PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a "cheap" Goodwood?

KenL
1st February 2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.edinburghmini.co.uk/used-cars/MINI/MINI%20inspired%20by%20Goodwood/2012/WMWSV32070T152846/

Stewart
1st February 2013, 07:48 PM
Basically it’s a 29K Cooper S without even the Sports pack and front Scoop. I’ll get my Cheque book. :thud: Don’t get me wrong its probably finished to a great standard inside but no matter what they say when they say it will hold its value its going to drop like a stone. I'd take that Black Roadster S and keep 10K in my pocket and still think I've picked the better car.

http://www.easternwestern.co.uk/admin/Stock/BMWMINI/SL62TCU_1.jpg

KenL
1st February 2013, 08:20 PM
I agree Stewart. They have already dropped the price substantially.

ELFMAN
1st February 2013, 09:32 PM
Which just goes to show what a farcical enterprise the £42K "Inspired by Corporate Greed" was - especially in the middle of a recession. If MINI are now trying to offload 'new' (10 miles?) Goodwoods for £13K less than you paid for one last year, then more fool you - and them! I'd be raging, but then again, you'd have to be able to think to be raging.

You'd have bought what is, let's face it, an extremely well-specced COOPER S (which is exactly how I thought it felt when I tried it out in Parks MINI showroom - a nice car, but not substantially nicer than any nice new S), driven it out of said showroom, and binned £13K, or a brand new COOPER - how ridiculous. Which just goes back to my initial reaction to whoever might buy one - "More money than Sense". Although with that sort of arithmetic, if you had 75p you'd have more money than THAT kind of 'sense'. As you would if you'd still pay GP2 money for it today.

KenL
1st February 2013, 09:57 PM
Although at that price it is still expensive, it is not as ridiculous as it was previously.

If I was loaded, I would quite fancy one as a keeper!

Gismo
1st February 2013, 10:00 PM
If I was loaded, I would quite fancy one as a keeper!That interior is absolutely hideous, if I were loaded i would buy exactly what i wanted, a JCW S and get it fitted out with a far more appealing interior

Big Col
1st February 2013, 10:07 PM
if I were loaded

<sniggers> "if" Wotevs moneybags. ;)

Craig
1st February 2013, 10:58 PM

:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
1st February 2013, 11:04 PM

He had to leave the country otherwise he’d have had a bigger tax bill than Rangers.

KenL
1st February 2013, 11:32 PM
Back on topic!

What's hideous about it? Different to your normal MINI, but that is the whole point.

The Dogfather
1st February 2013, 11:54 PM
Its very Rover 75, which isn’t too bad in a Rover. In a MINI is awful.

http://www.earwicker.info/pics/dc_3.jpg

Gismo
1st February 2013, 11:55 PM
Back on topic!

What's hideous about it? Different to your normal MINI, but that is the whole point.My opinion is its hideous, I absolutely detest beige interiors

MINIme:)
2nd February 2013, 12:13 AM
I had a wood and leather steering wheel and gear knob in my last mini. LOVED them. I wanted to swap them into the new car but it wasn't especially feasible! I don't mind the sheepskin thing aesthetically. You'd want to take your slippers in though, not your manky, Glasgow drenched, wet and muddy shoes.

Crombers
2nd February 2013, 12:25 AM
He had to leave the country otherwise he’d have had a bigger tax bill than Rangers.

Rangers dont have a tax bill, they are debt free...............

Oh aye and they are dead ...... nada ...... no more

Best we can do is a tribute act plying their trade in the Scottish 3rd division pretending to be something

G17RDY
2nd February 2013, 01:00 AM
Jeez, i could think of a few better ways to spend 29k, i've always found the pricing and idea behind the Goodwood MINI rather ludicrous.

Goodwood vs new GP?? I know it's different strokes for different folks, but i think the general population would agree, no contest, GP2 wins everytime!

AndyP & Lenore
2nd February 2013, 01:38 AM
The black paint has a lovely sparkle to it.

There the compliments end.

So many nicer cars you could spend the money on, have as good a quality end product and walk away with £10k in your pocket.

Doesn't even have a heated front windscreen. Who knows of a Rolls Royce owner who's happy to scrape his windscreen on a chilly morning.

A.

The Dogfather
2nd February 2013, 08:56 AM
Its a special edition guys: -

(e)special(ly) expensive
(e)special(ly) hideous
(e)special(ly) pointless

It’s only beaten in stupidity by the Aston Martin Cygnet, which is one serious ugly duckling, although that may have just been an exercise in managing potential EU regulation.

Big Col
2nd February 2013, 09:50 AM
Back on topic!
<coffs> Sorry KenL. :blush:

- - - Updated - - -

I actually kinda like the good wood. But wouldn't say it's worth the cash.

weefossy
2nd February 2013, 01:12 PM
I really like the inside and don't think it's a bad deal at the current price....OTT at £40k+. But don't like cleaning black cars. Would be nice to find a written off Goodwood and put the interior in a Works.
Interior is a bit llike oor Jag

MINIme:)
2nd February 2013, 08:50 PM
Doesn't even have a heated front windscreen. Who knows of a Rolls Royce owner who's happy to scrape his windscreen on a chilly morning.

Damn! I had TOTALLY forgotten that I had a heated screen on mini number 1. And intended to get one on mini number 2 but changed my mind at the last minute. That would be so bl**dy useful now I'm not parked under cover and am oot more in the sticks. :ragin: :thud:

N16SHP
3rd February 2013, 11:39 AM
JC Aberdeen are raffling off theirs. Buy a ticket for £20 to be in with a shout of winning one...says it all really!

G17RDY
3rd February 2013, 01:34 PM
JC Aberdeen are raffling off theirs. Buy a ticket for £20 to be in with a shout of winning one...says it all really!

Can you buy online, or do you have to buy within dealership? - I'm thinking (if i win) trade it in and buy a GP2 or order a Paceman for a laugh.

The Dogfather
3rd February 2013, 03:23 PM
I really like the inside and don't think it's a bad deal at the current price....OTT at £40k+. But don't like cleaning black cars. Would be nice to find a written off Goodwood and put the interior in a Works.
Interior is a bit llike oor Jag

I don’t mind that type of interior in a Jag or even the Rover 75 as its goes with the traditional feel of the car, I’ve always seen a MINI as a trendy car.

ELFMAN
3rd February 2013, 04:46 PM
What's hideous about it? Different to your normal MINI, but that is the whole point.

Ken, Re. interior: I'd agree that it's not 'hideous', but one of the problems I had when I sat in the Goodwood is that it just DIDN'T feel that different from any new well-appointed S, so 'the whole point' was lost on me :idunno:

KenL
3rd February 2013, 06:33 PM
I didn't realise you had seen one in the flesh, so you are in a better position to comment than me really :yes nod:

At £40k or whatever it was listed at, it is ridiculous. Even with such a big discount it is not something I would consider unless I had won Euromillions.

Perhaps we should remember that MINI is a car for everyone, not just enthusiasts who want a drivers car. Just look at the range of people who drive them, from teenagers to Grandparents. Only a small proportion of people are interested in the likes of a JCW or GP, just like a small amount of customers would be interested in a "luxury" MINI.

ELFMAN
3rd February 2013, 07:53 PM
To be fair Ken, I don't really think you can equate the fairly large number of people interested in the JCW to the tiny amount in the Goodwood camp, and the GP2 is the car which, given the chance - and funds - MANY JCW fans covet, as it will be seen as THE R56 to have in years to come. So while I agree that the MINI is certainly for everyone, especially with the variants we have now, for a long time there has been a very sizeable chunk of MINI owners who ARE 'enthusiasts' and who DO appreciate it as a driver's car. You only have to look at the amount of MINI clubs and events around the world to see that.

You mentioned the 'teenagers to grandparents' range of people who drive MINIs almost as an example of how it's NOT just an enthusiasts' car, well I'd argue that AGE is irrelevant as a measure of enthusiasm, NMS itself is living proof of that. So a diverse range of ages doesn't necessarily preclude that the majority could well be described as 'Enthusiasts' who appreciate the MINIs dynamic repertoire as well as its chic design qualities!

N16SHP
4th February 2013, 08:11 PM
Can you buy online, or do you have to buy within dealership? - I'm thinking (if i win) trade it in and buy a GP2 or order a Paceman for a laugh.

I don't think they have launched it yet, but if I hear anything I will post a link!

ELFMAN
6th February 2013, 03:32 PM
Damn! I had TOTALLY forgotten that I had a heated screen on mini number 1. And intended to get one on mini number 2 but changed my mind at the last minute. That would be so bl**dy useful now I'm not parked under cover and am oot more in the sticks. :ragin: :thud:

I had a Heated Screen on my R53 - it was damn handy at this time of year! :snow::thumbs up: I bought my R56 'from stock', so I couldn't tick that box this time - apart from that, the car's almost exactly how I would've specced it - but hey, you can't have everything, even on the Goodwood it seems... £42K + a plastic scraper. Or maybe you get a special Carbon Fibre one with a nice logo thrown in F.O.C.?
F.O.C.? MINI???? :laugh: