PDA

View Full Version : MINI Paceman Launch - Sat 16th March 2013

Craig
8th March 2013, 02:28 PM
All,

I'm going to pop along to our sponsor Peter Vardy MINI on Sat 16th To have a look at the new model. I'll be leaving Denny @13:00hrs to go thro and welcome anyone else to join me, or meet up for a natter when we get there.

Reply to thread if your going to pop along :thumbs up:

1. Craig & Jude
2. Joanna

MINIme:)
8th March 2013, 11:37 PM
yeah I'm going to try and come :thumbs up: just don't judge me when you see the state of my car. :thud:

Craig
8th March 2013, 11:50 PM
No judging ;) lol

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2013, 12:05 AM
Working. :(

But, I'm taking one out and putting it through it's paces two days later. Expect a full road report.:thumbs up:

Craig
9th March 2013, 10:02 AM
Working. :(

But, I'm taking one out and putting it through it's paces two days later. Expect a full road report.:thumbs up:

Shame you can't make it. :(

Looking forward to the road report ;)

DarnShiv
11th March 2013, 09:58 PM
Got a call from Harry Fairbairn tonight to see what time we want a test drive on Sat. 10 o'clock it is then;)

Craig
11th March 2013, 10:17 PM
Got a call from Harry Fairbairn tonight to see what time we want a test drive on Sat. 10 o'clock it is then;)

:thumbs up:

LadyR
11th March 2013, 10:20 PM
Got my letter through too, will be poking my nose into Calterdon to check them out in the flesh. Not booking a test drive though, that would be a recipe for disaster seeing as last time I was in for an mot I left with a new motor...

Craig
15th March 2013, 11:37 PM
Well - wee reminder that I'm going thro to Vardys tomorrow. Ill be there by 2pm ;)

See you there if you can make it to see the new model and a natter :thumbs up:

Robbo
16th March 2013, 09:49 AM
I'm going along to Parks in Hamilton this afternoon for a look, my mum is looking for a replacement for her 123d MSport coop.

N16SHP
16th March 2013, 11:01 AM
Seen my first Paceman on the road yesterday (think it was out for a quick shake down from JC's) and have to say on the road they look great. Going to pop my head in at JC's over the weekend to see it close up but first impressions are good!

16th March 2013, 11:41 AM
have forked out a fortune this week and so I am struggling to justify the petrol cost to go across Craig :sadangel: I also need to do a ton of work and put my house back together. Gutted, I'd have loved to come over. Need to hassle them actually that I'm not getting any notification of events. I need put on their mailing list.

LadyR
16th March 2013, 12:06 PM
So? What do you think?? I was pretty much in the NO camp, but have just been in for a coffee and a snoop in Inverness, I want one. Photos definitely don't do justice to the little things, it's not exactly 'mini' but in terms of a more practical vehicle, it's spot on for me. :)

Stewart
16th March 2013, 12:29 PM
Be interesting to see it on the road.

zimbo
16th March 2013, 01:24 PM
I just come back from having a nosey at my dealers and I really like it :thumbs up: their one is a White/Black SD in the showroom 2+2 seat configuration (all leather), no on the road demonstrator available just yet but I have to say I am impressed with the new Paceman, looks to me (being in a hatch) to have loads of bootspace too and it feels massive inside as well.

I also managed to get a road test of a JCW Countryman as well, and all I can say is Ohhhhh yesssssss :yes nod: :motoring:, really really nice. Just a shame it was snowing so I could not give it the beans so to speak but I am still very impressed the JCW CM.

DarnShiv
16th March 2013, 02:03 PM
Liked it. The one we saw was Lightning Blue with a white roof, Cooper S, leather etc. No demo in yet.

Craig
16th March 2013, 06:35 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/ymama7en.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/uva6ahet.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/ty9ubaba.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/ujy7a4y4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/ha3ezera.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/esavy5yv.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/y5uqatem.jpg

Robbo
16th March 2013, 07:10 PM
I really want one..

16th March 2013, 09:16 PM
cor i want a boot like that!! I am struggling with this one on a nearly daily basis now cos of the stuff I have to lug around. Maybe in a few years...!!

LadyR
17th March 2013, 12:20 PM
The boot is ace, my first plan was to jump in. Always good to know you can fit a body in the boot if need be. Still don't think the photos do it justice. Hoping to get a spin in it this week- I'd say its the car that would keep me from moving away from mini when I grow up and need a sensible car.

Craig
17th March 2013, 12:26 PM
Mrs D has already said she fancies one when Elmo needs replaced :thud: :lol:

zimbo
17th March 2013, 01:18 PM
Mrs D has already said she fancies one when Elmo needs replaced :thud: :lol:

:lol: go Jude :smilewinkgrin:

I hope she didn't say that within earshot of Elmo :hand:

Heres the one from my dealers :D

Then I had a little blast in this beastie :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
17th March 2013, 01:22 PM
The boot is ace, my first plan was to jump in. Always good to know you can fit a body in the boot if need be....

A prerequisite.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

17th March 2013, 02:20 PM
Always good to know you can fit a body in the boot if need be.
A very good point - there is always at least one person that falls into the 'potential victim' category ;)

ELFMAN
17th March 2013, 03:37 PM
Not dissing the new stuff, but it's funny how things change - we used to buy MINIs DESPITE the boot size - that's not what they were about.
Now the boot is a selling point... Hmmm :idunno:

MINI William
17th March 2013, 03:38 PM
We went to Harry Fairbairn yesterday to look at the Paceman. Don't like the look of the car at the back. Like the new interior of the Countryman/Paceman but that's about it

Gismo
17th March 2013, 04:01 PM
Not dissing the new stuff, but it's funny how things change - we used to buy MINIs DESPITE the boot size - that's not what they were about.
Now the boot is a selling point... Hmmm :idunno:I'm with you on this, Mini isn't about boot space and in fact, if a mini has any kind of a boot it isn't a mini :Whistle:

Craig
17th March 2013, 04:43 PM
I'm with you on this, Mini isn't about boot space and in fact, if a mini has any kind of a boot it isn't a mini :Whistle:

You mean like your countryman ?!?!? :lol:

Gismo
17th March 2013, 05:02 PM
You mean like your countryman ?!?!? :lol:I didn't get it because of it's boot space :moonie:

ELFMAN
17th March 2013, 05:25 PM
As I said, not an 'Anti' comment re. the 'big' cars, just a reflection on where the marque is now, compared to when it began.

BTW Alan, Re 'Booted' Minis: I give you the Riley ELF (no better name!) and the Wolseley Hornet!

I've just worked out how to make the pictures BIGGER! :whoohoo:

N16SHP
17th March 2013, 05:55 PM

I didn't get it because of it's boot space :moonie:

We bought our Countryman for the boot space :thumbs up: but kept my Cooper S to still have a toy to go for the odd hoon in!

I remember when I first bought my S and I thought, the boot isn't that small...until the day I picked it up, put my rucksack in the boot which near enough filled it and thought hmmmmm, it is small then! :D

ELFMAN
17th March 2013, 08:42 PM
I think MINI boot size is inversely proportional to 'B-road Fun Factor'! :smilewinkgrin: (runs away in fear of life & limb...)

DarnShiv
17th March 2013, 10:16 PM
We went to Harry Fairbairn yesterday to look at the Paceman. Don't like the look of the car at the back. Like the new interior of the Countryman/Paceman but that's about it

You should have given us a shout and come in for coffee. We live less that 2 miles from their.

17th March 2013, 11:17 PM
we used to buy MINIs DESPITE the boot size - that's not what they were about.

I'm with you on this, Mini isn't about boot space and in fact, if a mini has any kind of a boot it isn't a mini :Whistle:

And I bought both of my minis despite the boot space - however my life has changed and I now require to have the seats down regularly due to too small a boot. Not all of us have the luxury of more than one car in the household.

Big Col
18th March 2013, 06:48 AM
Well. Not looking to stick my head into the lions mouth but I think having more than one car, irrespective of the sacrifices made to get the second, is a luxurious position to be in. Not dissin anyone for it, as I'd be dissing myself since I have 2. Just sayin' is all. :angel:

Back on topic I do like the Paceman and pondered holding off getting the countryman for one but decided I'd rather have the 5 doors.

Mon the fish
18th March 2013, 07:43 AM
It's pretty simple. If a Fiesta isn't big enough for you, you buy a Focus/Mondingo. Ford don't make the Fiesta bigger to suit (well they do a bit...)

Ferrari don't make diesel saloons because people want more space & economy.

Mini should mean small. The clue is in the name, Mini! If a Mini is too small for someone, fair enough. Go buy something else.

Stop making fat Mini's BMW!!!

Big Col
18th March 2013, 08:01 AM
I always think of MINI as more of akin to the brand Ford, to use Mon's example, than the model Fiesta. When looked at in that way then MINI are doing exactly the same as Ford with their Ka, Fiesta, Focus and Mondeo.

I also think "Go buy something else" is what MINI would rather people didn't do.:D

LadyR
18th March 2013, 09:49 AM
The fact is that the car's been made, and certain people are going to buy it and I hope they have a damn good chuckle at the disapproving glares the mini purists give them :D
happy motoring chaps, think I'll be giving the forum a miss for a while, finding the bickering pretty tedious...

Gismo
18th March 2013, 09:52 AM
happy motoring chaps, think I'll be giving the forum a miss for a while, finding the bickering pretty tedious...:idunno:

Big Col
18th March 2013, 10:30 AM
finding the bickering pretty tedious... :blush: Quite right. Sorry. Shoulda had my Monday coffee before coming on here. :blush:

zimbo
18th March 2013, 11:14 AM
It doesn't matter which car make or model comes out by which ever manufacturers out in the world, there are always gonna be haters :yes nod:
I just don't let it bother me :hand:, any bickering etc just ignore it and dont get involved and just move onto the next item :thumbs up:

The day I see a thread or article where EVERYONE likes the same new car/item etc etc is the day I eat my hat (if I had one :smilewinkgrin:)

Everyone has a right to their own opinion be it positive or negative

ELFMAN
18th March 2013, 01:24 PM
The fact is that the car's been made, and certain people are going to buy it and I hope they have a damn good chuckle at the disapproving glares the mini purists give them :D
happy motoring chaps, think I'll be giving the forum a miss for a while, finding the bickering pretty tedious...

:off topic: I've taken a 'sabbatical' from the site in the past when things got too 'heavy', but I think this thread's actually pretty mild.

There's a difference between 'bickering' and responding to a post with which you don't agree. A forum is, according to the dictionary, a 'place for public discussion', so there are going to be differing opinions on any number of topics. However, if we don't post our genuine opinions for the sake of perpetuating a false sense of 'togetherness', that defeats the purpose of the forum - it just becomes patronising and pointless and really tedious. I try to give my honest opinion, as I expect others to do - we might not agree, but at least we know where we stand and can hopefully get along on that basis.

Labeling some NMS folks "MINI Purists", like some kind of 'Automotive Luddites' because they believe that the 'older' cars are essentially more true to the original 'MINI' ethos than some of the latest models is tarring everyone with a pretty simplistic brush. I certainly don't 'hate' the Countryman or indeed the Paceman, and there are some fine examples of both out there and on NMS, but I'm being honest when I say that I personally don't think they look as good or go as well as the Hatch - they don't do 'MINI' in the way I originally bought into, but I'm not disrespecting those who love them and I certainly don't glare at them! I'm into iTunes etc, and there are many great points about 'going digital' but they'll never replace the thrill of saving up and going into the record shop (remember them?) to buy your fave group's latest release. So new is fine, it's different and usually a whole lot more user-friendly, but you don't have to pretend you think it's as good or better than what YOU prefer. There's room for everything on NMS, including diverse opinions - within acceptable limits of course - ie no personal insults etc, but it's up to 'posters' to keep everything in proportion and if things get out of hand, the Mods can 'blow the whistle' and step in. Then we can all get together and slag THEM off! :smilewinkgrin:

Mon the fish
18th March 2013, 03:08 PM
Stating an opinion does not equal bickering

18th March 2013, 10:44 PM
you guys totally entirely misunderstood the intention of my comment. Which meant "I live on my own, I only have one vehicle in the household." That was the entirety of what it meant. I would love to have access to a bigger car as well as the mini. It would be damn helpful with the stuff I've been carting about recently, but I don't. I wasn't slating anyone AT ALL. I would never EVER indicate that anyone didn't work damn hard for their cars or that anyone didn't deserve what they had. I wouldn't dream of being so misinformed, judgemental or rude. I know how hard I worked for mine and I know that the majority of people are the same. The fact that two cars would be a luxury to me is relative to my position, not to anyone else's. Have as many cars as you like - you deserve them!

Scottie
18th March 2013, 11:07 PM
I'd by the Paceman think it's a cracking looking Mini. Don't care what folks think as long as I like it. Heck I fancy a Peugeot 3008 just love the interior of that motor.

Big Col
19th March 2013, 07:56 AM
I would never EVER indicate that anyone didn't work damn hard for their cars

Whoa! Steady. Don't let Giz fool you. He does hee haw. He just manages to look good doing it. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
19th March 2013, 08:13 AM

There's me thinking these are discussion forums, might as well shut them down if we are all going to agree or toe the party line.

Personally MINI should be small cars, small hatch, small 4x4 whatever. No to 5 door variants, the clubman should have only had 2 main doors but you can 'almost' over look the clubdoor because it was useless.

Mon the fish
19th March 2013, 08:19 AM
^^ it's actually very useful for tripping up the unwary on the drivers seatbelt, there's something satisfying about backseat passengers head hitting the seat base

Gismo
19th March 2013, 08:22 AM
Whoa! Steady. Don't let Giz fool you. He does hee haw. He just manages to look good doing it. :thumbs up:Don't forget the cinema i have tucked up my sleeve for making those extra millions :Whistle:

weefossy
19th March 2013, 10:35 AM
Don't knock the clubdoor or "Princess" door as we call it. It is great for getting the grandaughters in and out of their car seats.

gauldrymini
19th March 2013, 12:51 PM
Re. post#52 - OYF, Inflammatory Comment Alert!!!:wtf:

(...just jesting:hand:)

Gismo
19th March 2013, 12:52 PM
Re. post#52 - OYF, Inflammatory Comment Alert!!!:wtf:

(...just jesting:hand:)Ssh, i've gotten away with it so far :lol:

19th March 2013, 11:28 PM
isn't the clubdoor on the 'wrong' side of the car for GB? I think? Designed for other places, where your wee princess gets to climb out onto a pavement instead of stepping out in front of a car! I still like the clubdoor though, it's got a bit of 'something I can't quite put my finger on' x factor about it for me. A wee quirkiness ;)

Crombers
20th March 2013, 01:24 AM
Don't forget the cinema i have tucked up my sleeve for making those extra millions :Whistle:

Ooft !!!! ....... permarage ahead .......... :rolleyes::Whistle::kiss:

Mon the fish
20th March 2013, 09:07 AM
isn't the clubdoor on the 'wrong' side of the car for GB? I think? Designed for other places, where your wee princess gets to climb out onto a pavement instead of stepping out in front of a car! I still like the clubdoor though, it's got a bit of 'something I can't quite put my finger on' x factor about it for me. A wee quirkiness ;)

It is. The excuse from BMW was that they couldn't put the door where it should be due to the fuel filler neck. But the general suspicion is that it was to suit foreign markets

ELFMAN
20th March 2013, 10:35 AM

Jo, one of my pals, whenever I mention the Clubbie, delights in telling me in telling me (every single bloody time) that the Clubdoor (sounds as if it should have a bouncer attached) is on the wrong side for the UK (which of course it is, unless you prefer to release your tiny royalty/passengers into traffic - depends on the princess and the passenger I suppose...), thus proving that MINI snubbed the British buyer in favour of lucrative overseas markets. MINI chasing the mighty $$$? Surely not... :Whistle:

Sorry about my (over) reliance on Brackets (in this post) (:smilewinkgrin:).

- - - Updated - - -

^^ it's actually very useful for tripping up the unwary on the drivers seatbelt, there's something satisfying about backseat passengers head hitting the seat base

I caught my foot in the seatbelt in the showroom getting out of a Clubbie not long after it was launched :ragin:Felt like a right t*t :blush:

I remember commenting that it seemed strange to pass such an obvious 'hazard' as OK for public consumption. So you not only get out into traffic, you're sent sprawling right in front of it. They should have renamed it the 'Suicide Door' with a Special Edition, the "Clubman Dignitas".