PDA

View Full Version : GP2 & GP3 in Evo

Mon the fish
22nd February 2013, 11:51 AM
This month's EVO dropped through my lettebox this morning, in it is a bit on the F56 and F56 GP (GP3?), and a shoot-out between GP2, R26-R, RS500 & A1q. GP2 comes out of it well.

Sadly, there's also an article where Catchpole rates the A93 & A939 as possibly his favourite roads in the UK. These roads are my personal racetrack; hope they don't get crowded now, I like them as they are :frown:

ELFMAN
22nd February 2013, 01:30 PM
I have a feeling that reading this issue of EVO will cost me the price of a set of Coilovers and a Remap...

Mon the fish
22nd February 2013, 02:31 PM
Of all the things I've done to my car, coilovers have been the best bang for buck mod. Cornering speeds are just silly now

ELFMAN
25th February 2013, 02:15 PM
Of all the things I've done to my car, coilovers have been the best bang for buck mod. Cornering speeds are just silly now

That's either a very good thing, or a very bad thing, depending on what's around the corner! :smilewinkgrin:

I picked up my EVO on Saturday from the newsagents where I have it on order - but it's not the latest one! So I'll have to wait...

ELFMAN
26th February 2013, 02:02 PM
I'm certain mine is the March one, and it's def not in that... :idunno:

Mon the fish
26th February 2013, 02:22 PM
Issue #181. Cayman on the cover

ELFMAN
26th February 2013, 06:04 PM
I have # 180... ####!

Mon the fish
27th February 2013, 09:09 AM
The joys of subscription, I suppose :cool:

Mon the fish
27th February 2013, 02:17 PM
Blame the missus, she got me it as £3 = 3 issues. Won't be a subscriber shortly...

ELFMAN
27th February 2013, 04:30 PM
Blame the missus, she got me it as £3 = 3 issues. Won't be a subscriber shortly...

I know it's cheaper by subscription, but I'm trying to get out more... :bigwave:

MINI William
27th February 2013, 04:34 PM
Its now in the shops. Ive got my copy

ELFMAN
27th February 2013, 04:45 PM
Its now in the shops. Ive got my copy

I think I was quite late picking up my last one, so the latest one might well be sitting on the shelf, eagerly awaiting grubby wee fingers. Much like myself with Ms. Minogue!

MINI William
27th February 2013, 07:52 PM
I think I was quite late picking up my last one, so the latest one might well be sitting on the shelf, eagerly awaiting grubby wee fingers. Much like myself with Ms. Minogue!
The GP comes of very well beating te R26R around Blyton Park

ELFMAN
28th February 2013, 03:51 PM
The GP comes of very well beating te R26R around Blyton Park

Thanks for the 'Spoiler'! Remind me never to go to the pictures with you :ragin:
Especially not after the 'Popcorn Box Incident' last time.
PS Who'd have thought there'd be an Enid Blyton themed race circuit? :idunno:
One of my fave childhood books - "Famous Five rev the t*ts off it, overshoot the chicane and drown in lashings of ginger beer". It's a classic :book: :thumbs up:

MINI William
28th February 2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the 'Spoiler'! Remind me never to go to the pictures with you :ragin:
Especially not after the 'Popcorn Box Incident' last time.
PS Who'd have thought there'd be an Enid Blyton themed race circuit? :idunno:

I never said times. I think I prefer the term "tease"

I thought we agreed not to speak about that "incident"

ELFMAN
28th February 2013, 04:00 PM
I never said times. I think I prefer the term "tease" I thought we agreed not to speak about that "incident"

I HATE salty popcorn :yuk:

Stewart
1st March 2013, 12:24 PM
This it????

http://youtu.be/bPnAtNbrygk

oh great now I want a new GP... ;)

It says it all when the guy In the A1 is sitting trying to think up something nice to say and the other –Tiff not being able to due to a smile wider that the Clyde tunnel. Plus the MINI just looked planted to that of the A1 that at times looked untidy.

ELFMAN
1st March 2013, 02:58 PM
Couldn't wait for my EVO mag, so I watched it.
Great to see the GP2 being used in anger. At last, a MINI that's more Grunty than Gucci - THIS IS WHAT WE WANT! :motoring: :thumbs up:
After all the 'distractions' of the latest models, it's a fine thing to see a MINI Hatch which can get down and dirty with the best of 'em, just like in the good old days! Hopefully that excellent track behaviour will work just as well on the road at 'non-race pace'. Just one wee point, I can't help thinking they should have done this with the R56 JCW in the first place - with a £25K price tag... but you can't have everything... or can you? Now where's that LOHEN advert? :smilewinkgrin:
ps GOD BLESS TIFF NEEDELL! :smug:

Stewart
1st March 2013, 04:47 PM
I think they just went for the top of each tree as it were and certainly is that not the new GP. Plus you know what these Cips are usually like they always want to have an angle. I don’t think many ST owners would appreciate that they were more or less calling it the fat girl of the crowd that needs to loose a few pounds but the angle seemed to be on weight and how agile it made the cars. Think if the GP matched the HP as well as it was the least powerful. A wee flash of the CPU and you’re talking probably pissing on the rest from a high height. But it does demonstrate that there is no point having silly HP like if you can’t convert that on to the road or track.

Now you can’t have a fat Works going round can you loaded with all the toys.

(Runs for Cover):smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
1st March 2013, 05:14 PM
Now you can’t have a fat Works going round can you loaded with all the toys. (Runs for Cover):smilewinkgrin:

Isn't the weight of the factory JCW and the GP2 just about equal? :Whistle:

Stewart
1st March 2013, 07:11 PM
So it is :blush:

“The new John Cooper Works GP is claimed to weigh the same as the John Cooper Works despite its various modifications”

So what they saved they spend on the new modifications fair enough.

weefossy
1st March 2013, 07:25 PM
Depends on the size of the driver.............runs for even deeper cover...........:moonie:

Mon the fish
1st March 2013, 09:17 PM
Weight, lets see...

Weight saved - rear seats ditched (15kg ish)
Weight gained - wheels (bigger than JCW), brakes, probably front seats. Say 1kg per wheel, and 1kg per calliper. Only needs 4kg extra per seat, and bingo

ELFMAN
1st March 2013, 10:17 PM
Weight, lets see...Weight saved - rear seats ditched (15kg ish)
Weight gained - wheels (bigger than JCW), brakes, probably front seats. Say 1kg per wheel, and 1kg per calliper. Only needs 4kg extra per seat, and bingo
BINGO? There's your answer - that's why they took out the back seats, and all those wee old ladies must weigh something! :laugh: