PDA

View Full Version : Thistle Run 2013

d.oxley72
10th February 2013, 10:42 AM
From Mini Clan February newsletter:

'Thistle Run 2013 26 May
The date has been announced.
The Start and end points have now been finalised. We will be setting off from Calderglen Park in East Kilbride, as we did 4 years ago, and we have a new end point in the seaside town of Troon.'

stoney
10th February 2013, 12:06 PM
May join in on this will see close to the time

MINIme:)
10th February 2013, 01:47 PM
Not sure I can but I'll think about it, it would be great to see loads of classics. Did you find any anti-MINI-ness when you did it before?

d.oxley72
10th February 2013, 02:02 PM
Re MINIme:) : I had a good time and didn't encounter or hear anything anti-MINI. As well as the classics, there were both MK1 & 2 MINIs and a couple of Countrymans. Also, a few non-mini /MINIs were present at the start at the Falkirk Wheel.

Crombers
10th February 2013, 09:15 PM
Been on 4 or 5 TR but have not been in a few years. Might just see a return this year as off that weekend and its very local for me

ianking
11th February 2013, 02:01 PM
Hoping that I have my classic finished in time for this as I would like to go.

11th February 2013, 10:29 PM
Re MINIme:) : I had a good time and didn't encounter or hear anything anti-MINI. As well as the classics, there were both MK1 & 2 MINIs and a couple of Countrymans. Also, a few non-mini /MINIs were present at the start at the Falkirk Wheel.

that's great to hear :yes nod: bad mini/MINI vibes make me very sad!

Crombers
12th February 2013, 02:27 PM
Hoping that I have my classic finished in time for this as I would like to go.

Any info/pics, can't see anything in the galleries

baptie
5th April 2013, 12:55 AM
http://www.miniclan.com/images/stories/TR/2013/tr13_hoots_web.png

Registration Now Open (http://www.miniclan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=276&Itemid=40)

Crombers
23rd May 2013, 10:08 AM
Bumping this thread seeing as Sunday is nearly upon us :thumbs up:
We are hopefully gonna register on the day & seeing as the weather looks good it should be a cracker :sunny:

Burple
23rd May 2013, 10:14 AM
Gutted.. not going to make it to the TR this year.. I've not missed many, but pennies are tight this year, and it's a fair ol' distance from us this time.

I *will* get this new car on an NMS outing soon... I *WILL* lol :thumbs up:

d.oxley72
24th May 2013, 08:44 AM
Look forward to seeing any NMS Minis and their owners on Sunday.
I'm the unbadged BRG, with NMS and Mini Clan stickers in the rear window.

24th May 2013, 10:40 PM
have a good time anyone that goes and of course take us loads of pictures :motoring: :bigwave:

Crombers
24th May 2013, 11:05 PM
have a good time anyone that goes and of course take us loads of pictures :motoring: :bigwave:

Pics aint the problem , its how you get them onto NMS :blush:
A knat has more PC skills than me :hand:

Anyhoos hopefully a good day will be had by all, even if my MINI is a bit sick. Reckon one of the bearings is 'shot' somewhere down the polybelt loop :idunno::unsure::blink::scratch::blink: ................ :thumbs up:

d.oxley72
24th May 2013, 11:58 PM

Will be taking my camera, so will get some photos put up on the NMS site.

d.oxley72
26th May 2013, 08:03 PM
MINI does Thistle Run 2013.
A long but enjoyable day, driving the major and minor roads of South Lanarkshire and Ayrshire:yes nod:

26th May 2013, 09:01 PM
glad to hear you enjoyed it. I see our Mark from NI was there too in his dealership's van :yes nod:

d.oxley72
26th May 2013, 09:38 PM
Yep, I saw the Mini van and the blue cooper with the Smurfs in the window. Who owns that?

Crombers
26th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Great to see all the classics in action. Saw everyone off in EK (spoke briefly to Vaila/Smurf) before heading down to Troon in the Punto.
Hopefully get the wee fella fixed this week whilst in for his MOT :yes nod: