try my best :)

And 1 or 2 ??

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 08:38 AM
Don't go bending over backwards bud it was just if there was room

Cheers though

stoney
13th September 2013, 08:39 AM
Don't go bending over backwards bud it was just if there was room

Cheers though

I can as the guy who runs it I know him it's not a prob just need to know if it 1 or 2 tickets mate it what we do as a club it's no prob :D

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 08:52 AM
Ok Stoney Ill ask with the "management" (wife) and see if she wants a ticket. Ill let you know ASAP. Are you all staying at the hotel?

Craig
13th September 2013, 08:54 AM
Yes we are :) (other than Greig and Kim who are staying locally with family)

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 08:57 AM
Thanks Craig

stoney
13th September 2013, 09:03 AM
Have asked for 2 tickets will let you know as soon as he gets back to me :D

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 09:11 AM
Have asked for 2 tickets will let you know as soon as he gets back to me :D

PM'd matey

stoney
13th September 2013, 09:12 AM
Ok Stoney Ill ask with the "management" (wife) and see if she wants a ticket. Ill let you know ASAP. Are you all staying at the hotel?

Sorted that's you on the stand mate we just need to pop down to the show gourd 2morow eve and pick up your tickets

Craig
13th September 2013, 09:46 AM
Yassss! Full stand!

I've updated the first post with the convoy details so everyone knows the times :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to persuade the wife to go

Been on/off work all week with a wee heart issue (I'm only 30!) but ill see if I can work my charms. If not the run at the end of the month will need to be my first event :)

stoney
13th September 2013, 02:08 PM
I'm trying to persuade the wife to go

Been on/off work all week with a wee heart issue (I'm only 30!) but ill see if I can work my charms. If not the run at the end of the month will need to be my first event :)

Hope you can make it but understand if you can not ! :D as said there is a place for you and we can pick you up a set of tickets 2 morow when we get down there as tony is a good bloke :D

stoney
13th September 2013, 02:12 PM
And leave time is all good not worki g 2morow now done job today ;)

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks Stoney

Craig
13th September 2013, 03:10 PM
Good news Rob :). Just thin got worn out how I'm goin to fit everything in ! Lol :lol:

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

stoney
13th September 2013, 03:38 PM
Good news Rob :). Just thin got worn out how I'm goin to fit everything in ! Lol :lol:

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Tell me about it just wating on Christine getting home then going to take cubbie to workshop and hope I can get it cleaned ready for the trip down would love to get a coat of glaze on it and a seal but we will see what happens :D

weefossy
13th September 2013, 05:08 PM
Craig, I will have space when you get to Abingdon, as Mom is on holiday, so she hasn't been baking etc...lol.
Is there anything else you need me to bring; I've got the fairy liquid and the brillo pads, so we are all right for cleaning stuff. :rolleyes:

Craig
13th September 2013, 05:12 PM
Lol - should be fine Malcolm. The bar bill will be cheaper for us this weekend at least :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

stoney
13th September 2013, 06:34 PM
Lol - should be fine Malcolm. The bar bill will be cheaper for us this weekend at least :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com (http://www.lodgeonthecaley.com)

yep but no food :shut up:

only kidding donungts on the way down then lol

Neil - TXJ
13th September 2013, 08:59 PM
Have a good trip guys.

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm a no go guys :(

Hope you have a blast. I'm guessing you'll be posting up pics?

Craig
13th September 2013, 09:32 PM
That's a shame Colin - oh yes - pics galore !!

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Craig
13th September 2013, 09:45 PM
That's the car packed and a few extras put in. See you all in the morning :). ROAD TRIP !!!!!

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Colinm101
13th September 2013, 09:53 PM
That's a shame Colin - oh yes - pics galore !!

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Better than nothing for me! Common sense though I suppose

stoney
13th September 2013, 10:55 PM
Car will be packed in the morning after a quick foam :)

stoney
14th September 2013, 08:13 AM
Just getting car cleaned ready for show :thumbs up:

then another quick wash when we get down south :lol:

CiderFex
14th September 2013, 11:03 AM
Have a safe trip down lads.
:)
Si thi in the morning.
:D

stoney
14th September 2013, 12:24 PM
On are way down just stopped for a quick pee and then off to huntleys for some lunch :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

RobSco
14th September 2013, 12:35 PM
Have a safe journey down and a safe return, enjoy yourselves... :thumbs up: ...look forward to seeing the pictures Craig... :camera:

Craig
14th September 2013, 05:32 PM
Have a safe journey down and a safe return, enjoy yourselves... :thumbs up: ...look forward to seeing the pictures Craig... :camera:

Thanks Robert - hopefully get loads of pictures !

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Craig
14th September 2013, 05:39 PM
That's us all here safely, cars all washed and dried. Quick change and then some dinner :)

Gotta say the hotel staff have been amazing !

stoney
14th September 2013, 06:21 PM
That's us all here safely, cars all washed and dried. Quick change and then some dinner :)

Gotta say the hotel staff have been amazing !

Yep defo real nice place and staff :D

EcosseGP
14th September 2013, 06:23 PM
Yep defo real nice place and staff :D

Yeah it's brilliant here ... and there's an outside tap ;)

Stewart
14th September 2013, 06:44 PM
. and there's an outside tap ;)

:thumbs up:

stoney
14th September 2013, 11:41 PM
Well bed time now good night had with the Nms gang and Christina and Paul as Norm we really need to do more shows :D

GreigJCW
15th September 2013, 05:39 AM
See ya soon. :)

Craig
15th September 2013, 07:12 AM
Aye, that's me up - wee shower and some fuel for the day ahead. It's like blooming Christmas !!! Lol :lol:

stoney
15th September 2013, 10:10 PM
Fantastic day had Craig took the photos so he will post them we will be back next year

weefossy
15th September 2013, 11:18 PM
Home safe, managed to make Sunday "Bible Class" :beer:
Compo and the gang laughed at the stories...........especially the "swash buckling wasp sting"....lol :knife:

Craig
15th September 2013, 11:29 PM
Lol Malcolm, there are photos apparently :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

EcosseGP
15th September 2013, 11:34 PM
What a weekend absolutely brilliant and great to meet a couple of NMS members if it was by default !

Thanks for complete hoot lads, Malcolm you're a legend ;)

thebigminishow
16th September 2013, 08:40 AM
WOW I can’t believe the show is over, and what a day!

I would firstly like to thank you all at NMS for attending and your support! You guys coming all this way was amazing so thank you!

Also thank you for battling through the weather and still showing up!

I am very pleased to say that we will be doing the show again next year and hopefully for many years to come!

I really hope we put on a show that you enjoyed and you felt was worthwhile, it was the first show and I know it’s not the likes of MITP or Mini Festival (yet) but I hope we created something that New MINI Owners could call their own! We aren’t a big event company, it’s just me a MINI enthusiast and my family helping out on the day.

We had over 600 people attend the show yesterday which was great for the first year and with the weather the way it was!

We had 250 Minis On display which was a great site.

We raised a fantastic £240 for Cancer research in memory of GP Mick so thank you to all of you brought tickets and donated prizes!

We had 15 Traders who all said it was a great day and better than expected so thank you for supporting them! Many ran out of products very quickly. I know some people have said it needed more traders, we would all love that, but it is very difficult to get traders to commit, I thought the ones who did attend made a great effort and did us proud. When contacting traders some said that it’s not something they are interested in, others didn’t have time this year and others wouldn’t commit as it was the first show so hopefully we will get more on board next year!

I think the demos worked well, after your opinions on this? Big thanks to Autobrite for doing those.
We welcome all feedback, good and bad, you guys make the show so we want you to be happy, so without knowing what you thought we can’t improve for next year! If you could take 5 minutes just to fill out a quick feedback form that would be great!

http://www.thebigminishow.com/show-feedback/

Thanks again for all the support and I promise not to bother you all again…. Until next year anyway! I will be confirming next year’s date with the next month or so.

See you all in 2014 unless I see you at a show or run soon!
Keep It MINI
Tony

CiderFex
16th September 2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks to you, Sami and all of your family and friends for putting on a great show Tony.
Congratulations it was an awesome first show.
Long may it continue and grow over the years.
:D
I would personally like to thank all of our Sottish friends for attending and a making the huge effort to attend The B.M.S. and for making it a cracking day out all round and I am happy to know that you all got back to Gods Country safe and sound.
:)
It was also greatly appreciated that you let your GP cousins use your gazebo when the weather turned a little bit damp.
It was great to see you all there and after having never seen a WC50 I was amazed to see two parked opposite each other, what a piece of kit they are !!!
Thank you again for your friendship, banter and hospitality.
Hope to see you all again soon.
Pete

Craig
16th September 2013, 10:20 AM
Tony, all I can say is you and your family did a top job.

This was my third show of the year and after completing 2000 miles just to attend I'd do it all again tomorrow :). I loved all aspects of your show and the only way it could have been better was with sunshine :)

I'll be back next year and let's see if we can get double figures for our stand ;)

I was just a little disappointed by some of the soft southerners who chose to leave early because of the rain. Not cool guys, lots of effort went in to make the show happen and you can't be bothered to stick it out??? We were there to the end and had probably the longest drive home, so next time suck it up !

Again, thanks Tony for all the hard work, we REALLY appreciated it :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
16th September 2013, 10:31 AM
Tony, all I can say is you and your family did a top job.

This was my third show of the year and after completing 2000 miles just to attend I'd do it all again tomorrow :). I loved all aspects of your show and the only way it could have been better was with sunshine :)

I'll be back next year and let's see if we can get double figures for our stand ;)

I was just a little disappointed by some of the soft southerners who chose to leave early because of the rain. Not cool guys, lots of effort went in to make the show happen and you can't be bothered to stick it out??? We were there to the end and had probably the longest drive home, so next time suck it up !

Again, thanks Tony for all the hard work, we REALLY appreciated it :thumbs up:

That really says it all .. Great weekend, great company, great show only spoiled by the weather but we can't do anything about that. All in all a great way to finish off the years show season. Roll on 2014. ;);)

weefossy
16th September 2013, 11:42 AM
Tony, agree with all the above.....a great show and the first show where I've had "cujun frogs legs for lunch....excellent.
Ciderfex, appreciate comments on the WC50, seemed to go down well with the GP guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't take too many photos, but here's a few

NMS stand from front
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stafford2013007.jpg

Nms stand from back
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stafford2013009.jpg

the Beast looking not too bad despite the weather
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stafford2013016.jpg

Couple of nice Clubbies
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stafford2013019.jpg

Think this one is Bret's from Clubman register.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c394/weefossy/Stafford2013003.jpg

EcosseGP
16th September 2013, 12:51 PM
Cheers Malcolm for managing to get the S in ... Didn't manage to take any shots yesterday but Catherine will be delighted seeing it on the stand !

Craig
16th September 2013, 12:54 PM
I need to get my photos off the camera :)

Craig
16th September 2013, 02:41 PM
Some photos from me including some other cars. Davy's S just looks great with all the little touches, some you have to look for to see. All the cars looked great even after the journey.

All great fun and I think we looked great with our flags and banner etc. ;)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1580.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1580.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/d1.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/d1.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1583.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1583.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/d2.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/d2.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1581.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1581.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1588.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1588.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1590.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1590.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1593.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1593.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1587.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1587.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1585.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1585.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1594.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1594.jpg.html)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_1595.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_1595.jpg.html)

RobSco
16th September 2013, 05:42 PM
Great Photos Malcolm and Craig... :thumbs up: ...Looks like you all had a great time... :yes nod: ...and flew the flag for NMS... :saltireflag:

Gismo
16th September 2013, 05:53 PM
Looks like everyone had a good time, thanks to all the NMS'ers for flying the flag and giving us excellent exposure.

Looking closely at the site, i think i may have been there before on a Mini2 run?

MINI William
16th September 2013, 07:05 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time. Something seems to happen every year that means I can't make these shows. Fingers crossed for next year.

stoney
16th September 2013, 07:31 PM
Well worth the trip as Craig said would be nice if we can make it double figures next year :D

EcosseGP
16th September 2013, 09:12 PM
It was just like all the others shows this year an absolute hoot from start to finish ... It would be nice to have a big show from the NMS massive next year. Plenty of time to save for it. Would even consider taking the S again over the GP or could take the GP and straddle both stands if we were put together ;)

stoney
16th September 2013, 09:16 PM
It was just like all the others shows this year an absolute hoot from start to finish ... It would be nice to have a big show from the NMS massive next year. Plenty of time to save for it. Would even consider taking the S again over the GP or could take the GP and straddle both stands if we were put together ;)

No harm in having the Gp on the Nms stand plenty of others put there Gp on other stands the way I see it is if NMS are going ten thats the stand I will be on as its home club :D
And you lol ways wonder from stand to stand ;)

weefossy
17th September 2013, 08:51 AM
Would it be cheaper on petrol to hire a car transporter to take all the GPs down to a show? :D:hand::D

Craig
17th September 2013, 09:10 AM
Would it be cheaper on petrol to hire a car transporter to take all the GPs down to a show? :D:hand::D

Aye pretty much. !! Lol

Craig
27th September 2013, 08:26 PM
NMS getting into Modern MINI Mag :lol:

Great exposure :)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/ty4u4ysa.jpg

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

EcosseGP
27th September 2013, 08:29 PM
Can't believe it big fella we take the countryman and S and the cars make the current issue of MM .. wonder if the GPs would've made it had we taken them ?

Just shows you don't need to have anything fancy or expensive to attend the shows and there's always a chance for a wee memento too ..

Great exposure for NMS and maybe a few more of the gang will adorn the NMS show stand in 2014 ;)

Craig
27th September 2013, 08:39 PM
I'd have to say that the effort we made with the gazebo, flags and banner brought from Scotland prob helped. 😃

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

EcosseGP
27th September 2013, 08:49 PM
Brilliant weekend especially we literally had our own joker ... Malcolm !!

weefossy
27th September 2013, 08:53 PM
Aye and The Beast just manged to ghost into the edge of the picture :smilewinkgrin:

moktabe
27th September 2013, 09:46 PM
It looks like I'm thieving something from under Robs bonnet!!

Craig
27th September 2013, 09:51 PM
It looks like I'm thieving something from under Robs bonnet!!

Lol - it won't fit the GP Brian :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

moktabe
27th September 2013, 09:54 PM
Lol - it won't fit the GP Brian :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

It was worth a try though....you never know!!

Craig
27th September 2013, 10:11 PM
It was worth a try though....you never know!!

Lol

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

stoney
27th September 2013, 10:38 PM
Wohoo my car is I'm MM 1st time ever :D and oi leave my AEM it's mine: lol: ;)