PDA

View Full Version : Ignition circuit ZK10/safety battery switch 1

BOYROLLO
3rd April 2013, 07:31 PM
Gents and Gentsesses, please help I have an airbag warning light on in my 02 JCW Cooper S, when scanned the following fault is recorded - Ignition circuit ZK10/safety battery switch 1.

I have contacted the stealers and they inform me i need a full battery wire as it has a fusible link in it which has been damaged causing this fault and can only be replaced not repaired!
cost of the part is an eyewatering £205 without fitting!!!!

has anyone had/solved/know of any other way around this problem???? My MOT is up this month and clearly will not pass due to the regulation change introduced 20th March 13...

your help/guidance is sincerely appreciated

john
3rd April 2013, 09:36 PM
You can bypass the fusible link

BOYROLLO
3rd April 2013, 10:32 PM
John can you tell me how or do you have a link on how to do it?

S7JGW
4th April 2013, 03:35 AM
If the inline fuse had blown would the ignition just not come on like disconnecting the battery? :confused:
If its a separate line to the airbag module you would need to find the fuse and cut the wire and rejoin either by passing the fuse or possibly put in an inline fuse depending on size of wire.
I assume you have you checked all the fuses in the fuse box.
I used to get airbag light on few times in my old R50 and used to get my mate to reset it and it would stay off a while then come back on about a month later.

john
4th April 2013, 08:09 AM
The disable link is at the battery, have a look and see it is definitely that, if so it should be obvious .

BOYROLLO
4th April 2013, 06:26 PM
had a look and theres nothing obvious??? any one post a picture of there boot and the wires around the battery? only thing that doesnt seem right is the yellow lead going into the battery terminal seems to have about 3-5mm of movement in a clockwise/anti-clockwise direction is this normal????

john
4th April 2013, 10:10 PM
The yellow lead is the airbag lead, the red lead is the main lead.