PDA

View Full Version : Which induction?

Borvad
15th March 2013, 12:00 AM
Looking to get a performance cat-back exhaust within the next 6 months, also would look for an induction/performance filter.

Had a K&N in my Focus.

Which is recommended form my '08 Cooper?

Thanks

Gismo
15th March 2013, 06:29 AM
Playmini is the preferred exhaust but check out Miltek

If you're looking for a power increase with the intake then don't be surprised to hear there are no significant gains to be had, so, if you want a better sound then fair enough, or just replace the filter with a K & N drop in one

stoney
15th March 2013, 08:16 AM
K & N or ITG are very good I have ITG in my jcw GP !!

Gismo
15th March 2013, 08:30 AM
K & N or ITG are very good I have ITG in my jcw GP !!He has a Cooper :thumbs up:

stoney
15th March 2013, 08:33 AM
He has a Cooper :thumbs up:

I know they still do the filter for them as well ;) I was just saying that's hat I had in mine ;)

Mon the fish
15th March 2013, 09:36 AM
If you want noise, go open filter.

If you want power (minimal), just replace the filter - not sure if a DaveF fits a Cooper?

lamdacore
15th March 2013, 11:23 AM
DaveF?

Usually I'd suggest K&N but ITG have been getting good reviews across most manufacturers - and I believe alot of racing mini's use ITG in their parts list - but to be fair, I don't know alot about car stuff, so this is just based on what I've read...

ELFMAN
15th March 2013, 01:54 PM
Looking to get a performance cat-back exhaust within the next 6 months, also would look for an induction/performance filter. Had a K&N in my Focus. Which is recommended form my '08 Cooper?
Thanks

Just don't get one which sooks in hot air from the engine compartment - then you'll get lots of noise and no power gain, maybe even a loss. I put a 'cone' filter (Pipercross?) on my '01 COOPER years ago and ended up taking it off as it lost power and was far too loud! Stuck the original airbox in with a better filter and it ran like a dream! In my R56, I have an ITG filter in my JCW Airbox.

My COOP was stock apart from a Magnex cat-back. These days, Playmini is probably the best one for sounds, but Milltek are very good too.

Borvad
15th March 2013, 09:01 PM
Should say at this moment I have the Pipercross panel filter at the moment too

Any links for these recommendations?

Borvad
31st March 2013, 02:22 PM
Would this be any good?

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/183191/mini/green-single-cone-induction-kits/gnp500.html