PDA

View Full Version : Hello fae Turkey

GordoninTurkey
20th March 2013, 10:12 PM
Alright boys and girls...Glesga boy living and working in Turkey...was running a 320d M Sport for a couple of years but decided to sell and buy a 2009 fJCW in mint condition in red. Car has 5000 miles on it. Was bought as a strictly weekend only toy by the previous owner...he had to sell it luckily for me. Car has had a fair amount of cash thrown at it...modifications made are as follows:
Interior:
Alantara JCW steering wheel
Alcantara JCW gear shift
Carbon fibre JCW hand brake
Prosport water and boost gauges
Carbon fibre trim

Exterior:
Black scuttles
Carbon fibre everything(mirrors, roof spoiler, scoop, diffuser etc)
Alta stubby antenna
18" black JCW wheels

Performance Enhancements:
Sprintbooster(improves drive by wire throttle response...have to say I love this...big difference when switched on)
Custom Superchips Remap
Alta cold air intake kit
Alta hot side boost tube
Alta Intercooler
Alta 3" down pipe back exhaust
JCW front strut brace
Rear strut brace
Bilstein coil over suspension

The car can fairly shift...how do I throw up photos on this forum????

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot it has also got that mental LED gear change indicator...I really like that

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the dirt...it has been raining constantly here...had it out again today...cannae stop driving it!

Stewart
20th March 2013, 10:29 PM
Very nice enjoy the new Toy and Welcome to the site. If you need to ask is fecking Cold in Glasga!!!! Feel free to send over some of that sun and heat ;)

:welcome:

GordoninTurkey
20th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Cheers mate although not much in the way of heat and sun at the moment big chap....weather has been dire of late...at least the new motor is making up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Will get some much much better pics up after the rain stops

stoney
21st March 2013, 07:48 AM
:welcome: nice mini and some nice mods there

gauldrymini
21st March 2013, 09:15 AM
:bigwave: ...nice fJCW

...out of interest what do you guys eat in Turkey at Christmas time:Whistle:

MINI William
21st March 2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the site. Nice JCW

N16SHP
21st March 2013, 10:22 AM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side :D:thumbs up: Only joking, great looking JCW and great colour too, not that I am biased or anything...

Welcome to NMS!!

Gismo
21st March 2013, 10:49 AM

Craig
21st March 2013, 11:11 AM

Crombers
21st March 2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

Nice mowta btw :thumbs up:

weefossy
21st March 2013, 12:22 PM
Very nice and excellent mods.

Mini Ecosse
21st March 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi :welcome:

MINIme:)
21st March 2013, 08:15 PM
very nice! :welcome:

Duncan Stewart
21st March 2013, 08:43 PM
Welcome

GordoninTurkey
21st March 2013, 09:55 PM
Cheers guys for all the nice welcome comments. Nice wee community you have here. I ate a bridie for Xmas haha. This motor is a serious bit of kit by the way...just wondering though, what is the best mode to stick it in for eliminating torque steer? It pulls very very hard in 1st all the way to 4th...what are the best settings for traction control? Forgot to add it also has an HKS blow off valve...sounds absolutely mental hahaha.

AndyP & Lenore
21st March 2013, 11:17 PM

Awesome car, Very nice. :thumbs up:

Torque steer... not much you can do about that tbh. One of the disadvantages of a fairly powerful fwd car.

I'll be honest, I kinda like it. Keeps me on my toes, so to speak. :lol:

GordoninTurkey
22nd March 2013, 08:22 AM
Point the nose and prod the throttle is the order of the day hahahaha

gauldrymini
22nd March 2013, 09:18 AM
I ate a bridie for Xmas haha.

...nice:popcorn:

Mon the fish
22nd March 2013, 09:31 AM
Cheers guys for all the nice welcome comments. Nice wee community you have here. I ate a bridie for Xmas haha. This motor is a serious bit of kit by the way...just wondering though, what is the best mode to stick it in for eliminating torque steer? It pulls very very hard in 1st all the way to 4th...what are the best settings for traction control? Forgot to add it also has an HKS blow off valve...sounds absolutely mental hahaha.

Get your alignment checked, especially toe, and consider ditching the heavy 18s for some lighter 17s with stickier rubber

Colin
22nd March 2013, 01:41 PM

The Enrique's
24th March 2013, 12:09 PM

GordoninTurkey
25th March 2013, 08:47 PM
Cheers guys...I am getting used to the car now...the mid range pull in this thing is astonishing...big change from driving a 320d...wish I had found this car sooner...it is a joy to drive. The only thing that is driving me mental is the Prosport water gauge which is set to 210 but the car normally runs at 220which is very normal so I hear. The beeping alarm is driving me mental. i need to reset everytime I start the car up then it is fine but only way to fix it 100 percent is fiddling with wiring. Will get it rewired this week. The suspension is excellent. Much much better than the H&R springs I had on the 320d. Power is just incredible...I am getting much more used to the torque steer...the car knows how to be pointed in the right direction...stereo is much better than the BMW. I was expecting it to be crap. This car gets a lot of attention here where I am in Eskisehir. the local football team play in red and black and everybody in the city is football mental here. that combined with the sound from this thing. The sound is incredible.

RobSco
26th March 2013, 06:21 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up: