PDA

View Full Version : Paceman IS overpriced. ..

KenL
12th April 2013, 09:55 PM
Check out the video in this link:

http://www.motoringfile.com/2013/04/12/video-autocar-pits-the-paceman-jcw-against-the-bmw-m135i/

Does this not prove how ridiculous the price of the this car, and the Paceman in general is?

Gismo
12th April 2013, 10:26 PM
Wow, I'd have a 1M over the paceman any day

Gismo
13th April 2013, 12:03 AM
30k is too high for me to stay that in love with a mini

zimbo
13th April 2013, 12:34 AM
I hate to say it, BUT I too consider the price of the mini to be far too much and out of the realms of reality and as much as I love my minis when your talking prices like that i'm afraid there are loads more better options out there for that sort of ££££ whether it be a brand new car or an ex-demo etc. If I had that sort of money to spend and fancied a mini then the ONLY mini I would be willing to spend that sort of dosh on would be a GP due to its exclusivity and rarity and thats IT!!! :yes nod:

Stewart
13th April 2013, 11:36 AM
Basically it get Mullared by a M series but its only saving grace is looks wise I do still prefer the Mini even not being to much of a Paceman fan it has to be said.
But that’s if you offered me the keys for a drive, £30K for something that every petrol head is going to instantly regard as nothing special is a high price for something that is nothing short of the new trinket on the block.

These things are going to be rare not because they are special but because you’d have to really really want one to over look all its failings as a priced Hot hatch.

Robbo
14th April 2013, 12:52 PM
My folks were considering a JCW Paceman as a replacement for my mums current 123d MSport coop, but after looking at the prices of a well spec'd one they decided not to and are going for a 1M, but until the new car comes Parks of Hamilton have kindly given them this to knock about in.. 4157

badwolf340
15th April 2013, 08:17 PM
My folks were considering a JCW Paceman as a replacement for my mums current 123d MSport coop, but after looking at the prices of a well spec'd one they decided not to and are going for a 1M, but until the new car comes Parks of Hamilton have kindly given them this to knock about in.. 4157

Robbo when you say new car comes and 1m ..do you mean M 135 or 1M ??? :thumbs up: both are nice cars

d.oxley72
15th April 2013, 10:20 PM
I know BMW purposefully pitched MINI as a brand above the usual supermini brigade, but i still think there should be the ethos of the original Mini in regard to affordable motoring.

According to this Carbuzz report, there is the possibility that a future Countryman may come in three and five door versions, rendering the Paceman redundant.
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/4/9/Mini-to-Eliminate-Some-Models-7713808/

Robbo
15th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Sorry I should've made it more clear mate, it's a 2013 135i that's coming, estimated for mid July.

Alex from NM
16th April 2013, 07:58 PM
According to this Carbuzz report, there is the possibility that a future Countryman may come in three and five door versions, rendering the Paceman redundant.
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2013/4/9/Mini-to-Eliminate-Some-Models-7713808/

I struggle to see where it fits into the line up anyway. Unless people want a car with three doors that's not a MINI but is a MINI please. And it also must have a weirder roofline than a Countryman.

Big Col
17th April 2013, 07:02 AM
I struggle to see where it fits into the line up anyway. Unless people want a car with three doors that's not a MINI but is a MINI please. And it also must have a weirder roofline than a Countryman.

I agree I think the Paceman seems like a pretty contrived variant. Don't know if the Evoke gave someone an idea with the 5 and 3 door variants? :confused:

Stewart
17th April 2013, 09:51 AM
I can only suspect its tailored more to the American Market that they seem to be concentrating on these days. To the Americans its still a small car to what they drive over there.

The rake of that roof line is the one part I really don’t fancy. But to be fair I’ve not stood next to one yet.

http://s3.motoringfile.com.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Paceman-640x409.jpg

ianking
17th April 2013, 11:27 AM
To be honest I think that all MINIs are over priced. When you look now at the spec you get as standard in other cars versus what you get in the mini. Over the years mini have added more kit as standard or as part of the chilli pack but they have increased the price to reflect this.
Take into account the reliability of minis and their constant trim rattles etc they really are far too expensive.
But then again Im on MINI number 11 now so something keeps making me go back.
Think this is my last mini hatch though as I want a bigger car now and to be fair perhaps the countryman aint for me as its just going to have the same reliability issues and build quality as a hatch.

badwolf340
17th April 2013, 08:30 PM
Sorry I should've made it more clear mate, it's a 2013 135i that's coming, estimated for mid July.

:thumbs up: nice get pics up when it arrives