PDA

View Full Version : Best £500 mod for a new car

norbu
23rd February 2013, 09:49 AM
If SWMBO gets a new Cooper S then I'm not being allowed any tuning mods.:frown: No scruffy graphics or coloured mirrors. Any mod must be within the warranty. Any mod musn't be part of any of the packages.

Budget is a max of £500 [Maybe stretch to £600 if it's really really necessary]

So any suggestions or ideas?

NOTE: I did think of a strut brace but she aint too keen especially if it interferes with any warranty.:hand:

Gismo
23rd February 2013, 10:12 AM
Factory coil overs, warranty maintained :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
23rd February 2013, 10:20 AM
If the car is coming with runflats then a set of decent tyres.

If the car has normal tyres then a set of lightweight wheels, OZ, Rota that sort of thing.

Craig
23rd February 2013, 11:21 AM
If the car is coming with runflats then a set of decent tyres.

If the car has normal tyres then a set of lightweight wheels, OZ, Rota that sort of thing.

This ^^^^^^^^. Best money spent ;)

MINI William
23rd February 2013, 11:24 AM
I would have to say Xenons. Standard lights on a MINI are shocking

stoney
23rd February 2013, 11:48 AM
Wheels or strut brace won't interfere with warranty as you could easy remove it before it go's in but I have never ha d a problem with having it on and warranty

norbu
23rd February 2013, 03:18 PM
Sort of sorted for fancy wheels. Won't be getting run flats. Xenon would be part of a proposed pack. Exhaust. Might get permission for that. I'll have a look at coil overs subject to there not being any lowering. Thanks for the thoughts so far.

Big Col
24th February 2013, 09:28 PM
Might be kinda off topic but does non run flats really make that big a diff to make it worthy of the tag best mod £500 mod? I'm really asking as I only ever drove MINIs with. :confused:

Craig
24th February 2013, 09:36 PM
Might be kinda off topic but does non run flats really make that big a diff to make it worthy of the tag best mod £500 mod? I'm really asking as I only ever drove MINIs with. :confused:

In one word - YES !

;)

dvd-cooper-s
24th February 2013, 10:22 PM
yes, completely

The Dogfather
24th February 2013, 10:39 PM
Yes, imagine running in diving boots compared to running in a set of Nike's finest, its about the same.

stoney
25th February 2013, 08:05 AM
As above yes !!!!

Big Col
25th February 2013, 08:44 AM
I think you lot are just too tight to pay the extra for runflats and are making all this up just to cover for that. :smilewinkgrin::p

Craig
25th February 2013, 09:26 AM
Ha ha Col. It's that bad I've just bought 4 new tyres for the GP to get rid of the run flats and 2 of my run flats have less than a thousand miles on them !!

silver spirit
25th February 2013, 09:33 AM
I agree with you B. Col. Had run flats on my 730 sport And Cooper and when changed to non run flats was disappointed ? In my opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gismo
25th February 2013, 10:16 AM
So, when can we start mentioning what will you do if you have a sidewall puncture on ordinary tyres :lol:

The Dogfather
25th February 2013, 10:58 AM
I agree with you B. Col. Had run flats on my 730 sport And Cooper and when changed to non run flats was disappointed ? In my opinion

Did you fit a set of Chinese ditch finders though?

stoney
25th February 2013, 01:13 PM
So, when can we start mentioning what will you do if you have a sidewall puncture on ordinary tyres :lol:

Ring the AA :lol:

silver spirit
25th February 2013, 01:22 PM
Covered about 5,000mls. A week all over Europe , Uk all Scotland and western isles in a variety of vehicle's in all weather ? Never visited a ditch or had a accident ? And no special tyres ( lucky). ?????? Allan. I ran up and down to Oban for 2 mths after having my rear tyre checked by tyre services different branches for loss of pressure and was assured it was normal for slight leak from rims. At 3mm I decided to change to non run flats that's when with the tyre off the rim they found a nail across the width of the tyre. I wonder if non run flat tyre would have lasted the same ?

norbu
25th February 2013, 01:27 PM
:nag::off topic::off topic:

ELFMAN
27th February 2013, 04:37 PM
Factory coil overs, warranty maintained :thumbs up:

Factory Coil Overs??? £500.00??? Are you drunk? :beer:The only 'factory' Coil Overs are on the GP2 - and they're £29K! :smilewinkgrin:

PS Run Flats are great if you put Puncture-resistance above vehicle dynamics and driving enjoyment! :Whistle:From experience, I'd put a set of quality non-R/F's above suspension and power mods :thumbs up:

OK, OK :off topic: but you started it...