PDA

View Full Version : Car wax and polish kits

d.oxley72
22nd April 2013, 07:10 AM
I'm looking for a good (but affordable!) car cleaning and polishing kits as I plan to give my ONE a clean and shine up.
I know of Autoglym and Meguiars, but no many else.
I don't fancy planning on doing anything too fancy (driving on South Lanarkshire and Dumfriesshire roads soon mucks up the car) , but I do want to give the paintwork a decent shine and clean the seats etc.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks.

Ps. One the rear reg plate lens keeps falling off. Had to replace the bulb and the metal tab on the lens doesn't want to hold it, so any remedies for that as well appreciated.

stoney
22nd April 2013, 09:33 AM
Chemical guys stuff is very good and got a good range of price

Craig
22nd April 2013, 10:30 AM
For your lens you just have to glue it in. It's a very bad design and that's what I had to do with Jude's ... :(

As for cleaning products. I have found Autoglym Super Resin Polish to be the best for polishing

I also like Chemical Guys Blacklight as it gives an amazing shine ;)

For Wax I use Collinte 476S as it looks great, beads well and lasts for aaaagea :thumbs up:

d.oxley72
23rd April 2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks.
I've seen good reviews of Turtle Wax ICE SYNTHETIC PASTE WAX has anyone tried it?
If so, does it just combine polish and wax into one dressing?

d.oxley72
24th April 2013, 09:09 AM
Decided to play safe so I've ordered this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autoglym-Super-Formula-Resin-Polish/dp/B009LHHHZE/ref=pd_cp_auto_2

EcosseGP
24th April 2013, 12:09 PM
Can't really go wrong with AG SRP what I will say is read the instructions and buy one of their cellulose sponges too ..

In short, Wet the sponge so its damp a small bit of polish onto the sponge and rub in straight lines gently over the bodywork. For any marks or scratches increase the pressure. Leave to dry then buff off with another clean towel/cloth .. Stand back and admire !

Good luck and happy polishing ;)

I intend to live forever ... So far so good !

d.oxley72
24th April 2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the advice :)