PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2013, 04:01 PM
Is looking very likely.

Had the same PS3 since launch day, so looking forward to seeing what Sony can do with the new kit. Hopefully online play will be a bit more reliable.

Burple
21st February 2013, 04:21 PM
With a bit of luck there won't be any of that talk about gamers having a one time code to enter to play a new game like the rumour going around about the new Xbox.
Means that nobody will be able to play second hand games on them! :ragin:
Not like MS are poor is it??

Or Sony for that matter ;)

stoney
21st February 2013, 04:31 PM
Looking forward to it as well I still have the one I got of gizmo ;) original fat ps3 :lol:

MINI William
21st February 2013, 04:44 PM
Im looking forward to this. I don't know if I will get one on launch day, usually the launch games are failry rubbish so will wait until a game takes my fancy before I get one.

Stewart
21st February 2013, 04:47 PM
Only Played on my mates wee ones Xbox360 and PS3 but never owned one. Came close as my PC is ancient cica 2004 and I don’t play games on it anymore. They have had some good offers in PS3 and with the new LCD TV I’ve been tempted a good few times.

I’ve always been impressed with the consoles, easy to use and the games considering the age of the machines is fantastic. Considering when the last one was out there has to be a huge jump to the new one. Pity as far as I can see its not backward compatible with PS3 games.

But bit the bullet and decided I’d rather have an expensive new top end Overclockers PC that will hopefully last me years and get back into online games with DayZ, Simcity, Elite, ARMA III and the new C&C game.

G17RDY
21st February 2013, 05:44 PM
I have had my Xbox 360 since launch, this is number two as the first bit the bullet with the red ring of death, yes frustrating!
My 7 year old has a 360 also.

However, i also have a PS3, (this is the second)
i was always a PS man, having had numerous PS1 and PS2 units. Switched to Xbox and it is the best thing i done, now don't all boo just yet...!

Xbox is better at gaming, plain and simple, Where the PS3 wins, is media, it's just better at it, hence why i have both.

Will i be buying the new PS4, in short no.... But the new Xbox yes, i feel like MS have just put more development into it at this stage, and with the Kinect i think it will be hard to beat in the next gen race.

What ticks me off about Sony, is they have really recently announced news of the PS4 coming to light, when details got out about new MS Xbox last year, Sony said nothing in the pipeline, yet now they seem to be saying oh yeah we are making one, and it's going to be out holidays 2013.
Big launch day comes around, they've been building it up for a while, and bang, here is our new controller...... Eh, what......... wheres the PS4, you can tell us all about the chipset but what about the unit Mr Sony, what the hell does it look like, thats what we all want to see, and the response, oh we wanted to show the new dualshock 4 controller as it's great (and following the same chunkiness of the xbox controller) we don't want it to get boring by showing you everything all at once...... In other words, we weren't ready for our own launch day.....

And, slightly worryingly, they paraded game developers on the stage, yet a few of the big players weren't there??
It's the games that make the consoles, surely bumping something out in a hurry just to make it to market before MS, means that developers just wont have the time to put into the games and therefore the launch games will suffer, no?

Am i wrong??, can you tell i am flattened by Sony's big announcement??
The Launch of the PS3, hacked me off with delays no end, hence why i could wait for the next gen and went to Xbox 360, i wonder just how much of a following they lost.

Burple
21st February 2013, 06:17 PM
But bit the bullet and decided I’d rather have an expensive new top end Overclockers PC that will hopefully last me years and get back into online games with DayZ, Simcity, Elite, ARMA III and the new C&C game.

Went the Overclockers route a couple of years back and got a hefty quad core AMD Barebones kit off them :cool:
Upgraded the RAM a bit and added a 250gb HD (cheeky wee 1TB external drive on the side) and a fairly high end graphics card (for then) and built the lot into a nice big gaming case.. luvverly!
Need a new monitor now tho, as at the flat it was thru the 40" telly.. :D This crappy wee 15" one just isn't doing it justice! haha

Gismo
22nd February 2013, 08:59 AM
Xbox is better at gaming, plain and simpleIn what way?

zimbo
22nd February 2013, 10:19 AM
:frown: is this going to be another PS3/Xbox bashing thread :lol:

Well Im a PS fan and have always been all the way from the original to now and I guess the future ones will all end up here at some point too, I prefer their controller so much more than the Xbox one which is just insanely huge and the fact that you HAVE TO PAY to get online on the Xbox is just a joke :moonie: (no I'm NOT laughing), why should people have to pay xyz for the console itself and then xyz for the games they want and to add insult to injury pay xyz for the privelage of playing these expensive games on your expensive Xbox online!! :moonie:

SONY = win win as far as I'm concerned, so bring on the 4th gen :thumbs up:
XBOX = :yuk:

stoney
22nd February 2013, 10:40 AM

Well Im a PS fan and have always been all the way from the original to now and I guess the future ones will all end up here at some point too, I prefer their controller so much more than the Xbox one which is just insanely huge and the fact that you HAVE TO PAY to get online on the Xbox is just a joke :moonie: (no I'm NOT laughing), why should people have to pay xyz for the console itself and then xyz for the games they want and to add insult to injury pay xyz for the privelage of playing these expensive games on your expensive Xbox online!! :moonie:

^^^^^^ this ;)

MINI William
22nd February 2013, 11:37 AM

+1 I have an Xbox but only so I could play Forza. The controler is far to big and almost uncomfortable

Gismo
22nd February 2013, 12:05 PM
+1 I have an Xbox but only so I could play Forza. The controler is far to big and almost uncomfortableLast year when the Playstation network was down i actually bought an Xbox, i just couldn't understand the thinking around the controller, way too big and cumbersome

Burple
22nd February 2013, 12:23 PM
Last year when the Playstation network was down i actually bought an Xbox, i just couldn't understand the thinking around the controller, way too big and cumbersome

Never had any problems with it ;):p

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there is any way this will happen. No one would buy the thing.

I seriously hope not, but a very good friend of mine works as a project manager for MS in the Xbox games area, and she mentioned it last time I saw her.. I couldn't think of a worse thing for them to do.. Well I could.. but I promise to play nice about Playstations ;) ..joking!

Dunno about others but when I read this all I read was "blah blah blah geeky blah blah geek geek blah 40" telly" :D

That's pretty much spot on what I said.. :p
How about.. "Me buy bits of computer and smush them together in shiny black box. Box lights up blue and pretty":p

Me too! <grabs coat and leaves with Ali> :thumbs up:

Oh feck.. I think i just saw Pestilence and War trot past the window... I'm agreeing with Hightower on something! :hand::laugh:

Jury's out on the new gaming consoles till I see them at least. Can't see Sony competing with Kinnect tho..

Big Col
22nd February 2013, 01:08 PM
That's pretty much spot on what I said.. :p
How about.. "Me buy bits of computer and smush them together in shiny black box. Box lights up blue and pretty":p

Aww well why didn't you say so?!!:smilewinkgrin:

john
22nd February 2013, 04:12 PM
I have a PS3, it does not matter how much better or worse the Xbox is or is not, the company on PS3 is much nicer :)

G17RDY
22nd February 2013, 04:29 PM
I'm not bashing the PS range, like i said, whilst i have an Xbox and prefer it for gaming, i am also a PS fan and currently have a PS3 and a Sony Xperia Play phone (don't get me started on that)

Playstation have a massive amount of pro's, and yes the Xbox live subscription is a Con in the Xbox world over PS, i don't have a gold account and plan not to have one as i can play for free on the PS3.

Personally, i prefer the Xbox controller, i think it feels better in hand, and far sturdier for my wee stubby hands!!

Now that i have calmed myself over the big PS4 announcement, and read all there is to read on the subject, i still think the race winner may be Xbox, they seem to be taking their time over the new console and possibly for good reason too.

Anyway, on the plus side, do you think backward compatibility is important for transition from PS3 to PS4? Would it be a considering factor in buying a new PS4 if you cannot use your existing PS3 games?

and does anyone have a Vita, and do you think it will be a good addition to the new PS4?