PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Temp Sensor

Tam1314
18th April 2013, 11:33 AM
Over the last couple of weeks my car has been running quite rough, and a few times it was struggling to start.
So it's still under warranty and I booked it into Peter Vardy to get it seen to.
Turns out it was the coolant temperature sensor that needed replaced.
The good news is that this item has been recalled and I got it changed for free.
I never knew about the recall so perhaps if your car is running a wee bit rough it would be worth a call to Mini.

ianking
18th April 2013, 12:51 PM
I had this changed on my 11 plate S when it was about 5 months old as the car was toiling to start on quite a number of days then eventually it just wouldnt start at all and so was put on a recovery truck back to the dealers.

Tam1314
18th April 2013, 02:11 PM
Well, I'm just north of Dundee now and it certainly seems to be running better, so hopefully that's it sorted.

ELFMAN
18th April 2013, 02:15 PM
The good news is that this item has been recalled and I got it changed for free.
I never knew about the recall so perhaps if your car is running a wee bit rough it would be worth a call to Mini.

Funny how MINI often don't 'recall' recalls isn't it, and you only find out about it when the problem appears...
Glad you got is sorted anyway :thumbs up:

h8oag
21st May 2013, 04:34 PM
Mini in Grassicks today
Struggled to start this morning............and engine fan runs after switch off
Technician says sensor is confusing ECU that engine temp is permanently hot.
New Temp sensor ordered and will be fitted tomorrow
Is this the quiet recall that is being talked about elsewhere?

I would have thought the part dept would carry sensors as a normal stock item

rpn
21st May 2013, 05:35 PM
I just had mine (2010 MCS) replaced under recall. You should double check with Grassicks.