PDA

View Full Version : Support

Neil - TXJ
24th February 2013, 08:35 PM
I am not sure if we are all aware but one of our community needs our support. It's a relatively delicate matter so I don't want to disclose their name.

It is now several weeks since Krispy Kreme opened in Edinburgh but one of our members has still not been able to purchase any donuts from the new store.

I am aware that they have tried at least four times and I am concerned there may have been many other unsuccessful attempts.

I am worried about the long term effects this may be having on our friend and would ask that we all think about them during this difficult time.

We are thinking of you.

Craig
24th February 2013, 08:40 PM
PMSL Neil :lol:

Maybe he'll be lucky tomorrow ..... ;). If I'm honest, I wasn't overly impressed by the donuts I had, they were pretty much the same as those you get out of Sainsburys .. :idunno:

Stewart
24th February 2013, 08:55 PM
Obviously in trying times like these we can rally round to offer our support!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/485238_10200105340415058_1517805791_n.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Tt6c2mNHjzw/TG_HdimsOyI/AAAAAAAAAHA/orqajGcYdHo/s1600/krispy-kreme-doughnut-flavors-for-phoenix.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3YHPRZVXhQY/TsQUVXYHPTI/AAAAAAAABds/FYBuZXPVs80/s1600/doughnuts_20110921.jpg
Glazed devils food cake???? Oh balls now I’m interested! :argh::argh:

Craig
24th February 2013, 09:21 PM

Much better ;)

Stewart
24th February 2013, 09:34 PM
Craig no harm to Morrison’s or Sainbury's finest and I’m sure they are great but they sure don’t have variety of tastes going by the pic’s above. The prices quoted are not O.T.T :thumbs up:

- A single Original Glazed doughnut costs £1.10 and a single filled doughnut costs £1.35
- An Original Dozen costs £7.45 and an Assorted Dozen costs £8.95
- A Double Dozen deal costs £13.95

The Dogfather
24th February 2013, 10:37 PM
I'm with Craig

I bought 4 iced doughnuts from Tescos for £1.60 couldn't tell any difference between them and KKs.

As for variety, they're all so bloody sweet all you can taste is the sugar. Perhaps you can feel differences in the way that each flavour hardens your arteries though?

d.oxley72
25th February 2013, 12:06 AM
Greggs do a mean bag of doughnuts, but Tesco's packs of choccy and blueberry muffins are perfect for a nightshift energy boost.

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2013, 12:58 AM
Aye, youse can all go and get stuffed. :moonie::moonie:

Especially Trigger for starting the thread and Stewart for posting their menu up. :frown:

Hopefully I'll get my fix tomorrow and I'll be put out my misery. :thumbs up:

And as for those who think a Tesco doughnut is as good as a Krispy Kreme.... You're the ones needing support, poor delusional KK haters.

(Have to admit, bent double with laughter when I saw this thread). :lol: :lol:

Gismo
25th February 2013, 03:29 AM
Class :lol:

stoney
25th February 2013, 08:05 AM
We passed it on sat night it was crazy cars queuing right down to the roundabout nuts :lol:

Mon the fish
25th February 2013, 10:14 AM
And this is why, as a country, we have an obesity problem - people queueing up to buy donuts!?

I could see the point for bacon butties however

Gismo
25th February 2013, 10:17 AM
I've got more chance of getting to my KK before you Andy and i'm not home for another 3 weeks yet :lol:

stoney
25th February 2013, 01:29 PM
I have a BOX on the way won't be long and no queuing :lol:

stoney
25th February 2013, 02:00 PM

They are very nice ;)

Craig
25th February 2013, 02:06 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Donuts ! (Homer Stylee) :lol:

ELFMAN
25th February 2013, 02:17 PM
I'd honestly rather have a Fish Supper! :drools:

Apart from the undoubtedly monumental sugar content, "Krispy Kreme" sets my teeth on edge on its own. Using K's instead of C's - AAAAAAAARRRGH! :ragin:
Apparently it's a very popular stop in the Southern States on "KKK" outings!

MINI William
25th February 2013, 02:18 PM
A group of us were going to go to KK last Tuesday. We got there and turned around the queue was manic with cars abandoned everywhere

ELFMAN
25th February 2013, 02:28 PM
A group of us were going to go to KK last Tuesday. We got there and turned around the queue was manic with cars abandoned everywhere

Aye, that was 'cos you weren't wearing the requisite Big White Sheet and Pointy Hat/Mask combo William!

Craig
25th February 2013, 03:47 PM
Just a small update...

"The Eagle has landed" ;)

That is all :lol:

Mon the fish
25th February 2013, 03:54 PM
I must live in the dark ages, I've never heard of this place until this thread. Is it a sit-in place? People actually sit-in, to eat a donut!?

I'm obviously not 'with-it' or yoof anymore...

MINI William
25th February 2013, 04:18 PM
Aye, that was 'cos you weren't wearing the requisite Big White Sheet and Pointy Hat/Mask combo William!

The only time I didn't wear it out as well :smilewinkgrin:

Stewart
25th February 2013, 04:42 PM
I must live in the dark ages, I've never heard of this place until this thread. Is it a sit-in place? People actually sit-in, to eat a donut!?I'm obviously not 'with-it' or yoof anymore...

You're not alone I’d never heard about them either till this place sprung up and everyone went Ape! Got to say I’m not into what I call “instant toothache” like you get with those Cadbury Creme Eggs that I can’t stand. Far too sweet for my taste.

Still you’d feel you’d have to try them after all the fuss.

gauldrymini
25th February 2013, 04:59 PM
:popcorn:

stoney
25th February 2013, 05:37 PM
I just wanted to try them after all the hype they are nice but not 4h stand in a queue nice !!!

ELFMAN
25th February 2013, 05:41 PM
Just a small update... "The Eagle has landed" ;) That is all :lol:

Is THAT what it was? We thought it was an earthquake! Must be all those Donuts... Registered 6.8 on the Richter Scale in Lanarkshire - the home of Healthy Eating :smilewinkgrin: Surprised we heard anything over the sound of our hardening arteries :frown:
By the way, how many does it take for a DOnut to become a DON'Tnut? :stop:

- - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to try them after all the hype they are nice but not 4h stand in a queue nice !!!

As I said Rob, the only way I'd wait hours for a Donut was if it was going to be served by (or preferably ON) Kylie :drool:

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2013, 06:12 PM
Just a small update...

"The Eagle has landed" ;)

That is all :lol:

PMSL. :lol: :lol:

And the eagle is slowly working his way through two dozen toothache causing, bigoted (apparently), rings of sugar infused dough coated in sugar, syrup and then more sugar.:moonie:

Om nom nom nom nom....:D

Mon the fish
25th February 2013, 06:25 PM
I have no idea what is going on with the world anymore. I wonder if a 'Bacon Butty Bothy' would create the same number of muppets in a queue?

Stewart
25th February 2013, 07:05 PM
Not knocking anyone having them, just if they are as sweet as some have suggested they might be too sweet for my taste. Its bound to come to Glasga so I'd still try them.

Everything in moderation is fine as they say. :thumbs up:

d.oxley72
25th February 2013, 07:19 PM
I never heard of Krispy Kreme either, presumably as its yet to join IKEA, Nestlé etc in declaring that it has equine species in its products.

weefossy
25th February 2013, 07:28 PM
It's the only thing Mr Simpson and I disagree on. Can you get them "done in batter" in the Scottish shop?

RobSco
25th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Classic Neil...PMSL... :lol: ... All's quiet on the western front, or at least until his two dozen doughnuts are finished... :smilewinkgrin: ...Enjoy

The Dogfather
25th February 2013, 10:28 PM
Hang on, don't you guys have Tescos?

All the Tescos down here have a KK stand, even the small Tescos at Anfield Plain.

AndyP & Lenore
25th February 2013, 10:39 PM
Hang on, don't you guys have Tescos?

All the Tescos down here have a KK stand, even the small Tescos at Anfield Plain.

We do, but no KK stand for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if a stand appeared now we have a Hot Light store up in Edinburgh.

gauldrymini
25th February 2013, 10:45 PM

:thud:

The Dogfather
25th February 2013, 11:42 PM
We do, but no KK stand for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if a stand appeared now we have a Hot Light store up in Edinburgh.

Had to look that up as I hadn't heard of it.

Gismo
26th February 2013, 04:11 AM
4 pages of support for donut's :lol:

stoney
26th February 2013, 08:59 AM
4 pages of support for donut's :lol:

Well there are a few about me being one of them before any one else says it :lol:

Mon the fish
26th February 2013, 09:18 AM
If this was a brand-new, never seen/tasted before thing, fair enough. But queueing up for something everyone has already tried?

I wonder how long the donut restaurant business model will last. I may start selling some frozen water from my freezer.

Crombers
26th February 2013, 09:59 AM
Each to their own I suppose :idunno:

Will happily live the rest of my life never to enter this KK place .................. however bacon buttys and a pint of the black stuff & now we're talking ................. hold on a minute ................ Hello Pub :beer::dance::beer:

ELFMAN
26th February 2013, 02:07 PM
This is a PILE OF PANTS!!!!!!!! Who the hell has time to queue for ages for a feckin' DOUGHNUT???!!! :idunno:
It's like the mindless 'here today, gone tomorrow' fascination of the 'X-Factor', but with 'food'.:thud:

Everybody's worried about horsemeat, but judging by this rampant queueing, I'm more concerned about the high content of SHEEP DNA in the population :argh:
I reckon the 'KK Secret X-Factor Ingredient' is pure smack - that would explain some of the frantic desperation... :drool:

Mon the fish
26th February 2013, 02:23 PM
the high content of SHEEP DNA in the population

Nail on head.

stoney
26th February 2013, 02:27 PM
:lol: well my box did not last the day :lol:

The Dogfather
26th February 2013, 03:05 PM
Seriously people are queuing for donuts? OMG, WTF, HBsR etc.

I wouldn't pay the extra never mind queue for one.

ELFMAN
26th February 2013, 04:49 PM
:lol: well my box did not last the day :lol:

Bet Christine never even got a whiff of one... :hand:

Neil - TXJ
26th February 2013, 09:49 PM
I think I have found the level of NMS, I started a thread about my next car and got 5 posts - donuts 47 posts 😄

stoney
26th February 2013, 11:00 PM
Lol we are all homers

I would like to point out I did not queue for mine there Is a lad who delivers them around here so I got a box from him !!

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2013, 11:12 PM
Lol we are all homers

I would like to point out I did not queue for mine there Is a lad who delivers them around here so I got a box from him !!

Sounds like a dodgy car-park deal from the back of a 4x4 to me. :moonie:

The Dogfather
26th February 2013, 11:26 PM

Probably a KK box filled with Gregg's finest

MINIme:)
27th February 2013, 12:42 AM
I think I have found the level of NMS, I started a thread about my next car and got 5 posts - donuts 47 posts 

It's all about the food, the minis are just a front. I am not even remotely interested in these doughnuts though :idunno: happy with my greggs fudge doughnuts on the occasional desperate monday

ELFMAN
27th February 2013, 12:11 PM
I think I have found the level of NMS, I started a thread about my next car and got 5 posts - donuts 47 posts 

Yes, car conversations used be about DOING DOUGHNUTS - ours is about EATING THEM! :smilewinkgrin: Or just queueing for them :frown:

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a dodgy car-park deal from the back of a 4x4 to me. :moonie:

Aye, he makes them in his shed and sells them to gullible young men :yes nod: