PDA

View Full Version : Mini touch up paints

d.oxley72
17th February 2013, 09:35 AM
Can you get touch up paints for MINI? If so, where and how much?

I want to tidy up stone chips and I would rather use BRG coloured paint for MINI rather than the Rover paint I've already got if possible.

Thanks

stoney
17th February 2013, 10:00 AM
Mini sell them I would give the dealers a phone :)

MINI William
17th February 2013, 11:03 AM
Mini sell them I would give the dealers a phone :)

What he said

MINIme:)
17th February 2013, 01:38 PM
think they expensive - just under £20 if I remember right

d.oxley72
17th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks. Will check out my local Mini dealer and enquire about ordering a touch up paint.

MINIme:)
17th February 2013, 02:21 PM
if you are anywhere near Vardys round the east side of edin you should get a small discount of 10% as an NMS member.

KenL
17th February 2013, 08:09 PM
The brush on the official kits is a joke, fine if you want to paint a door! The kits from Halfords are decent.

I bought a kit from a paint seller on eBay. Came with OK brushes and some fine applicator sticks. Half the price of the dealer too.

MINI William
17th February 2013, 10:33 PM
The brush on the official kits is a joke, fine if you want to paint a door! The kits from Halfords are decent.

I bought a kit from a paint seller on eBay. Came with OK brushes and some fine applicator sticks. Half the price of the dealer too.
Can't agree more about the brush. I always use a cocktail stick

AndyP & Lenore
17th February 2013, 10:58 PM
The brush on the official kits is a joke

Can't agree more about the brush. I always use a cocktail stick

Me three.

I use a wooden toothpick from Boots. Or as Special Lad says, a cocktail stick will do the job waaaay better than pretty much any brush.:thumbs up:

A.:D

gauldrymini
18th February 2013, 10:07 AM
...cocktail stick is what I have used in the past (another few to sort in the Spring). A very fine artist brush (like the ones the dudes that paint those wee fantasy figures use) maybe worth a go...:unsure: