PDA

View Full Version : Some wee ned!

Steve74
15th August 2004, 08:29 PM
Some wee tyke has nikked my valve caps - all four of them. I left my car for two weeks on the drive of my parents house in a nice wee suburb and they are gone! Who would want them - they're only 99p from Halfords! Numpties!

Vosh
15th August 2004, 08:36 PM
This seems to be an epidemic, I got three nicked not so long ago and sure some other were on here saying the same. Its crazy, why would you want to nick 'em?!

Steve74
15th August 2004, 08:44 PM
Heather (Tribal) said it was wee kids for their bikes. There were two wee 8 year olds who said the mini was their favourite car but they aren't neds at all.

Monsta Mo Mini
15th August 2004, 08:56 PM
It's not just neds at all! When I still lived in Edinburgh i caught two of the kids who lived on the development nicking the caps of my neighbour's Type R. So rather than getting a mouthful of abuse I actually managed to find out why they were doing it; they put them on their bikes but they also swap them at school in the same way we did with footie stickers when we were kids.

mgemie
15th August 2004, 10:06 PM
i'm currently on my second set of alloy caps since the first lot disappeared one by one when at work and out shopping...

grrr.....i'm not bothered about the cost implication but rather the worry that my MINI is being abused:blackeye::blackeye::I when left alone...

Heather
15th August 2004, 10:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

Heather (Tribal) said it was wee kids for their bikes. There were two wee 8 year olds who said the mini was their favourite car but they aren't neds at all.

after my fourth set i just gave up! :D

GAJ
16th August 2004, 01:02 AM
They don't steal the black plastic ones! I had one set of fancy ones stolen in less than an hour!

duncan
16th August 2004, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

They don't steal the black plastic ones! I had one set of fancy ones stolen in less than an hour!

I beg to differ!
I lost all 4 black plastic ones last year. :mad:

Steve74
16th August 2004, 04:08 AM
That's what was wierd - they were just the black ones - nothing special at all. I may leave a full set and a little note, just like for Santa!

euan
16th August 2004, 06:58 PM
Maybe if you have 4 black ones you cans wap them for one steel? Who knows...

My Dad had a set of Cooper valve caps on his original mini, put them on with a spanner, and somebody still managed to nick them.

R7 ETH
16th August 2004, 07:02 PM
Even Dunedin Mini mechanics are nicking them :eek:!!!!!!!
When i was in getting two new front tyres they replaced the OE metal valve caps with black ones !!!! Just noticed at the weekend when i was washing the wheels.:(

mgemie
16th August 2004, 07:07 PM
they probably end up on ebay eventually - you can ALWAYS find alloy caps on ebay strangely enough:D:p

euan
16th August 2004, 07:30 PM
interesting thought from reading some tips - smear vaseline on them and nobody can just turn them (obviously only works with spanner type vavle caps)

Would this work? Or would they just gather all the brake dust?

monkimagic
19th August 2004, 02:12 AM
I reckon they might get a bit messy, I noticed that max power ( I think ) are giving them away this issue,alloy ones to boot.. I have had three full sets nicked so I bought Anti theft Mini logo ones as a last ditch attempt to avoid them been stolen, however if they are desirable some one is sure to have em off !!!