PDA

View Full Version : Who would be interested in a rolling road day ??

stoney
17th February 2013, 09:11 AM
Ok just gathering interest who would like to do a rolling road day ?

Me and Craig where at one yesterday and it was good fun :)

Thinking some time in April / May

We have a few places we can go but it will be Glasgow or Edinburgh

Thanks

1. stoney
2. Willaim
3. Craig
4. Bodyshop
5. Jonnie
6. Ali
7. Ian king
8. Leanne
9. Elfman
10 Duncan.
11 gregjcw

MINI William
17th February 2013, 09:50 AM
I would depending on where and when. Can't recommend Jim at Star enough or the boys at extreme.

stoney
17th February 2013, 10:02 AM
I would depending on where and when. Can't recommend Jim at Star enough or the boys at extreme.

As for where and when will update when we have a list of peepers that would be interested

Craig
17th February 2013, 11:03 AM
Probable for me mate ;)

bodyshop23
17th February 2013, 12:55 PM
I would be interested in doing this.

MINIme:)
17th February 2013, 01:37 PM
I think I've asked this before and never got an answer - you need to tell me WHAT HAPPENS. I don't know what it is. Sorry for being stupid like.

stoney
17th February 2013, 02:08 PM
I think I've asked this before and never got an answer - you need to tell me WHAT HAPPENS. I don't know what it is. Sorry for being stupid like.

You take your car and the put it on a set of rollers and then the man that controls the rollers sits in your can and takes it thro the rev range and you get a reading back with you bhp torque and also a graph showing the curve and where it runs lean or heavy on petrol ect ...

17th February 2013, 02:18 PM
how interesting! I prob couldn't afford it but it does sound really interesting for knowing your own car - even a lower powered one like mine

jonnie
17th February 2013, 02:19 PM
I could be tempted, depending on the when and where and of course the how much.

stoney
17th February 2013, 03:36 PM
A wee vid of mine from yesterday if you look close at the end you see some flames just before the black smoke ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6_-Qwxec8

17th February 2013, 04:15 PM
that made me wince - it sounded like the car was screaming S T O P ! ! !

jonnie
17th February 2013, 05:42 PM
Love that noise

MINI William
17th February 2013, 06:39 PM
that made me wince - it sounded like the car was screaming S T O P ! ! !

Me to Joanna. There is no need to take a car to the rev limit on the rollers, as it wont be making power at this point!! The dyno operator should be watching the live graph/ listening for det(det cans) and let off when they can see the power dropping. Ive seen many a good operator ie Jim at Star who I've seen refuse to run a car if he can hear det. Sadly if the RR day is at where your video was taken I will come to watch but can honeslty say they won't be getting to run ,never mind touch my car!!

stoney
17th February 2013, 06:45 PM
They weren't that bad tbh

think it was more cos it was having problems with my car don't plan on using this place tho

AndyP & Lenore
17th February 2013, 11:24 PM
Stoney, did they have a huge fan blowing at high speed onto the front of your car during that RR run?

A.

stoney
18th February 2013, 12:00 AM
Stoney, did they have a huge fan blowing at high speed onto the front of your car during that RR run?

A.

Yep about 3 off them they need to or it won't work lol

AndyP & Lenore
18th February 2013, 12:18 AM
Yep about 3 off them they need to or it won't work lol

That's cool. You can't see them in the video, so I was wondering how they were getting so much air through the engine.

That exhaust blow didn't look healthy. :frown:

A.

stoney
18th February 2013, 12:24 AM
Its fine I have not long cleaned out the injectors so just the last of the crap and also my cat lets a lot thro only being a 120 cel sport cat

18th February 2013, 01:42 AM
What is 'det' William?

Gismo
18th February 2013, 04:42 AM
What is 'det' William?Detonation

MINI William
18th February 2013, 10:11 AM
What is 'det' William?

Detonation

Sorry Joanna. As Alan answered Det is Detonation

ianking
18th February 2013, 04:14 PM
I might be interested. I've used star before and they were excellent. They really know what they are doing. He revved my car less harsh than I do when it's
going up the country roads on the way home so possibility of damaging the car. I was very surprised with the readings as well.

T5LLC
18th February 2013, 05:15 PM
I'd consider this seen my car missed out on Saturday due to me letting it kiss another car for valentines :(

stoney
18th February 2013, 05:41 PM
Ok guys I will look in to star performance in the next few weeks and see what they say ;)

Duncan Stewart
19th February 2013, 08:32 PM
Sounds like fun. Only done rr before with my classic . Do you need to fit the towing eyes to strap the car down?

Craig
19th February 2013, 09:16 PM
Most times Duncan - yes

Gismo
19th February 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm in, yep, oh wait ................. ;-)

stoney
19th February 2013, 09:42 PM
I'm in, yep, oh wait ................. ;-)

Just jump on a plane and come and watch ;) :lol:

stoney
19th February 2013, 09:42 PM
Sounds like fun. Only done rr before with my classic . Do you need to fit the towing eyes to strap the car down?

Some do some dont depends on the road

ELFMAN
19th February 2013, 10:27 PM
I'm up for this too Rob. Interested to see if the mods actually work! I'm sure they do, but it would be good to put some numbers on it.

stoney
19th February 2013, 11:12 PM
That's Elfman and Duncan added to the list I am going to see a guy in bonnybridge 2morow to see his rollers so can see if that will be any good ;)

stoney
20th February 2013, 06:58 PM
Ok went to see a place called hyperthech very good very pleased with them so looks like that's who we will use for the rolling road day ;) will update with more info in the next few weeks ;)

frogeyes
2nd March 2013, 03:46 PM
speak to Sitech if you ever arrange another, good lot and the owner has a GP!

GreigJCW
2nd March 2013, 11:46 PM
Rob once you have a date I'd be up for it. Offshore dependant.

stoney
3rd March 2013, 08:52 AM
Going to have to start a reserve list as don't want to put to much on as the guys like to spend 10/15 mins setting up the car before running it :)

Stoney

Greg you on the list

3rd March 2013, 02:26 PM
I'd prob come and watch if bystanders are allowed. Might learn something.