PDA

View Full Version : MINI Clubman Bond Street

gauldrymini
24th January 2013, 02:44 PM
https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/pressclub/p/pcgl/pressDetail.html?title=tailor-made-for-a-classy-entrance-the-mini-clubman-bond-street&outputChannelId=6&id=T0135883EN&left_menu_item=node__2322#

Link "borrowed" from TM:Whistle:

Burple
24th January 2013, 05:38 PM
Saw that earlier too.. looks like a very nice Ltd Edition! very luxurious looking inside.. Don't know if i'd get bored with that 'Champagne' roof tho..

Maybe needs a set of black headlights too ;)

ELFMAN
24th January 2013, 06:00 PM
:cool: :thumbs up: Lovely looking motor, particularly fine interior, but I have to say (here he goes again...) that the only thing which lets it down is the rather tacky "Bond Street" badging - it's just not up to the standard of the rest of the car. I think this is often the case with these 'limited editions'.

Is anybody really still impressed by these 'London-centric' names nowadays? it's all a bit old (bowler) hat. 'MINI Buchanan Street' anyone?
BTW how much is it? :idunno:

Stewart
24th January 2013, 06:21 PM
Be a good car second hand or after a dealer has had it a while. I like the look of the Hampton Clubman that the guy down the road has. On TM I guy was selling his WC50 for 18K with I’m sure it was 13K miles on it or something silly now that's a Limited Edition.

Usual MINI taking the pee with pricing.

ELFMAN
24th January 2013, 06:54 PM
"The MINI Clubman Bond Street bears the name of the most exclusive shopping street in London, a place steeped in the tradition of classical style, the British way of life and the appreciation of quality. Setting off for a shopping trip here, in the heart of the City of Westminster, therefore is an expression of fine taste... The new edition’s clear commitment to the British way of life..."

What a load of old b*ll*cks!
Can anybody define "The British way of life..."? For whom? When?
Obviously written (in 1967) by somebody called Tarquin whose daddy got him a job as a copywriter when Jacinta chucked him for Roger after his art gallery/antiques shop went bust.
Either that or it was written in 2013 by Heinz in Munich... whose daddy got him a job as a copywriter when Rutger chucked him for Tarquin.

Still don't know how much it is...

G17RDY
24th January 2013, 07:03 PM
I really don't like that, all these MINI Special Editions are beginning to pi$$ me right off.

A MINI is about individuality to me, grab the options / accessory catalogue and make your MINI individual to you. One special edition is the same as the next - Are they created for potential MINI owners with no imagination??

weefossy
24th January 2013, 08:20 PM
WC50 for £18k sounds a good buy to me..........
Means it has lost £5k a year since new, which is a lot less than I have lost on some of my other Minis.

Think the Bond Street is one "London" Mini too many

MINIme:)
24th January 2013, 11:15 PM
hmmm, I expected I'd hate it but actually I quite like it. I couldn't be bothered reading the spiel so this is a pictures only assessment...
Have never liked the clubman rear lights and esp when the plastic pillar bits are contrasting to the body colour. Looks much better when it's colour matched for me. Is it carbon bits here and there or some funky graphic?, cant tell from the pictures. funky graphics don't generally please me. I like the fact that it's a new colour combo, i'm getting a bit bored of the same ones. Love the leather seats too. Agree they need to lose the badging, the scuttles and door stip look rubbish. Also agree that they are flinging out too many 'special editions'. Bit weary of it really :idunno: Proper specials like the GP and WC50 are different ;)

Overall - actually I quite like the look of it, mainly because it is a new and slightly interesting colour combination, and the leather seats look inviting.

Colin
25th January 2013, 01:28 PM
Hmmmm not sure about this? I think the colour and interior are ok, just never really get excited by the clubman in general.

zimbo
26th January 2013, 05:11 PM
This will be mini (aka BMW) trying to get rid of R series cars before the new F series comes out I think.

Those wheels look great though and I would love a set of those for my Coop :thumbs up: