PDA

View Full Version : NMS 10th Anniversary

Crombers
28th January 2013, 04:48 PM
Dear powers that be,

Sometime next month NMS will be 10 years old, anyone got an exact date so that I can bake a cake :scratch: or swallow a pint of the dark stuff :beer: in celebration

Cheers me dears

john
28th January 2013, 04:53 PM
:beer:Start now every day for 6 weeks that should ccover it

Crombers
28th January 2013, 05:02 PM
:beer:Start now every day for 6 weeks that should ccover it

Certainly would CCOVER it .......... what an iffin party :yes nod: :beer: :dizzy:

Gismo
28th January 2013, 05:02 PM
:beer:Start now every day for 6 weeks that should ccover it:thumbs up:

Craig
28th January 2013, 06:11 PM
Should we have 10th anniversary Tshirts or Polo shirts or mugs made up ??

ELFMAN
28th January 2013, 06:28 PM

I'd probably rather use the dosh for petrol etc on a celebratory NMS Run :thumbs up: :motoring:but having said that, a mug's always a good idea, 'cos without one, the tea burns your hands! :argh: :smilewinkgrin:

Duncan Stewart
28th January 2013, 08:13 PM
10 years in October since our first NMS run! Weekender to Skye but there were deffo some runs before then. Where have the years gone!

MINI William
28th January 2013, 09:13 PM

I'd probably rather use the dosh for petrol etc on a celebratory NMS Run :thumbs up: :motoring:but having said that, a mug's always a good idea, 'cos without one, the tea burns your hands! :argh: :smilewinkgrin:

I would be happy for either or

MINIme:)
28th January 2013, 11:01 PM
Wow I had no idea it was that old. I might be able to scrape some cash together for a mug or a tshirt if I liked the design. Been meaning to get a mini tshirt for ages. But then you'd need to let me have a girl shaped one... ?

Is ten yrs a good time to er update the logo :Whistle: (runs away and hides) :whiteflag:

we could have a big picnic :smilewinkgrin: then doesn't even have to be masses of petrol. We do food well.

Gismo
28th January 2013, 11:13 PM
Is ten yrs a good time to er update the logo :Whistle: (runs away and hides) :whiteflag:Great idea, show me your effort

28th January 2013, 11:16 PM
ha, fair call! ;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2013, 12:47 AM
10 Year anniversary run is a brilliant idea. :thumbs up::thumbs up: We could try and get some of the auld crew to attend. Jules, Willie & Linda M, Calum, etc.

A.

AndyP & Lenore
29th January 2013, 12:51 AM
The Wayback machine has the site first crawled/captured on 26th March 2003. Not saying that was it's first day, but that's the first date it's existence was confirmed.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030326110449/http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/

A.

Gismo
29th January 2013, 01:10 AM
I joined in Feb 2003 and was posting before March

Crombers
29th January 2013, 01:13 AM
I joined in Feb 2003 and was posting before March

That was what I was thinking. Calum is on record as joining (or maybe forming) the site on 25/02/03 and we have a few others with Feb 03 join dates such as yourself Wul GAJ etc

KenL
29th January 2013, 07:27 AM
I joined on 5 march 2003, 8 months after I got my first MINI!

Big Col
29th January 2013, 07:39 AM
But then you'd need to let me have a girl shaped one... ?

Wot...wait....MINIme:) is a girl!?! Defo not the old one then! :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
29th January 2013, 08:30 AM
Wot...wait....MINIme:) is a girl!?! Defo not the old one then! :smilewinkgrin:

To be fair Minime was a big wumin as well :rolleyes:
Your sense of humour will suit both versions just fine fella ......... :thumbs up:

stoney
29th January 2013, 09:58 AM
Runs and mugs are a good idea :)

Crombers
29th January 2013, 02:07 PM
Runs and mugs are a good idea :)

You cant just assume that all these beautiful NMS folks that go on runs are all 'mugs' :rolleyes:

stoney
29th January 2013, 02:23 PM
You cant just assume that all these beautiful NMS folks that go on runs are all 'mugs' :rolleyes:

:lol:

Gismo
29th January 2013, 03:33 PM
Runs and mugs are a good idea :)Snigger, must resist :lol:

The Dogfather
29th January 2013, 03:43 PM
So who will organise the run, where will it take place and when will it happen?

The problem is that the membership are pretty spread out (especially Gismo, no I’m not calling you fat) so getting everyone together is a challenge.

But, we have done this sort of thing before though. :Whistle:

You could have a run from the Aberdeen area, from the Borders, from Dundee and Fife, from Glasgow all meeting in a central location.

Just a thought…...

MINI William
29th January 2013, 04:04 PM
So who will organise the run, where will it take place and when will it happen?

The problem is that the membership are pretty spread out (especially Gismo, no I’m not calling you fat) so getting everyone together is a challenge.

But, we have done this sort of thing before though. :Whistle:

You could have a run from the Aberdeen area, from the Borders, from Dundee and Fife, from Glasgow all meeting in a central location.

Just a thought…...

I like this idea. Only thing is what do we do when we meet? Do we have a meal, a picnic etc etc or another run. Sadly Feb isnt a great time of the year for standing about.

ELFMAN
29th January 2013, 05:25 PM
I'd be fine with a mug, but if an 'Anniversary' run was on the cards, I think February's too soon, and the weather's still bound to be mince. I reckon a bit later in the year would be a better bet... anyway, William already has a run on 3rd March. I don't know if we could 'incorporate' the 10th Anniversary into one of the 'annual' NMS outings?

Stewart
29th January 2013, 05:59 PM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6167/6140138493_3991a7661a.jpg

:thumbs up:

The Dogfather
29th January 2013, 06:07 PM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6167/6140138493_3991a7661a.jpg

:thumbs up:

Is that Autoexpress’s latest rendering for the F56?

Stewart
29th January 2013, 06:26 PM
Can't be as it actually looks a bit like a MINI. :smilewinkgrin:

Think they got the size of the MINI badge spot on! It's what BMW would do if they could get away with it.

Crombers
29th January 2013, 06:38 PM
Why not go for making Williams 3rd of March run the anniversary run as long as he is ok with it & lets face it its as near as dammit ??

Still reckon we could all still have an 'internet swally' if we can come up with an official date, a kinda happy bithday NMS :beer:

MINI William
29th January 2013, 07:34 PM
Why not go for making Williams 3rd of March run the anniversary run as long as he is ok with it & lets face it its as near as dammit ??

Still reckon we could all still have an 'internet swally' if we can come up with an official date, a kinda happy bithday NMS :beer:

More than happy to have my run as the Aniversary run.

ELFMAN
29th January 2013, 09:07 PM
More than happy to have my run as the Aniversary run.

That would do for me. Just change the title of the run William! :smilewinkgrin:

Does that mean we have to wear fancy dress? My fancy dress is at the cleaners... it's an 80's 'Puffball' number with matching 'Snood' and leggings. :cool:

30th January 2013, 12:27 AM
I will need to be very good at the 40th I'm at the night before :dizzy:

I do like the idea of a converging meet too - later in the year maybe? ;)

weefossy
30th January 2013, 12:29 AM
Seems like the earliest joining date is 26th Feb 2003, with the likes of Callum, Willie Moffat, John, Alan, Julz etc. We are listed as joining on 1st May 2003, but I'm sure we were on a run before then. Despite the alzheimers, I think NMS evolved out of Mini2.com and I'm sure we went to the Mini Fair at the Staffordshire County Show Ground in Jan 2003, with Mini2. The first Cullen Run we were on was with an overnight stop in 2003, but I'm sure John organised a Cullen Run in August 2002? Could be wrong of course, cause the brains not what it used to be.....doh

MINI William
30th January 2013, 10:16 AM
That would do for me. Just change the title of the run William! :smilewinkgrin:

More than happy to if that is what people want

- - - Updated - - -

On the back of the mugs tshirt subject should we maybe see if we can get an anniversary sticker made up to go on the cars?

Mon the fish
30th January 2013, 02:14 PM
IMO we should wait until 2014, and celebrate properly by going to Spa and the 'Ring, maybe with a bit of Stelvio, Maranello and Monaco in there too...

Craig
30th January 2013, 03:05 PM
IMO we should wait until 2014, and celebrate properly by going to Spa and the 'Ring, maybe with a bit of Stelvio, Maranello and Monaco in there too...

You robbed a post office ?? :lol:

These are things I'd love to do, but other commitments always get in the way (mostly financial)

30th January 2013, 07:27 PM
should we maybe see if we can get an anniversary sticker made up to go on the cars?
not a bad idea at all

Mon the fish
30th January 2013, 09:06 PM
You robbed a post office ?? :lol:

These are things I'd love to do, but other commitments always get in the way (mostly financial)

That's why there's 18 months warning!

Did it last year, didn't make the 'Ring due to my car munching a driveshaft on the Col de Turini - so heading back this year.

A line-up of Mini's at the Reims pits would make the best NMS photo ever

Crombers
31st January 2013, 12:05 PM
not a bad idea at all

Aye :yes nod:

- - - Updated - - -

:drool: where do I sign up, that would certainly cover off a few on the old tick list :clap:

What a way to celebrate the big 50 :idea:

Stewart
31st January 2013, 07:59 PM
The MINI Grand Tour ! :smilewinkgrin:

As the saying goes you just need a Credit card, Your MINI, and No fecks given!!!!! Oh and a St Andrews Flag :scotlandflag: on you car!

Sorted!

Crombers
1st February 2013, 01:52 AM
Also in 2003 saw the last flight of the most beautiful man made creation ever built......

......miss you Concorde :sad: & if you care to bother checking out YouTube (27 supersonic years) you just might feel the same

All we have done is retrogressed ............Why oh why :argh:

Mon the fish
1st February 2013, 09:15 AM

Imagine this, with Mini's...

Crombers
1st February 2013, 11:54 AM

I'm in :cool:

ELFMAN
1st February 2013, 03:16 PM
Due to home circumstances, I don't think I could commit to an 'invasion of Europe'... pity, as it would no doubt be a blast.

My Dad's OK, but I like to be within a fairly 'returnable' distance when I'm on hols etc. He was always there for me in my younger days, so I'm returning the favour in his 'Older Days'!

Stewart
1st February 2013, 04:55 PM

That’s just being cruel.

Crombers
16th February 2013, 06:11 PM
Gonna bump this ............. just cos I can (smug likey)

Im gonna go for 25/02/13 (wumin huh :rolleyes:) as the 10th birfday bash

Gonna buy the black stuff & gonna pop a ring pull :thumbs up:

jonnie
16th February 2013, 08:11 PM

Where do i sign up:clap::yes::drool::dance:

17th February 2013, 01:35 PM
Gonna bump this ............. just cos I can (smug likey)

Im gonna go for 25/02/03 as the 10th birfday bash

Gonna buy the black stuff & gonna pop a ring pull :thumbs up:

You might be 10 yrs late and miss out :scratch: :idunno:

Crombers
18th February 2013, 01:37 PM
You might be 10 yrs late and miss out :scratch: :idunno:

Aye aye aye .................... sorted now :p

19th February 2013, 12:33 AM
Im gonna go for 25/02/13 (wumin huh :rolleyes:)

;)

ELFMAN
19th February 2013, 02:18 PM
Aye aye aye .................... sorted now :p

I just took it for granted you had invented Time Travel :excited: Well disappointed now... :sadangel: