PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Software

Gismo
1st April 2013, 11:25 PM
Folks, there is a new forum software update available for NMS.
In the past i've used sponsor money to purchase the software and over the last 4 years i've paid for everything myself.

However, times are changing, so, i'm throwing it out there to all members and asking how would you feel to support NMS this time around, i hate to be seen to be asking for money and many will feel that the site should be free and that is perfectly fine by me.
We have the opportunity to revamp the front end of the software and make it more pleasing to the eye etc

We can also include to anyone who donates things like, extra capacity PM storage, larger picture and avatar pictures and hosting an exclusive area where only paid members can visit, we can also make the site private again so that only members can view it.
Also, we can see about getting a new logo (banner) etc etc

I've no idea where to pitch the fee at or if anyone wants to.
I'd just like to say that no one should feel any pressure to make any donation and this is not a call for any donation now.

The new software is around $240 US Dollars plus tax and if every one of the 51 members who logged in today paid that would only be $4 each, in fact, i'd be happy to make the first $25 donation

Note: The poll is private and no one can see the results of who posted

Robbo
1st April 2013, 11:41 PM
I'm happy to cross your palm with silver for the upgrade.

Rgds
Alan

Craig
1st April 2013, 11:43 PM
I'm happy to cross your palm with silver for the upgrade.

Rgds
Alan

Snap - I for one appreciate you looking after NMS financially for the last few years while there has been no financial sponsors. ;)

Burple
2nd April 2013, 02:14 PM
Snap - I for one appreciate you looking after NMS financially for the last few years while there has been no financial sponsors. ;)

Same here. Go for it! :thumbs up:

jonnie
2nd April 2013, 02:58 PM
I'd be happy to donate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

weefossy
2nd April 2013, 04:48 PM
I'm happy to chip in. Can't remember what I pay to get Mini World delivered, but I get a lot more enjoyment from NMS. Don't know if we need new software, but I will leave that to the experts. :rolleyes:

ELFMAN
2nd April 2013, 05:02 PM
I'll make a donation too - but I'm not really 'Paypalled-up' to do it directly - I was at one time, but it's been a long time since I've used it :frown: And Paypal...
Worst comes to the worst, I could maybe do a 'joint' double-donation with Malcolm if he's OK with that and settle my share with him over here? Over to you Malcolm!

Remember, if the new software makes the site go t*ts-up, I had nothing to do with it and thought it was a terrible idea :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
2nd April 2013, 06:59 PM
The Harper clan are more than happy to contribute.

weefossy
2nd April 2013, 09:45 PM
Euan, not a problem as I use paypal on a regular basis and I trust you. Nearer the time you can let me know how much.

Gismo
2nd April 2013, 10:17 PM
Folks, unlikely I'm gonna upgrade anytime soon, my latest site is not going well, too many bugs and not fully working

Thanks for the support

Duncan Stewart
3rd April 2013, 09:12 AM
Not donated to the site in ages so will do again next time I'm on my PC.

ELFMAN
3rd April 2013, 10:36 AM
Euan, not a problem as I use paypal on a regular basis and I trust you. Nearer the time you can let me know how much.

Cheers Malcolm (you fool!) I'll PM you later on when I get my brain in gear :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Folks, unlikely I'm gonna upgrade anytime soon, my latest site is not going well, too many bugs and not fully working. Thanks for the support

Just read this, so take it we're 'on hold'. Let us know when you're ready Alan.

ianking
3rd April 2013, 01:12 PM
If you need a paypal donation send me a P.M with the address its to go to.

Happy to donate as have logged onto NMS for years now.

Gismo
3rd April 2013, 02:31 PM
Just read this, so take it we're 'on hold'. Let us know when you're ready Alan.I trialled the new software on another site and it's way too buggy, in fact, it's am absolute disgrace that vBulletin have released it knowing that it's nowhere near ready for every day use.

So, the begging cap has been withdrawn for this particular software update, thanks to the folks who already donated, my intention is to return your money through PayPal, unless you're keen to let me keep the money, let me know, if you'd rather keep it private PM me :thumbs up:

However, the hosting package will require the annual subscriptions paid soon............................:Whistle: