PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper Protector

Big Col
29th April 2013, 02:51 PM
Any of you NMSers fitted a clear plastic cover or similar over the mahoosive lip on the rear bumper of your Countryman or know where I can track one down. Countryman is excellent for bunging the pooch in, however, the big lip is too handy a stepping point for him to resists so any points in the direction of a protector would be tippedy top. :thumbs up:

stoney
29th April 2013, 03:20 PM
As above I put Faith in the back of the GP and just use a blanket to cover the bumper ;)

You can not polish or wax clear vinyl ;)

john
29th April 2013, 05:39 PM
I had Carbon Fibre ones make for the first generation mini, ( most of them went o Japan) if there is a market for it then perhaps Mike would get them at newministuff

AndyP & Lenore
29th April 2013, 08:40 PM
Fold out rubber mat. Win win all round. Better traction for the mutt and not on show when you don't want it to be. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Big Col
30th April 2013, 05:38 AM
I already have the fold oooty rubber matt but it obviously flops over the edge of the bumper and is then trodden on by the pooch. As the back of the car is often bogging after taking him to where we want to walk him the rubber is mooshed onto the bumper underneath and is causing marring, especially along the lip of the bumper. Shows up hideous on a black motor so am looking to see how to avoid. :confused:

Craig
30th April 2013, 08:15 AM
What about defendall ?? http://www.rpm-morgan.co.uk/defenall_ppf.html

I know it's mostly for stone chips, but it should work for your application. Just get your bumper the way you want it then this on top ;)

Crombers
30th April 2013, 09:04 AM
Y'see this is where the financial constraints of of owning a 10 year old Fiat Punto has it's benefits :yes nod:

Scratched doggie nailed marks on rear door sills, occassional spew, nosed/licked windows & much farting .................... (some of which aint even the dog :Whistle:) & who gives a chuff :thumbs up:

Big Col
30th April 2013, 09:56 AM
What about defendall ?? http://www.rpm-morgan.co.uk/defenall_ppf.html

I know it's mostly for stone chips, but it should work for your application. Just get your bumper the way you want it then this on top ;)

Right. Someone with the power on here is to change Craig's user name to "The Man!" :thumbs up: Spot on. Thanks mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Y'see this is where the financial constraints of of owning a 10 year old Fiat Punto has it's benefits :yes nod:

Scratched doggie nailed marks on rear door sills, occassional spew, nosed/licked windows & much farting .................... (some of which aint even the dog :Whistle:) & who gives a chuff :thumbs up:

No sure I'd be happy wi the farting no matter how old the motor was. ;)

Crombers
30th April 2013, 10:06 AM
C'mon all dogs fart, oven old one's like me :moonie: :shut up: :thumbs up: