PDA

View Full Version : Went karting at knockhill, but has anyone done an experience day?

G17RDY
14th February 2013, 09:06 PM
Hey,

Took my son karting at Knockhill on Sunday - had great fun. Track was damp, so there was plenty of sideways action round the corners. Expensive for 30 mins, at £25 a piece but we got a deal which made it £16.50, which wasn't too sore on the wallet.

Got me thinking when i arrived though, after seeing the Ferrari, single seater and Subaru's parked up, about trying something like this out.

Wondered if any of y'all had been on a driving / experience day before and if you felt it was worth the money?

Gismo
14th February 2013, 09:11 PM
Absolutely brilliant fun, did my last session at Snetterton and, i'd go as far to say as being better value for money being taught how to drive properly than making some engine mods :Whistle: just saying

Craig
14th February 2013, 09:11 PM
I've done the legends experience and it was great fun. Got me wanting more and I've done a couple of track nights.

Looking at doing a few more this year if I can. ;)

jonnie
14th February 2013, 09:26 PM
I got a experience day as a present once, the voucher showed a beautiful red 360 modena. On the day i spent 15 minutes in a yellow 355 with the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car! If anyone fancies arranging something i'd be interested in a track day.

G17RDY
14th February 2013, 09:29 PM
I do quite fancy the performance driving tuition in your own car, but would be really nervous about using my car!!

http://driving-experience.knockhill.com/1st-gear-performance-driving.php

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2013, 09:46 PM
Did the MINI experience day a few years ago. Binned it into the tyre wall at Carlube. :blush:

They don't do the MINI experience any more.:frown:

A.

stoney
14th February 2013, 09:54 PM
done the single seater and the rally i would say he single seater was the best one i would not do the rally

its a lot of fun i have also done a few track nights as well :)

Craig
14th February 2013, 10:09 PM
They don't do the MINI experience any more.:frown:

A.

I wonder why !! :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2013, 10:30 PM
I wonder why !! :lol:

I didn't bin it that hard. :lol:

A.:D

Neil and Lorna
15th February 2013, 12:59 AM
Jings were do I start.

Done full day experience at Mallory park driving tin tops and single seaters.
Ultimate driving experience at Silverstone, Porsches, Ferraris, Audi r8, single seaters, rally cars, Caterams.
ARDS full day instruction at Silverstone. Driving Clio cups, Nissan 350z, Caterams and small hatch fitted with skid frame.
Couple of track nights at Knockhill.
Returning to Silverstone again in April for the ultimate experience again.

Bit of a passion for me.

Are they worth the money, oh yes, I'm like a pig in **** whilst taking part in these.

Neil.

Stewart
15th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Ultimate driving experience at Silverstone, Porsches, Ferraris, Audi r8, single seaters, rally cars, Caterams.

Got to say that does sound fantastic, I'd probably pop for the head to head with the ASTON MARTIN VERSUS FERRARI.

Track nights at Knockhill, that must be a MINI GP's dream date night. :smilewinkgrin:

ELFMAN
15th February 2013, 02:07 PM
I have a 'Driving Experience' with Ferrari etc and I an Ariel Atom passenger run at CRAIL in the next couple of months - haven't got full details - my pal's wife got it for me (and him) as a 50th prezzie.

Looking forward to it, and am going chance my arm and ask if i can take the MINI out for a wee sprint while I'm there! :thumbs up: I've only ever been on a track once and that was a slightly 'sensible' couple of laps of Knockhill when NMS went round at (I think) one of the Car Show days a few years back - can't remember exactly, but I'm certain I was in my R53 and it was great fun gunning it out of the Hairpin onto the straight!

Duncan Stewart
15th February 2013, 08:46 PM
Did the driving experience at knockhill in the seat Leon's - fantastic fun.

Big Gordy
18th February 2013, 01:04 PM
Done most of the things on affer at Knockhill at some point over the last 20 years. They are quite expensive as you don't get a lot of track time but are good fun. I would say anything involving the Legends is the best as they are an absolute hoot...!!!

Angib
19th February 2013, 04:39 PM
On the subject of lunacy at Knockhill, I would like to point out that I took my Gold Wing there on a Newcastle motorbike dealer's track day. That was good fun and I even got thanked by three guys in tricked-out Ducatis (two of them were SPs and one of them threw it in a sand trap....) as they said it was more fun with a 'moving chicane' on the track. It was a bit scary for me, as if I couldn't get over to the side of the track in time after a corner, the Dukes would come past on both sides simultaneously.

One track marshall came up to me afterwards and said while I wasn't the fastest bike he'd seen there, I was the one with the loudest music - I felt, with so much exhaust noise about, there was no point not turning the bike's stereo up to 10. Sadly I wasn't the slowest that day as there was a Cagiva 125 whose rider was spitting feathers as, however much faster than me he was in the corners, I would just pass him on the way up the hill -and no biker can stand being passed by a Gold Wing.

Burple
20th February 2013, 12:00 PM
I would say anything involving the Legends is the best as they are an absolute hoot...!!!

Got to agree with that! I did the Legends a while back.. in the rain! awesome fun... Only spun it once :D
Shame they're 'limited' ;)

Big Gordy
21st February 2013, 09:20 PM
Shame they're 'limited' ;)
I did the GOLD package I'm sure which gave you an afternoon session with the limiter ie BOLT removed for complete lunacy....!!!!
The limiter on a Legend is a long bolt through the throttle pedal...!!!

zimbo
22nd February 2013, 10:04 AM
I did the single seater experience at Knockhill when they used to use the old XR2 fiesta (non injected) it was brilliant.
I am currently in the middle of arranging my supercar experience at Crail Airfield in a couple of months time, just like Euan is doing which I got as a 40th birthday present from a few family members who chipped in to get this for me. Was kinda surprised to see it was going to be held at Crail tho, didnt think there was much space for that sort of thing and that there was only mostly the 1/4 mile drag-strip there, then saying that it has been at least 8-10 years since I was last there when one of the then modified car magazines was having one of its yearly pilgrimmages to Crail. :lol:

I really cant wait, I'd love to do the experience in Silverstone if I can ever afford to do so, coz they are REALLY expensive but the way I see it is is that this is going to be the only way I will ever get to drive one of these exotic cars and I am a CAR NUT from head to toe and always will be and these are the cream of the crop so to speak :thumbs up: and having my butt fit snuggly into the drivers seat rather than the passengers one makes a whole lotta difference :dance: