PDA

View Full Version : Question on Vinyl

Big Col
11th March 2013, 02:04 PM
Right folks. I got stripes whacked on my new car by the dealer and there is the odd bit of blistering etc on them. The blisters aren't horrendous, however, they are there. My question is how good can I expect the stripes to be? Should I be asking for them to whip them off and reapply (as I'm going to unless convinced otherwise) or is a certain amount of blistering always going to happen, hence, if they do it again might it come out worse (as was implied by the dealer)? :confused:

Gismo
11th March 2013, 02:29 PM
Certainly should not be blistered, but, you and they have a duty to get it fixed correctly, however, if they offer you a cash settlement take it :thumbs up:

I wouldn't have gotten them from the dealer, i always used our resident sponsor mini designs, perfect every time and satisfaction guaranteed

Big Col
11th March 2013, 02:32 PM
Well yeah I know that NOW GiZmo! ;)

Thanks for feedback guys.

Gismo
11th March 2013, 02:39 PM
ZI'm nae biting big fella

stoney
11th March 2013, 03:34 PM
Get them taken back as rest have said !!

DarnShiv
11th March 2013, 04:49 PM
Definitely take it back. We had the roof covered on ours and noticed issues with the edges lifting after 3 months. The supplier, without question or pushback, stripped and re fitted. Been perfect since. Also noticed a small corner of the check lifting on the bonnet almost 12 months after fitting, again sorted without issue, plus gave me some spares, just in case.

G17RDY
11th March 2013, 08:29 PM
No question, you paid a lot of money for the car, why shouldn't it be perfect and the way you want it?

LadyR
11th March 2013, 10:26 PM
Of course! Cheeky of the dealer to imply that it's something that you should tolerate too.

EcosseGP
12th March 2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah .. Take it back and get the stripes changed. They'll be reluctant to do it because of the cost. That's not your fault / worry that's there's !

I intend to live forever ... So far so good !

MINI William
12th March 2013, 11:29 AM
Get the car back they shouldn't be blistered.

N16SHP
12th March 2013, 11:39 AM
As others have said, get the car back. I bought bonnet stripes for Kirsten's Mini when Mini Pirate stopped trading for a £5er, though how hard can this be to get them on and if it goes wrong it was only a £5er. Well I had a total nightmare and ended up with one or two tiny tiny bubbles. Tried everything to fix them and nothing worked. After they were on the car for a few weeks they disappeared but that aside, if you get something from the dealer, you expect it to be perfect so get back there!

Big Col
12th March 2013, 11:43 AM
So, just to be clear, you all think I should just put up with the blisters? :D

N16SHP
12th March 2013, 11:45 AM
:ragin: :argh:

Big Col
12th March 2013, 11:54 AM
:D

Gismo
12th March 2013, 03:16 PM
Don't forget to T Cut it before as well :thumbs up: perhaps even a garage car wash too

G17RDY
12th March 2013, 06:23 PM
And don't forget to seal it, B&Q do a lovely range of Ronseal varnishes, best put on with the biggest roller you can find!

N16SHP
12th March 2013, 06:23 PM
Don't forget to T Cut it before as well :thumbs up: perhaps even a garage car wash too

Don't say that! I seen a 13 plate FJCW going through the car wash at Asda last night...I nearly cried!

Stewart
12th March 2013, 08:10 PM
Don't say that! I seen a 13 plate FJCW going through the car wash at Asda last night...I nearly cried!

:sad:

Gvinig your brand new MINI its first wash can be painful :argh::argh::argh::idunno:
http://kpopfever.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/kang_jiyoung_washing_her_mini_countryman_2.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
12th March 2013, 08:16 PM

Was. Not. Me. :sad:

T5LLC
12th March 2013, 08:22 PM
Was. Not. Me. :sad:

Certainly doesn't sound like anything you'd do lol

AndyP & Lenore
12th March 2013, 08:32 PM
Certainly doesn't sound like anything you'd do lol

:thumbs up::thumbs up::lol:

Big Col
12th March 2013, 08:42 PM
:off topic::off topic::off topic::off topic::off topic::off topic::off topic:

- - - Updated - - -

Only joking! :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
12th March 2013, 08:43 PM
Life is too short for worrying about a few scratches.

But if you're not happy with the state of the vinyl then take it back.