PDA

View Full Version : Techno Fear No. 5623.735.... and a bit.

ELFMAN
14th March 2013, 05:25 PM
For quite a while now I was able to nip onto NMS Forums for a quick look without having to log in (having, say, logged off previously and not done the 'remember me' thing), but now it seems every time I want to have a quick 'butchers', I'm having to log in. I know we had changed things so that 'non-members' could check out forums, which is cool - but why am I having to log in to do the same? I don't necessarily want to log in every time I check the forums, so am I doing something wrong, or has something changed? TA.

Craig
14th March 2013, 05:28 PM
Alan has stopped everyone seeing the forums, only forum members so I would think that if you want to see any content you would have to logon

Alan will confirm tho ;)

The Dogfather
14th March 2013, 05:43 PM
Has your browser been set to clear cookies?

Gismo
14th March 2013, 06:03 PM
Should be ok again, try it and let me know.

Been getting battered with spam registrations, i thought it was due to being open for non members, but, there was no significant decrease when closed to non members, the fight continues :lol:

MINIme:)
14th March 2013, 07:43 PM
I was about to say :clap::yes:

but I'll have to withdraw that thought!

I would think that having been open would mean it was in search engines whether it was still visible (in the short time you re-closed it) or went to a dead link if something found on google was clicked. I'm not in the slightest bit savvy about stuff like that though, but it was just a thought. f you ever looked at Who's online it was 80% internet spiders crawling into every corner of the forum, which I presume means things then show up in searches. Even though you closed it I'm thinking the internet search links were still there (just went to a 'not available' type page if clicked?) But I dunno. :idunno:

Stewart
14th March 2013, 09:01 PM
If you take this thread for instance as it’s a good one being so exact it does not show in Google, Bing, Yahooo.

MINIme:)
14th March 2013, 10:26 PM
The spiders haven't visited yet Stew.... :knife:

Stewart
14th March 2013, 11:13 PM
I take that back older threads like Robs picnic run comes up. But you'd have to be logged in to read right!

http://www.crimsondesigns.com/new-images/google-spider-tnail.gif

ELFMAN
14th March 2013, 11:14 PM
Cheers Alan, got in to 'browse' no probs this time.
Thanks for the feedback folks - wasn't sure if it was just me being daft! :unsure:

Gismo
15th March 2013, 06:32 AM
I take that back older threads like Robs picnic run comes up. But you'd have to be logged in to read right! Nope, you don't have to be logged in to view the forums as Elfman has mentioned