PDA

View Full Version : Movie MINI Meats! Sunday 26th May 2013

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 08:02 PM
Who's up for one of our LEGENDARY Movie MINI Meats runs?

Exact details to be confirmed but basic details are:

Sunday 26th May 2013. Meet in Galashiels in the morning at 10am. Then we'll do half of the "Heart Of The Borders" run, lunch at Quins Restaurant, then head into the cinema for the matinee performance of Fast & Furious 6. The film is rated 12A so if any of you have kids, they will be welcome and able to view the film.

Because it's a public performance, we can't admit you all for free. Sorry. We have to account for all the bodies in the hall and can be audited and checked.

However, there's nothing to stop us heavily discounting entry for a group like this, so we're happy to admit everyone for CHILD UNDER 3 price. So, you'll need £3.50 IF you want to watch the movie. Bear in mind, the movie is optional. After the film (or after lunch if you don't want to do the movie) the day is over and you can all head off.

----------Update Monday 20th May----------
Final plans now in place.

Meet in Tesco's car park Galashiels at 10am for a 10.30am departure.

We'll do the morning half of the Heart Of The Borders Run. Then park up in front of the cinema or in Tesco's staff car park behind the cinema. Lunch in local restaurant Quins. Then the movie "Fast & Furious 6" at 1.50pm.

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE. (http://pavilioncinema.co.uk/external/andrew/mini_movie_run_may_2013.pdf)

For those on the list as attending, I have assumed you are also lunching with us. So I can give the restaurant as accurate as possible numbers, if you are NOT dining with us, please let me know ASAP.

Restaurant web site is here: http://www.quinsofgalashiels.co.uk/index.html They seem to have just launched a new web site and I can't find their menu's. But trust me, the food is excellent, Lenore and I eat there often, we've known the owner, Sylvia, for 25 years and we've used Quins for a few MINI runs in the past.:thumbs up:

Looking forward to this.:thumbs up:

Runners:

1. AndyP & Lenore
2. William
3. Brian & Christina
4. Greig & Kim
5. Craig & Jude
6. David & Fiona
7. Rob & Christine
8. Neil & Lorna
9. Brooner1
10. ?

Mini Ecosse
26th February 2013, 08:05 PM
Sorry on holiday:sad:

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 08:08 PM
Sorry on holiday:sad:

When are you NOT on holiday these days? :moonie: :D

MINI William
26th February 2013, 08:31 PM
We're in Andy. These are fantastic runs. Think the last one was the Italian Job

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 08:35 PM
We're in Andy. These are fantastic runs. Think the last one was the Italian Job

Cool. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Is this the extended Harper Clan; Yourself, Mum, Dad and (the one-day-maybe-to-be-Harper; Miss Kirkwood)?:p

MINI William
26th February 2013, 08:42 PM
Cool. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Is this the extended Harper Clan; Yourself, Mum, Dad and (the one-day-maybe-to-be-Harper; Miss Kirkwood)?:p

Yes all 4 of us :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 08:43 PM
Yes all 4 of us :smilewinkgrin:

Sorted. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
26th February 2013, 08:45 PM
When are you NOT on holiday these days? :moonie: :D

LOL, Isle of Lewis this time :thumbs up:

GreigJCW
26th February 2013, 09:18 PM
stick us down please andy :)

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 09:20 PM

Will do.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

MINI William
26th February 2013, 09:24 PM
Finally something you aren't offshore for

GreigJCW
26th February 2013, 09:31 PM
Finally something you aren't offshore for
I know its awesome lol

My 40th that week too :)

Neil - TXJ
26th February 2013, 09:45 PM
Can you put me down but will need to confirm nearer the time.

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 09:54 PM
Can you put me down but will need to confirm nearer the time.

Nope. You're not welcome to any of my runs. "Support" indeed. :moonie::moonie: :lol:

john
26th February 2013, 10:20 PM
I'm Miniless :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 10:23 PM
I'm Miniless :sad:

You can bring any car you like, John. Doesn't have to be a MINI.

john
26th February 2013, 10:24 PM
Well I will need to start saving, TR only gets 10-12 MPG :(

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 10:32 PM
Well I will need to start saving, TR only gets 10-12 MPG :(

Ouch. :frown:

It's no problem though, if you feel you're rich enough nearer the time just stick your name down.:thumbs up:

stoney
26th February 2013, 10:55 PM
Aye :)

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 11:10 PM
Aye :)

K.

d.oxley72
26th February 2013, 11:58 PM
Sounds fun, but I plan to do the Thistle Run on that day, sorry .

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2013, 12:07 AM
Sounds fun, but I plan to do the Thistle Run on that day, sorry .

Aw SNAP! :frown::frown::frown:

Do you know what the start/end is for the Thistle Run this year?

Edit: Just saw your thread about the Thistle Run.

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2013, 12:25 AM
OK Folks, a wee spanner in the works. My original planned date for this run is the same date as the Mini Clan's Thistle Run. The past few Thistle Run's have not generated a great turn out from NMS members - not that there is anything wrong with the Clan's Run.

This year's Thistle Run goes from East Kilbride to Troon.

There's already enough foll signed up to this run to make it worth while. But I don't want to cause you a dilemma. So, those who have already signed up, can you say if you would prefer to do the Thistle Run rather than this run. If the majority would prefer to do the Thistle Run, I'll reschedule this run.

Let me know all your thoughts.

MINIme:)
27th February 2013, 12:27 AM
mibbbae aye

MINI William
27th February 2013, 08:06 AM
Movie run for us Andy

stoney
27th February 2013, 08:09 AM
Movie would be fine for me :)

Craig
27th February 2013, 09:10 AM
Not been to the thistle run since 2008 and don't see me hurrying back anytime soon....

Movie Run for us :thumbs up:

ianking
27th February 2013, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a great run Andy and local to me too but Im planning on having my classic on the road in time for the Thistle Run, otherwise I would have come.

I would still love for you to show the proper original Italian Job at the cinema one day.

ELFMAN
27th February 2013, 12:04 PM
Could you put me down as a 'maybe' Andy (need to check dates for various things), but I'm not queueing for friggin' DOUGHNUTS!

Mon the fish
27th February 2013, 02:21 PM
Just for info - that's the Edinburgh marathon day, so a wee heads-up for traffic etc.

And you'll all be there at the finish in Musselburgh to cheer me on, won't you.......?

Neil - TXJ
27th February 2013, 02:34 PM
Movie run for me, if I am welcome 😜

d.oxley72
27th February 2013, 05:32 PM
Aw SNAP! :frown::frown::frown:

Do you know what the start/end is for the Thistle Run this year?

Edit: Just saw your thread about the Thistle Run.

According to the Mini Clan, the run starts at Calderglen Country Park near East Kilbride and head out to Troon.

I would like to do both, but if the majority of folk are just interested in the Movie Run then I understand. Hope you all have a fun time while I pootle along to (hopefully sunny) Troon. :cool:

Duncan Stewart
27th February 2013, 07:49 PM
Would like to come but were away that weekend, missing the thistle run too! Have a great run

bodyshop23
27th February 2013, 10:16 PM
Movie run for me please.
Martin plus one(James aka Harrythedog)
Thanks

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2013, 11:11 PM
Plenty enough folk happy to do this run over the Thistle Run, so we'll make this a deffo.

I know a few of folks are "mebbies" but nearer the time, I'll probably get folk to re-confirm anyway. Especially if there's a lunch option to commit to.

brooner1
11th March 2013, 11:35 PM
Are newbies allowed?

AndyP & Lenore
11th March 2013, 11:58 PM
Are newbies allowed?

Absolutely. Good to have you on board. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2013, 12:18 PM
A wee update to this run...

We are planning to meet in Galashiels in the morning - exact time TBC, then we'll do half of the "Heart Of The Borders" run, lunch at a local eatery - still TBC, then head into the cinema for the matinee performance of Fast & Furious 6. The film is rated 12A so if any of you have kids, they will be welcome and able to view the film.

Because it's a public performance, we can't admit you all for free. Sorry. We have to account for all the bodies in the hall and can be audited and checked.

However, there's nothing to stop us heavily discounting entry for a group like this, so we're happy to admit everyone for CHILD UNDER 3 price. So, you'll need £3.50 IF you want to watch the movie. Bear in mind, the movie is optional. After the film (or after lunch if you don't want to do the movie) the day is over and you can all head off.

For those who are on the list as attending, could you please let me know if you now CAN'T attend, so I can get an idea for lunch numbers.

More details this weekend.

MINI William
13th May 2013, 12:25 PM
A wee update to this run...

We are planning to meet in Galashiels in the morning - exact time TBC, then we'll do half of the "Heart Of The Borders" run, lunch at a local eatery - still TBC, then head into the cinema for the matinee performance of Fast & Furious 6. The film is rated 12A so if any of you have kids, they will be welcome and able to view the film.

For those who are on the list as attending, could you please let me know if you now CAN'T attend, so I can get an idea for lunch numbers.

More details this weekend.

Andy we will be there. Megan won't as shes working.

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2013, 09:38 PM
Andy we will be there. Megan won't as shes working.

No bother. Thanks for the update. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
13th May 2013, 09:44 PM
Just found out my parents are visiting that weekend so won't be able to make it.

Sorry but sure I will see you at the cinema soon.

Neil.

AndyP & Lenore
13th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Just found out my parents are visiting that weekend so won't be able to make it.

Sorry but sure I will see you at the cinema soon.

Neil.

No bother mate. Thanks for letting me know.

D3 JDA
19th May 2013, 10:49 PM
Hi there put Fiona and myself down for this one 2 please:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
19th May 2013, 10:52 PM
Hi there put Fiona and myself down for this one 2 please:thumbs up:

Done. :thumbs up: Good to have you along.:thumbs up:

ELFMAN
20th May 2013, 12:19 AM
Andy, I was down as a 'maybe', but I'm not going to make it I'm afraid. I knew there was something at the back of my mind, and I just remembered this afternoon that I'd promised to go to 'Volksfling' in Biggar with my pal Bill and his wife. Forgot all about it, but they've confirmed tonight it's def next weekend.

Apologies for my senility and for sleeping with the enemy, but I'm sure you'll all have a great day and an enjoyable time 'at the movies'.

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2013, 06:19 PM
No bother Ewan, thanks for letting me know.

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2013, 06:53 PM
Final plans now in place.

Meet in Tesco's car park Galashiels at 10am for a 10.30am departure.

We'll do the morning half of the Heart Of The Borders Run. Then park up in front of the cinema or in Tesco's staff car park behind the cinema. Lunch in local restaurant Quins. Then the movie "Fast & Furious 6" at 1.50pm.

DOWNLOAD RUN NOTES HERE. (http://pavilioncinema.co.uk/external/andrew/mini_movie_run_may_2013.pdf)

For those on the list as attending, I have assumed you are also lunching with us. So I can give the restaurant as accurate as possible numbers, if you are NOT dining with us, please let me know ASAP.

Restaurant web site is here: http://www.quinsofgalashiels.co.uk/index.html They seem to have just launched a new web site and I can't find their menu's. But trust me, the food is excellent, Lenore and I eat there often, we've known the owner, Sylvia, for 25 years and we've used Quins for a few MINI runs in the past.:thumbs up:

MINI William
20th May 2013, 07:01 PM
Craig are you doing a run down or do you want me to organise? Don't want to step on toes

Ive got a free seat on Sunday, if someone wants to sit in with me.

stoney
20th May 2013, 07:07 PM
Christine will be with me as well Andy :D

AndyP & Lenore
20th May 2013, 07:24 PM
Christine will be with me as well Andy :D

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

rosslamb
20th May 2013, 08:28 PM
Would loved to have done this and met you all. But I will also be in the borders route checking for this years Jim Clark. Have a good day all and no one spoil the ending of the film :P

Craig
20th May 2013, 09:14 PM
Craig are you doing a run down or do you want me to organise? Don't want to step on toes

Ive got a free seat on Sunday, if someone wants to sit in with me.

You crash in mate - no toe stepping ;)

Ill meet at Hermiston if that's an option ;)

MINI William
20th May 2013, 09:37 PM
You crash in mate - no toe stepping ;)

Ill meet at Hermiston if that's an option ;)

I was going to suggest either Tesco at Eskbank or Dobbies.

Craig
20th May 2013, 09:38 PM
Sounds fine to me sir ;)

MINI William
21st May 2013, 09:53 AM
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?24272-Convoy-to-Movie-Meet-26-5-13&p=304913#post304913

Convoy thread

ELFMAN
21st May 2013, 02:22 PM
No bother Ewan, thanks for letting me know.

Cheers Andy, I really do seem to have lost the plot with what I'm doing and when these days (check the 'Wheels & Wings thread'...)
It's also Sod's Law that everything I want to do is happening at the same bloody time as other stuff I want to do... :argh: :thud:

bodyshop23
23rd May 2013, 08:25 AM
Sorry wont be able to make this as going to Oulton Park with the mini cooper cup racing on Saturday and traveling back Sunday.

Craig
23rd May 2013, 09:24 AM
Forecast looks tremendous for Sunday ;)

AndyP & Lenore
23rd May 2013, 12:25 PM
Sorry wont be able to make this as going to Oulton Park with the mini cooper cup racing on Saturday and traveling back Sunday.

No bother, thanks for letting me know. Have a good time at Oulton Park. :)

Craig
24th May 2013, 07:20 PM
Sooo looking forward to a drive with my MINI friends, a nice meal and F & F 6 ;). Can't wait !! :thumbs up:

Anyone else fancy it?

AndyP & Lenore
24th May 2013, 07:32 PM
Sooo looking forward to a drive with my MINI friends, a nice meal and F & F 6 ;). Can't wait !! :thumbs up:

Anyone else fancy it?

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::motoring::motoring::mclaren::mclaren:

GreigJCW
24th May 2013, 07:38 PM
Can't wait should be some sweet cars to see plus great company.

MINI William
25th May 2013, 08:36 PM
Cars washed and dried. See yous in the morning

Neil - TXJ
25th May 2013, 09:21 PM
Have a good trip guys. Sorry cant be there :(

Stewart
25th May 2013, 10:22 PM
No throwing food now at the Cinema ;) Have a good one!

Craig
25th May 2013, 10:57 PM
Cheers Neil and Stew ;)

Gonna be a blast :thumbs up:

d.oxley72
25th May 2013, 11:08 PM
Have a good day folks.

AndyP & Lenore
25th May 2013, 11:14 PM
Can't wait should be some sweet cars to see plus great company.

:thumbs up:

Cars washed and dried. See yous in the morning

Have a good trip guys. Sorry cant be there :(

No throwing food now at the Cinema ;) Have a good one!

Have a good day folks.

stoney
26th May 2013, 06:53 AM
car still dirty but a quick et wash on are way over and will be fine see you all soon :thumbs up::yes nod:

Craig
26th May 2013, 08:08 AM
All ready to go ! ;). See you all soon :thumbs up:

Crombers
26th May 2013, 08:50 AM
Have fun y'all :cool:

john
26th May 2013, 09:23 AM
Enjoy yourselves, I miss goin on mini runs but that has to change soon.

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2013, 09:56 AM
Enjoy yourselves, I miss goin on mini runs but that has to change soon.

Sounds like a plan!!:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2013, 08:06 PM
Great run today folks. Many thanks to everyone who came and made it a great day. Hope you all enjoyed the run and the movie.

Also a special thanks to everyone who sponsored Lenore in her Zumbathon next weekend. Lavender Touch is a very worthwhile charity and Lenore loves to Zumba, so it's a win win situation for her.

Some piccies...

http://tili.co.uk/miniruns/movie-mini-meets-may-2013-01.JPG

http://tili.co.uk/miniruns/movie-mini-meets-may-2013-02.JPG

http://tili.co.uk/miniruns/movie-mini-meets-may-2013-03.JPG

http://tili.co.uk/miniruns/movie-mini-meets-may-2013-04.JPG

26th May 2013, 09:06 PM
glad to hear you had a good one! I was trying(partial success) to work. And breaking bits of house. :frown:

onwards and upwards! :chicken: How was the film?

badwolf340
26th May 2013, 09:06 PM
big thanks to Andy and Lenore for the movies fast and daft 6 was a good movie,good food,good run and as usual good peeps

RobSco
26th May 2013, 09:25 PM
Glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves... :thumbs up: ...Nice BIG photos Andy... :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
26th May 2013, 09:34 PM
Glad to see you all enjoyed yourselves... :thumbs up: ...Nice BIG photos Andy... :yes nod:

Aye, I think I may have broken the site rules on these pics. Will need to fix them. :frown:

stoney
26th May 2013, 10:30 PM
huge thanks to Andy and Lenore had a really good day enjoyed the film as well :thumbs up::cool:

also a big thanks to Brian and William for the help removing the last bits and bobs off the GP after it's last NMS run :sad:

loved seeing all the different cars the day Greg you cubbie sound FAB !!! the pops and bangs were fantastic for a standard car :thumbs up: and following the GP2's was good fun as well they sound good as well :smilewinkgrin: my GP sounds so quiet with all my bits off :shut up:

thanks again stoney

MINI William
26th May 2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks to Andy and Lenore for today. Great roads, great people and great food. F&F6 was good roll on bed years run for F&F 7 :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
26th May 2013, 11:25 PM
Great day put with the usual suspects and new boy (brooner1)

Looks like everyone had a great day out. Fab film and looking forward to the next one ;)

27th May 2013, 12:39 AM
good that you got a last blast and decent send off for S7OONY :thumbs up: looking forward to meeting the replacement!

Colin
27th May 2013, 08:29 AM
Looks like you had a good day for it!

stoney
27th May 2013, 08:36 AM
good that you got a last blast and decent send off for S7OONY :thumbs up: looking forward to meeting the replacement!

S700ONY will be back just not on GP0668 ;)

ELFMAN
27th May 2013, 04:25 PM
Glad you had a good one folks. Sorry I couldn't make it, see some of you on Stoney's Picnic Run though! Who knows what he'll be driving...?

27th May 2013, 11:41 PM
S700ONY will be back just not on GP0668 ;)
thought it looked wrong the way I wrote it - not enough 0's!
good stuff :yes nod:

ELFMAN
28th May 2013, 12:43 PM
not enough 0's!

Sounds like a really bad 'Snoop Dogg' video... (debatable whether there are any 'good' Snoop Dogg videos).

GreigJCW
28th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Loved the run and it was fantastic catching up with all you Nms peeps.

AndyP & Lenore
28th May 2013, 11:23 PM
Loved the run and it was fantastic catching up with all you Nms peeps.

D3 JDA
30th May 2013, 09:54 PM
Thanks to andy and lenore for a good day and the movie was great

AndyP & Lenore
30th May 2013, 09:59 PM
Thanks to andy and lenore for a good day and the movie was great