PDA

View Full Version : Door Not Opening

minibob
31st January 2013, 11:09 PM
I replaced my outside door handles last night every thing was good all working fine

tried to get in my passengers side today and cant get in

as i changed the handle i thought it was just the cable came of but it doesn't open from the inside ether so now i cant get in or out. I had a wee look down inside the door with the window down and everything still looks connected so im guessing its the actual lock its self.

So dose anyone know how to get the door open? Iv not tryed but looking at it the door card doesn't look like its going to come

Any ideas chaps????

bob

The Dogfather
1st February 2013, 12:14 AM
What model of MINI have you got? R56 or R50/3

I’ve taken loads of doors apart but the only thing I can suggest to get the door card off is removing the rubber seal around the door to give you more room.

Mon the fish
1st February 2013, 09:16 AM
Dukes of Hazzard Mini...?

minibob
1st February 2013, 10:31 PM
Dukes of Hazzard Mini...?

Not a bad idea lol

If I give the handle a bang outside it starts working but as soon as I lock it then unlock it doesn't open again at least I can get in to sort it just need to get a new lock mechanism

S7JGW
26th March 2013, 10:11 AM
I had this issue as well, used to work if i hit the door handle, sometimes a few hits on the door handle must have been to slightly move something inside that wasnt 100%.
Ended up replacing the latch mechanism, problem went for a while and came back a few months later turned out the outside door handle was worn and needed replaced. This cured it for me.

James