PDA

View Full Version : Black Headlight Surrounds for Countryman

Big Col
28th January 2013, 09:57 PM
Just a quick question. Can these be specced from MINI yet? If not is there a preferred NMS site to buy them from these days? :confused:

N16SHP
29th January 2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure if you can spec them from Mini (it's not something we looked at anyway) but depending on whether you want them wrapped or painted, you could try Greig Allan. As I said in a previous thread, he did my vipers and has done some wrapping work for quite a few of us...seriously top notch work.

Big Col
29th January 2013, 09:59 AM
I never thought of getting them wrapped actually. The black surrounds are £40 each on one of the MINI parts websites and I asumed wrapping would work out more expensive than that?

Burple
29th January 2013, 12:26 PM
I never thought of getting them wrapped actually. The black surrounds are £40 each on one of the MINI parts websites and I asumed wrapping would work out more expensive than that?

Not a chance.. get yourself a couple of metres of the right vinyl off ebay and diy for a fraction of that ;)
Did mine for less than a fiver myself.. and about an hour and a half of time..
Not a CM right enough.. but same process..

Big Col
29th January 2013, 01:00 PM
Hmm. It seems in some areas I remain a numpty...

Gismo
29th January 2013, 03:36 PM
Hmm. It seems in some areas I remain a numpty...Can't argue with that :Whistle:

Big Col
29th January 2013, 11:15 PM
HEEEY!!! :smilewinkgrin:

The Dogfather
29th January 2013, 11:37 PM
Hmm. It seems in some areas I remain a numpty...

Not all areas Col, just Scotland mainly.

Pm52
13th February 2013, 10:50 PM
hi new to this yes you can order from mini or wrap them or i got mines plastidiped {spray rubber}

- - - Updated - - -

Big Col
14th February 2013, 07:25 AM
Thanks for that Pm. I noticed you got the washers done too which is cool and something I may well copy! :thumbs up:

Pm52
14th February 2013, 03:28 PM
Thanks for that Pm. I noticed you got the washers done too which is cool and something I may well copy! :thumbs up:

Mate I had mines wrapped but it chipped easy the company who details the car do the spray rubber they are based at the quay in Glasgow platinum polish good guys

GreigJCW
15th February 2013, 11:30 AM
Hi bud if your wanting them wrapped give me a shout I do wrapping as a side line. In fact done mini Williams gp2 last month. I use a high quality vinyl that is fairly robust too.

Big Col
16th February 2013, 03:09 PM
Where you based Greig mate?