PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Car Show 21st July 2013

MINI William
16th January 2013, 01:50 PM
I have received an email today from the organisers of the Scottish Car Show. Wondering if NMS will be attending this year on Sunday 21st of July. We had a great time last year despite some bad weather. Hopefully we can have a similar set up as last year as the spot we had was great with plenty of space for the cars,gazebo and most importantly a BBQ.

(last years thread http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?23296-Scottish-Car-Show-2012).

£10 per Driver & Car
£10 per passenger
Under 16's go free but will still need a wrist band

As always everyone is welcome.
Cars with Details recived marked with number in Green

Can I please refer everyone to post 45

ENTRY FORM NOW SENT
Names Below
William & Megan
Brian & Christina
Iain +1
Stoney & Christine
Jamie
Stewart
Daryl & Siubhan
David and Fiona

RESERVE LIST

UPDATE

You will need to bring a drip tray either a Foil Tray or a Bin Bag Please supply your own.
All cars must have no more that 1/4 tank of fuel.
Meet at HermistonGate at 7am to leave at 715am to meet at Showcase Cinema at 745am to head to the SECC at 755am. All cars on the stand must go in as a group and no single cars will be aloud to enter at a later time. If you are late for meeting you will be left and you will not be able to access the SECC.

Craig
16th January 2013, 02:40 PM
Bugger!!!!!! I'll be driving back up from Southampton on that day so won't be able to make it.... That's 2 years running now ! :ragin:

ELFMAN
16th January 2013, 04:21 PM
Put me down as a 'maybe' William (not sure re. hols yet).
Hopefully we won't get plonked next to the tent with the s**t rave music like last time... Will we have a Windy Gazebo this year, or are we moving up to a Marquee? :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
16th January 2013, 06:30 PM
yep put me down as well

MINI William
16th January 2013, 07:29 PM
Bugger!!!!!! I'll be driving back up from Southampton on that day so won't be able to make it.... That's 2 years running now ! :ragin:

Gutted Craig

Put me down as a 'maybe' William (not sure re. hols yet).
Hopefully we won't get plonked next to the tent with the s**t rave music like last time... Will we have a Windy Gazebo this year, or are we moving up to a Marquee? :smilewinkgrin:

yep put me down as well

Both added. Stoney try come off at the right slip road this year :laugh:

Confirmed entry charges in first both £10 for driver & £10 or £15 for passenger depending on when we book.

MINIme:)
16th January 2013, 08:48 PM
yeah was great banter and enough take home food to feed me for days! I should be up for this again ;) Especially if Mom and Dad are going :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
16th January 2013, 10:11 PM
yeah was great banter and enough take home food to feed me for days! I should be up for this again ;) Especially if Mom and Dad are going :smilewinkgrin:
Added Joanna

DarnShiv
16th January 2013, 11:22 PM
We probably won't make the show, but you are more than welcome to borrow the gazebo again. Although, I noted Elfman's desire to upgrade to a marquee:D Can't help you there:frown:

G17RDY
16th January 2013, 11:46 PM
This sounds like it could be fun and a good way to meet some of you, i'll check my diary.

Where is the car show held?

17th January 2013, 12:45 AM
Ingliston :thumbs up: (unless it's moved).

We pretty much sat and stuffed our faces most of the day last year! :smilewinkgrin:

thanks for the offer Daryl ;) shame not to see you both there though

MINI William
17th January 2013, 08:03 AM
We probably won't make the show, but you are more than welcome to borrow the gazebo again. Although, I noted Elfman's desire to upgrade to a marquee:D Can't help you there:frown:

Daryl that would be fantastic thank you. Shame you cant make the show it's a good day out.

This sounds like it could be fun and a good way to meet some of you, i'll check my diary.

Where is the car show held?

Forgort to put that in the first thread. The show is held at Ingilston. It's a great way for you to meet new faces and to show off your new car.

ELFMAN
17th January 2013, 09:58 AM

Top Man Daryl! :thumbs up:
You'll have to get working on the Marquee for next year though... :smilewinkgrin:

ps I'll be wearing a silly hat all day this time - after getting my napper toasted during the day last year (which I only noticed at the end of the day...) It was quite handy the following morning though, as I had a fry-up - on my head.

weefossy
17th January 2013, 11:39 AM
William, can you put Mom and I on your list please. 21st July is the last day of the Muirfield Open so we may be staying elsewhere, as we are probably going to let our house out. Will just mean we will have to be a bit more organised re bbq and food etc.

ELFMAN
17th January 2013, 02:12 PM
Malcolm and Sioban, let me just say...:drool: :whoohoo: :clap:

T5LLC
17th January 2013, 02:38 PM
put me down if there is space :)

MINI William
17th January 2013, 03:35 PM
William, can you put Mom and I on your list please. 21st July is the last day of the Muirfield Open so we may be staying elsewhere, as we are probably going to let our house out. Will just mean we will have to be a bit more organised re bbq and food etc.

1 or 2 cars this year Malcolm?

put me down if there is space :)

Both added. No problems with spaces Leanne.

weefossy
17th January 2013, 08:32 PM
William, put us down for the 2 cars as we will need The Van to bring all the gear and food..........lol. Gives both Moms the chance to do their "5 loaves and fishes" miracle, yet again.

T5LLC
17th January 2013, 08:40 PM
Both added. No problems with spaces Leanne.

thank you :D

MINI William
17th January 2013, 09:37 PM
William, put us down for the 2 cars as we will need The Van to bring all the gear and food..........lol. Gives both Moms the chance to do their "5 loaves and fishes" miracle, yet again.
Great Malcolm. There is never a shortage of food.

17th January 2013, 09:55 PM
Great Malcolm. There is never a shortage of food.

:lol: understatement

ELFMAN
18th January 2013, 03:40 PM
Gives both Moms the chance to do their "5 loaves and fishes" miracle, yet again.

Yes, last year's catering was literally 'Miraculous' (see picture)

MINI William
22nd January 2013, 12:07 PM
Would be nice if we could get a few more cars for this. Whats peoples feelings about trying to book before the April deadline and get the passengers in a bit cheaper?

ELFMAN
22nd January 2013, 12:53 PM
That would make sense for those going '2-up'.
As I'm probably going to be on my tod :frown: it doesn't make much difference to me. Would have been more incentive if they made it £15 per car and the first passenger free... :idunno:

MINI William
22nd January 2013, 01:02 PM
That would make sense for those going '2-up'.
As I'm probably going to be on my tod :frown: it doesn't make much difference to me. Would have been more incentive if they made it £15 per car and the first passenger free... :idunno:

My thoughts exactly

Duncan Stewart
22nd January 2013, 05:18 PM
Not been before but go on we will give it a try - me and my mate Colin.

MINI William
22nd January 2013, 09:17 PM
Not been before but go on we will give it a try - me and my mate Colin.

Added Duncan

jossm1
22nd January 2013, 11:55 PM
count me in :)

T5LLC
22nd January 2013, 11:58 PM
nice one joss :)

MINI William
23rd January 2013, 10:18 AM
count me in :)

Added Joss

T5LLC
23rd January 2013, 12:23 PM
think Bryce is keen for this too. should have his new mini by then he says

MINI William
23rd January 2013, 12:50 PM
think Bryce is keen for this too. should have his new mini by then he says

No worries Leanne. Who is Bryce? and just to be nosey what MINI is he getting?

23rd January 2013, 07:27 PM
Bryce was at Liam's mystery tour in a laser blue? - unless it's a different Bryce!

T5LLC
23rd January 2013, 08:05 PM
yeah that's him Joanna but sadly it was written off by some silly guy in the rain. he told me last night, happened back in November. he's getting 13 plate cooper s with JCW kit again like before but is gutted he can't get lazer blue

stoney
23rd January 2013, 08:13 PM
Christine will be with me this year :D

MINI William
23rd January 2013, 08:45 PM
Bryce was at Liam's mystery tour in a laser blue? - unless it's a different Bryce!

yeah that's him Joanna but sadly it was written off by some silly guy in the rain. he told me last night, happened back in November. he's getting 13 plate cooper s with JCW kit again like before but is gutted he can't get lazer blue

Know who you mean now. List is now updated. Strangely doesn't let me edit posts at work.

Christine will be with me this year :D

Thats good someone to keep Megan company

23rd January 2013, 10:25 PM

oh I'm sorry to hear that, that's not good at all :sad: I hope he was unhurt though

jonnie
26th January 2013, 09:36 PM
Can you put me and mags down for this pls if there's still spaces

MINI William
27th January 2013, 10:24 AM
Can you put me and mags down for this pls if there's still spaces
Added

Superjay92
27th January 2013, 11:54 PM
Put me down please. Ill be there :thumbs up:

MINI William
28th January 2013, 01:42 PM
Put me down please. Ill be there :thumbs up:

Added

bodyshop23
30th January 2013, 07:30 PM
Hi can you please add myself and passenger to the list.
Thanks

ELFMAN
31st January 2013, 01:37 PM
Hi can you please add myself and passenger to the list. Thanks

Nae wheelspins in the mud on the way out this time please! :ragin: :smilewinkgrin:

William, can you make me a 'defo' for this now! TA :thumbs up:

bodyshop23
31st January 2013, 02:23 PM
Hopefully there won't be any mud this time.

ELFMAN
31st January 2013, 02:35 PM
Hopefully there won't be any mud this time.

Nah, some of it's still on my hat and Stoney's GP!!! :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
31st January 2013, 10:02 PM
Hi can you please add myself and passenger to the list.
Thanks

Added

Nae wheelspins in the mud on the way out this time please! :ragin: :smilewinkgrin:

William, can you make me a 'defo' for this now! TA :thumbs up:

Nah, some of it's still on my hat and Stoney's GP!!! :smilewinkgrin:

Changed Euan and PMSL

- - - Updated - - -

I think that 14 cars is enough for this. I'll start a reserve list so if anyone pulls out someone can slip in. I need all monies to me by Friday 22nd of March failure todo this will result in you being removed from the list. Any money is NON REFUNDABLE.

Im happy for people to pay me at the run on the 3rd of March or people to post a cheque. Anyway who want a cheque can you PM me and I will send you my address.

stoney
31st January 2013, 11:29 PM
No prob will sort u out soon mate ;)

MINI William
1st February 2013, 10:01 AM
No prob will sort u out soon mate ;)

No probs

T5LLC
6th February 2013, 06:51 PM
I need to pull out guys- got an indoor spot so took it :) I'll still come visit and bring some goodies to eat :)

6th February 2013, 06:56 PM
cool! you might want to come and see us anyway to get away from the headache inducing beat and frantic dancing girls that are inside! :shut up: Always welcome m'dear, there will be a ton of food, glasses on and you might even recognise us :p :smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
6th February 2013, 07:29 PM
I need to pull out guys- got an indoor spot so took it :) I'll still come visit and bring some goodies to eat :)
No worries Leanne

T5LLC
6th February 2013, 07:29 PM
cool! you might want to come and see us anyway to get away from the headache inducing beat and frantic dancing girls that are inside! :shut up: Always welcome m'dear, there will be a ton of food, glasses on and you might even recognise us :p :smilewinkgrin:

I just quite like the idea of my car being inside flying the mini flag as there wasn't any inside last year except one getting wrapped. don't worry I will recognise everyone (I will try remember and wear my glasses lol) failing that just shout at me haha

6th February 2013, 08:20 PM
I just quite like the idea of my car being inside flying the mini flag as there wasn't any inside last year except one getting wrapped. don't worry I will recognise everyone (I will try remember and wear my glasses lol) failing that just shout at me haha

Course! And we will all come and admire Macy :yes nod: I think there was a GP inside last year.

Shouting worked last time so I won't hesitate ;)

ELFMAN
7th February 2013, 02:45 PM
I need to pull out guys- got an indoor spot so took it

I'll give you 30mins with that bleedin' "Max Power Show" racket :shut up: :frown: I've done Motorhead and AC/DC at Glasgow Apollo no problem - but they were a GOOD NOISE :yes nod:
You'd be better off out in the fresh air with us plebs :smilewinkgrin: AND we're always right next to the BBQ :yes: :drool:

jonnie
7th February 2013, 08:23 PM
will pay up on the 3rd if thats cool.

MINI William
7th February 2013, 11:03 PM
will pay up on the 3rd if thats cool.
Totally fine.

MINI William
3rd March 2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you to all that paid today. Can we try and get monies to me ASAP please.

stoney
4th March 2013, 08:26 AM
Come on peeps take advantage of the cheap tickets won't be around for much longer good show good banter and lots of lovely food :lol: ( and that's no joke )

Craig
4th March 2013, 09:08 AM
So pissed off I'm missing this. I'll be driving up from Southampton instead of enjoying the nice food and looking at cool cars :(

MINI William
4th March 2013, 11:01 AM
List now updated with people that have paid in red. Can Jossm1, Bryce and superjay92 please let me know whats your plans for getting money to me. I will give you until Thursday 7th March to contact me and if I havent had comunication from you, you will be removed from the list.

4th March 2013, 11:55 PM
hi William, sorry totally swamped just now - think I've got your address somewhere can send you a cheque. Or if you were up for it I could online transfer if you like :thumbs up:

Stewart
5th March 2013, 12:06 AM
hi William, sorry totally swamped just now - think I've got your address somewhere can send you a cheque. Or if you were up for it I could online transfer if you like :thumbs up:

Decided not to miss out on all the MINI fun and in the same boat.

Just sent back the Pm I sent earlier. All this tech and we are still sending paper ;)

MINI William
5th March 2013, 12:08 AM

Cheque is fine Joanna. Let me know if you need my address again

MINI William
6th March 2013, 07:35 PM
Stewart cheque received today

Stewart
6th March 2013, 10:34 PM
Cheers!

MINI William
11th March 2013, 12:08 AM
Jossm1 Bryce and superjay now removed.

The only person pending payment is Joanna. As soon as I get get all money I can send away our entry form for the show.

jossm1
11th March 2013, 12:48 AM
Jossm1 Bryce and superjay now removed.

The only person pending payment is Joanna. As soon as I get get all money I can send away our entry form for the show.

hi , i dont really come on nms. so ive just noticed this. can i send you the money via paypal william? sorry Joss

p.s whats a cheque book. i dont have one of them Haha..

11th March 2013, 01:04 AM
damn sorry. I haven't lifted my head from the computer all weekend, working. Would you mind online transfer I can do that much more easily and quickly.

MINI William
13th March 2013, 04:05 PM
hi , i dont really come on nms. so ive just noticed this. can i send you the money via paypal william? sorry Joss

p.s whats a cheque book. i dont have one of them Haha..

Joss can you get money to me by Friday night?

MINI William
18th March 2013, 08:21 PM
Money received today Joss. JOANNA we are waiting on you now.

18th March 2013, 10:10 PM
it went in the post on sat.

MINI William
20th March 2013, 10:40 AM
it went in the post on sat.

Thanks Joanna should get it today then

20th March 2013, 10:57 AM
strange you should have had it by now, I even stretched to a first class stamp.

MINI William
20th March 2013, 11:39 AM
strange you should have had it by now, I even stretched to a first class stamp.

Nope not got it. Was the same with Joss, he sent on the Thursday and never got it until the Monday. Post Office must be on a go slow

MINI William
20th March 2013, 08:06 PM
Cheque came today Joanna

MINI William
22nd March 2013, 11:32 AM
Entry form sent in the post this morning. I can start a reserve list if anyone pulls out.

Craig
2nd April 2013, 05:04 PM
I see the venue has been changed to the SECC.... BBQ might be an issue now !!

MINI William
2nd April 2013, 05:23 PM
Just got an email about this was just coming on to post up.

MINI William
2nd April 2013, 06:54 PM
Right as above I have had an email from the organisers today stating that the venue for this years show has been changed to the SECC. Is everyone happy with this I need answers ASAP. This will mean an earlier start for most I know but sadly I have only found out today and will mean no BBQ and poss loud music even with the show being split between the 5 halls at the SECC.

stoney
2nd April 2013, 08:32 PM
We will still go there is a good few places round the secc to eat as well :)

weefossy
2nd April 2013, 09:39 PM
Anyone got a microwave that works from a car battery? We can still have a good "pickinic basket Yogi" even with cold food. I'm up for it. Can we try and get a position away from the eppi centre of the music?

stoney
2nd April 2013, 09:50 PM
Anyone got a microwave that works from a car battery? We can still have a good "pickinic basket Yogi" even with cold food. I'm up for it. Can we try and get a position away from the eppi centre of the music?

True :D

there are some NICE places to eat around the secc after show :D as we all know how good moms picnics are :)

2nd April 2013, 09:52 PM
less petrol for me and more time in bed!! :whoohoo: yes I'll still go. Hopefully the music won't be a problem that's my only concern really. I am quite sure we can still have more food than any other stand whatever we come up with. And we won't have gazebo wind issues. Pros and cons for me so not bothered. I may seriously take some earplugs in case the music is as bad as last year. those wee foam ones can be put half in so you can still hear but the edge is taken off. I work opposite the venue so know the area pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

there are some NICE places to eat around the secc after show :D as we all know how good moms picnics are :)

I couldn't eat for at least 24 hours after the amount consumed at Ingliston :lol:

Stewart
2nd April 2013, 10:38 PM
That’s some change, so how does that work is everything now inside? Dam I was looking forward to plonking the car outside and chilling with the NMS crew in the Sun.:sad:

Craig
2nd April 2013, 10:49 PM
Yeah 5 halls being used so All inside from what I understand ...

MINI William
2nd April 2013, 10:58 PM
Yes all inside now. We can still go outside if its sunny and have our picnic

cuddles
3rd April 2013, 08:31 AM
am sure MUM ONE AND MUM TWO will make sure there is lots of food lol xx

Duncan Stewart
3rd April 2013, 09:03 AM
Big change, that doesn't sound good to me. Shame

ELFMAN
3rd April 2013, 09:16 AM
Just read this. That's a bummer - most of the fun was the fab BBQ and the Windy Wobbly Gazebo Erection! :blush: (it's never happened before...) Will still go for the NMS company and banter, and at least I won't get sunburned this time.

Not great being stuck in a hall with (probably) 'Music for Morons' blasting yer lugs though...
I'LL BRING SOME ZEPPELIN as an antidote! :shut up: :thumbs up:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes all inside now. We can still go outside if its sunny and have our picnic

Only prob with that is that the cars will be INSIDE while we're OUTSIDE - unless we do it in shifts...

weefossy
3rd April 2013, 08:40 PM
I'm sure they can't stop us having a pickinic basket out of the back of The Van? Anyway, by the time this event comes round, BMW will have launched a " Mini Campervan" and we can all sit in there. Paul is sure to buy one. :p

MINI William
3rd April 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm sure they can't stop us having a pickinic basket out of the back of The Van? Anyway, by the time this event comes round, BMW will have launched a " Mini Campervan" and we can all sit in there. Paul is sure to buy one. :p

We sure can still have our picnic. So far the only thing we can't do is have a BBQ so the vast majority of our enjoyment is still intact. Will mean an early start as I would assume that we will still need to be there for 8ish. So as long as everyone is happy which they appear to be we shall carry on as planned.

Stewart
3rd April 2013, 10:13 PM
At that time in the Morning its a 15 min drive for me so thats a plus.

You just know its going to be the warmest day of the year :smilewinkgrin:

4th April 2013, 10:50 AM
everything stew said. I'm relieved about the late start and petrol costs but disappointed about the lack of daylight and steak! I also won't get lost going home as last year I couldn't for the life of me find the M8!!

ELFMAN
4th April 2013, 10:07 PM
So as long as everyone is happy which they appear to be we shall carry on as planned.
I'd be happy with six months paid holiday and a woman who dug Prog Rock and wee bald guys, but an indoor picnic will have to do :zimbo:

Duncan Stewart
7th April 2013, 08:22 PM
Had a chat with Colin today and we have decided not to go. The new arrangements just don't appeal to us.
I realise we probably can't get back the money we already paid, happy for someone else to take our place.
Hope those going have a good time :D

MINI William
7th April 2013, 09:39 PM
Not a problem Duncan. Thanks for letting me know

10th April 2013, 10:58 AM
I am considering getting some show plates - even just totally blank ones - I can't be bothered thinking of something clever to put on them! but they would need to be really cheap as I'm frankly broke. Where / how much?

stoney
10th April 2013, 12:53 PM
Jo why not get new mini Scotland put on them ?? Have a search on line and you will find loads of go and see your local garage for them ;)

10th April 2013, 01:10 PM
yes I'd thought I might do that. Is there anything I need to look for/avoid? I guess not really as not going on the road - how do you all fix them on - blu tack?!

Stewart
10th April 2013, 02:26 PM
Thinking I will take my original plates and just reverse them showing the rear blank and blue tack them on.

stoney
10th April 2013, 03:27 PM
Yep blue tack or cable ties ;) I use cable ties as it stays on that way :D

Jamie1875
20th June 2013, 09:31 PM
Any spaces left?

MINI William
20th June 2013, 09:50 PM
Any spaces left?

Hi there maybe. Jossm1 has sold his MINI and I don't know what his next car is. If he doesn't have a MINI then yes there will be a space left. I will add you to the reserve list, please keep checking for an update

MINI William
21st June 2013, 08:00 PM
I've had an email from the Car Show asking for me to provide Car Owner Name, Phone number, Model, Colour and Reg Plate. This is for health and safety reasons so that if they need to contact anyone during the day they can. Can everyone please provide me with the details by Friday 28th June so I can get these details sent away, failure to do this will result in you not being able to gain access to the event and the reserve will take your spot.

T5LLC
22nd June 2013, 11:55 AM
Joss hasn't bought a new car yet.. not even sure it will be another mini tbh

MINI William
22nd June 2013, 02:09 PM
Joss hasn't bought a new car yet.. not even sure it will be another mini tbh
Thanks for the update Leanne

MINI William
24th June 2013, 10:42 AM
Can I get some updates please for those not marked in green.

bodyshop23
24th June 2013, 02:33 PM
Reserve can take my place, not interested in going to this now.

MINI William
24th June 2013, 03:43 PM
Reserve can take my place, not interested in going to this now.

No problems.

Jamie thats you added

Anyone else wanting to be added the reserve list?

ELFMAN
25th June 2013, 04:48 PM
PM'd You William. Sorry, but unfortunately I can't make this now :sad:
My space is paid for, so if anyone wants to go, they can have a 'freebie' on me :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
25th June 2013, 05:27 PM
Typical I'd have been up for this but just bought Weller tickets for same day now .. Damn knew I should've held out for a space !! :(

ELFMAN
25th June 2013, 05:55 PM
Typical I'd have been up for this but just bought Weller tickets for same day now .. Damn knew I should've held out for a space !! :(

Sorry Davy, just one of these unpredictable things... :sad:

stoney
26th June 2013, 07:27 AM
That's a shame Elfman :(

ELFMAN
26th June 2013, 11:16 AM
That's a shame Elfman :(

Cheers Rob, family stuff - nothing serious, just bad timing again... :argh: When you have no siblings (painful :blink:) there's nobody else to step in.
Really hoping to get to East Fortune now though! :thumbs up:

weefossy
26th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Guys are pulling out as well; big sorry, as it's something I really don't like to do, but we have been asked to go to Brittany for a week, to see the new house our Birmingham friends are building. Which means I'll be lugging bricks about for the week, but it will be good fun.....Doh!
As with Euan, anyone is welcome to use our tickets. Apologies again.

MINI William
27th June 2013, 10:38 AM
Guys are pulling out as well; big sorry, as it's something I really don't like to do, but we have been asked to go to Brittany for a week, to see the new house our Birmingham friends are building. Which means I'll be lugging bricks about for the week, but it will be good fun.....Doh!
As with Euan, anyone is welcome to use our tickets. Apologies again.

Not a problem Malcolm. Thanks for letting me know.

I will update the list on first post tonight

MINI William
27th June 2013, 02:00 PM
I have PM'ed the people that I am awaiting details from. Can we get our finger out and get these to me please.

On another note is there anyone else interested in the show?

jossm1
27th June 2013, 04:57 PM
sorry not been on here for a while, pm'd

jonnie
27th June 2013, 06:37 PM
pm'd the info.

MINI William
27th June 2013, 07:09 PM
sorry not been on here for a while, pm'd
Pmed back

pm'd the info.

Thanks Jonnie

There are spaces left for the show let me know if your interested.

28th June 2013, 02:55 PM
I've had an email from the Car Show asking for me to provide Car Owner Name, Phone number, Model, Colour and Reg Plate. This is for health and safety reasons so that if they need to contact anyone during the day they can. Can everyone please provide me with the details by Friday 28th June so I can get these details sent away, failure to do this will result in you not being able to gain access to the event and the reserve will take your spot.

HIIIIII! :bigwave: I'm still alive ;) not checked in for weeks I am sorry, Mum was here then working all hours, house stuff, thinking there must be loads to catch up on so I'll do it when I have more time...do that later....will check in later.... and later... :frown: weeks have passed I think. Anyway, never fear.
Now... I just looked at the first post and my thought was :wtf: WHAAAAAT?? I thought it was a week earlier. :oops: I also had no concept that we were nearly in July already :unsure:
I haven't nailed down my dates totally but I think that is going to clash with a holiday visiting friends :unsure:. Between us we were pretty restricted on dates.

So I don't know what to do now. You need to send this stuff off. I guess there are two options, I give you details and maybe don't end up making it, or I pull out due to uncertainty and someone else can go. If it's someone I like I might not ask them for the tenner :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

edit: aw no I see a few of the old guard have also had to pull out. busy busy lives, I have never ever had a year as mad, brilliant, hard work, life changing, stressful and fun as this last year! And I haven't washed the car once.
:dance::sunny: :phew: :chicken: :dizzy: :clap:

MINI William
30th June 2013, 07:42 PM
We have 4 car spaces left. Anyone looking to attended?

weefossy
1st July 2013, 11:59 AM
William, slight change of plan, if possible? We are still going to France, but we are taking The Van, so that I can load up tools etc. However, can you keep one of our tickets for Neil, as will be onshore in time to go to the SECC. He will drive The Beast. He will probably bring Niamh and Erin with him. Hope that all makes sense?

D3 JDA
1st July 2013, 08:03 PM
Hi William can u put Fiona and myself down for this we can go after all just message me with any details or money we need to send cheers

MINI William
1st July 2013, 08:10 PM
William, slight change of plan, if possible? We are still going to France, but we are taking The Van, so that I can load up tools etc. However, can you keep one of our tickets for Neil, as will be onshore in time to go to the SECC. He will drive The Beast. He will probably bring Niamh and Erin with him. Hope that all makes sense?

Hi William can u put Fiona and myself down for this we can go after all just message me with any details or money we need to send cheers

fantastic news news both. I've updated the list

Stewart
1st July 2013, 08:26 PM
Nice one, nice to meet fossy JR and see Davids new toy. :thumbs up:

MINI William
1st July 2013, 08:40 PM
Just waiting on the tickets/wristbands coming through. We will meet at HermistonGate for the Edinburgh/East people (TimeTBC) and then meet the Glasgow/West people at The Showcase Cinema I know everyone in the world will be meeting at these places but they are the easiest place to meet.

Jamie1875
1st July 2013, 09:20 PM
Sounds good to me

ELFMAN
2nd July 2013, 01:10 PM
Glad you're getting some of the spaces filled William :thumbs up: - still feel a bit naff for letting you down! :sad:

MINI William
2nd July 2013, 06:52 PM
Glad you're getting some of the spaces filled William :thumbs up: - still feel a bit naff for letting you down! :sad:

Don't worry about it. But if you still feel bad your space is still there :smilewinkgrin:

S21sbc
3rd July 2013, 10:25 PM
Just joined the forum yesterday, am already on a stand with a local club for all types of performance cars. Will drop in see ya all there be nice to meet folk

MINI William
4th July 2013, 08:51 PM
Ok got a few updates for the Show. All cars must have no more than a 1/4 tank of fuel and a drip tray must be placed under the car, bin bags are acceptable to use, not that I can see oil dripping from any of our car but for an easy life please bring your own. I have had times confirmed for getting in so can we meet at Hermiston Gate at 7AM to leave at 710AM to meet at The Showcase Cinema at 745Am to head to the SECC at 755. Early start I know but I'm expecting the SECC to be a nightmare to get into.

Stewart
4th July 2013, 09:57 PM
Thank god I’m off to Crieff next week as I do sod all miles and have a full tank just now. It’s a couple of weeks away so should be sound. Probably easiest just to meet up at the Showcase although it’s a ten minute drive on Sunday morning to the SSEC for me. So I’m actually going the scenic route by twenty miles to get there.

Either that or I was going just to park up at the Transport or Science Museums and if someone could have text me or FB me I come round to the SSEC as both are five minutes away if that by car.

MINI William
5th July 2013, 02:51 PM
Thank god I’m off to Crieff next week as I do sod all miles and have a full tank just now. It’s a couple of weeks away so should be sound. Probably easiest just to meet up at the Showcase although it’s a ten minute drive on Sunday morning to the SSEC for me. So I’m actually going the scenic route by twenty miles to get there.

Either that or I was going just to park up at the Transport or Science Museums and if someone could have text me or FB me I come round to the SSEC as both are five minutes away if that by car.

I would prefer if we were all meeting as a group and then heading in. As we experienced last year people were driving like idiots to get in the show and Stoney ended up getting slpit from the group which ment we had to pullover and wait for him to get in.

Stewart
5th July 2013, 06:20 PM
At that time on a Sunday its no prob's. Will be at the Cinema at the time given.

MINI William
16th July 2013, 09:30 AM
Not long now. I will send a PM to everyone tonight with my number just incase there are any problems on the day.

MINI William
16th July 2013, 11:07 PM
Jamie,Jonnie, Iain and Stewart I have pmed you my number everyone else should have it. If not let me know. Malcolm can you pass my number on to Neil please.

weefossy
17th July 2013, 08:30 PM
William, Neil cant make the show on Sunday. Apologies but he is committed to doing something else at the weekend. Just found out today when he arrived home. Anyone else is welcome to the tickets.

MINI William
17th July 2013, 08:55 PM
William, Neil cant make the show on Sunday. Apologies but he is committed to doing something else at the weekend. Just found out today when he arrived home. Anyone else is welcome to the tickets.

No bother Malcolm

MINI William
18th July 2013, 09:10 PM
So who's has started cleaning the car then?

Stewart
18th July 2013, 10:17 PM
Right now it’s covered in fly's from last Tuesdays Crieff run taking the scenic route past Greig’s over the Pass etc.:frown: So the wee Car is looking like it needs a wash. I’ll wash it on Saturday when the drive is in the shade later on. Windows and trim need a going over to say the least.

Also while your on would a small try sitting under the sump, thinking of using one of my seed trays that does not have any holes. Demension wise Length 38cm, Width 24cm etc
http://www.webbsdirect.co.uk/images/products/medium/5782.jpg

Just thought it would be easier than a plastic bag. :confused:

Looking forward to it, it could be a blessing being inside in this weather if it had been out side I’d have been on factor 30 all day :cool:

And yes I bet everyone did not ever expect to see a seed try on here.:smilewinkgrin:

MINI William
18th July 2013, 10:23 PM
Right now it’s covered in fly's from last Tuesdays Crieff run taking the scenic route past Greig’s over the Pass etc.:frown: So the wee Car is looking like it needs a wash. I’ll wash it on Saturday when the drive is in the shade later on. Windows and trim need a going over to say the least.

Also while your on would a small try sitting under the sump, thinking of using one of my seed trays that does not have any holes. Demension wise Length 38cm, Width 24cm etc
http://www.webbsdirect.co.uk/images/products/medium/5782.jpg

Just thought it would be easier than a plastic bag. :confused:

Looking forward to it, it could be a blessing being inside in this weather if it had been out side I’d have been on factor 30 all day :cool:

And yes I bet everyone did not ever expect to see a seed try on here.:smilewinkgrin:

Stewart your seed tray will be fine. I'm leaving my trim until we are there give me something to do

Stewart
18th July 2013, 10:40 PM
Showcase Cinema at 7:45Am - It's a 20 min drive for me so I'll just leave after 7am.

Sounds like a plan. I’ll just stand watching you do your trim:blush:, it will give me something to do….. I had to put in five litres of petrol today, not done that since I was young and trying to cover up where I’d been in my dad’s Volvo….:Whistle: (ah those were the days) petrol was about 50p a ltr :sheep: if that.

MINI William
19th July 2013, 10:09 PM
I got the wrist bands through today. Can everyone make sure that they have a drip tray with them. I can't ask or stress enough that everyone is on time on Sunday morning if you are late we will leave without you and you will not be able to gain access to the show by yourself.

Jamie1875
19th July 2013, 10:52 PM
Is a bin liner ok? Can't wait until Sunday, tomorrow the cleaning begins......

MINI William
19th July 2013, 11:03 PM
Is a bin liner ok? Can't wait until Sunday, tomorrow the cleaning begins......

Sure is Jamie.

S21sbc
20th July 2013, 11:25 PM
Will look for the stand tomoz my car will be on the b-Spoc (border sports and performance owners club) stand as was committed to that stand before joining here. Look forward to hopefully meetin ya's tomoz

stoney
21st July 2013, 10:22 AM
We are here safe and sound all parked up even blamed a table :)

Jamie1875
21st July 2013, 07:31 PM
Excellent day, thanks to everyone for making us so welcome, great bunch of people :)

badwolf340
21st July 2013, 07:54 PM
as said great day ,,,,,as usual NMS peeps overcomed the problems and made the day worthwill ,good to see new faces :thumbs up:

DarnShiv
21st July 2013, 07:59 PM
As above, brilliant day out. Gregor really enjoyed seeing all the cars, although I am sure he was eyeing some of the scantilly dressed girls;) William, many thanks for organising. Looking forward to East Fortune. :thumbs up:

Stewart
21st July 2013, 08:11 PM
Another great day with the mini crew, as usual the cars you lot have are stunning. Having such a great spot gave us a nice place to chill and call our own to venture out. I don’t think my compact likes indoor light it has to be said even on the best setting I could find there not great. But here is a taste of what was there.

Thanks again William for the effort and you your Mum for the nibbles. Always appreciated.:smilewinkgrin: Some of the MINI’s at the front probably missed what looked like open season after my poor we car left the hall. I don’t think everyone fancied our special – “let the MINI’s out the hall first” I had what could be described as a anarchy behind and some crackers of looks.:moonie::whiteflag::phew:

Great fun all the same to see all the new cars I’d not see yet.:thumbs up: and nice to represent NMS at the show and fly the flag! :scotlandflag:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS3_zps7bfc79ac.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS1_zps823c999c.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS2_zpsa50d9f95.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS5_zpsfa3e4fc0.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS6_zps633db256.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS7_zpsc7cb1826.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS4_zps9aa0f46d.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS8_zpsce66efad.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS9_zpsa041a3e0.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS10_zpsef1bc662.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS12_zpsfcc209af.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS13_zpsdda87cc1.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS14_zps896fb930.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS16_zps5a9331fb.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS17_zps4733a8e2.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS20_zps8df6b713.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS22_zpsef90955d.jpg

S21sbc
21st July 2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the welcome although I wasn't on stand look forward to future events

Alex
21st July 2013, 09:14 PM
The stand looked really good! (Hence why I signed up this evening when I got home!) Was good to see so many Mini's about today, certainly given me ideas for what to do with mine!

Stavy
21st July 2013, 09:36 PM
Great day out and was good to meet everybody thanks for letting me come along

stoney
22nd July 2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks for setting all this up William we had a good day enjoyed it

Nice to meet the new faces hope to see some more at the next shows and runs ;)

MINI William
22nd July 2013, 08:27 AM
Had a great day yesterday and thanks to all the made it to the show. It was good to see new faces Jamie and Iain which I hope we will see at some events in the future. I will get some photos up later of the stand.

It would appear that the show was a great success for getting NNS out there as we have got a new member already and all cars were constantly in a flood of camera flashes.

EcosseGP
22nd July 2013, 10:16 AM
Glad you all had a good time but for what it's worth I met a few folk last night that were at the show and all spoke very highly of the stand and cars on display. A credit to you all. (They did give a special mention to the GP2 though ;);))

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Stewart
22nd July 2013, 11:19 AM
The cars did look great starting with the joint assault of the Two GP2 then a flood of red Works with the Coupe, Hatch, Clubman. The two Cooper S and my wee Coop. Considering some of the Cars on show ( yes the girl with the shag pile carpet car):frown::smilewinkgrin: after I seen it I felt a lot better about just bringing my Coop but then that’s the point NMS is about everyone just enjoying the MINI’s and I hope that showed. It was a very respectable line up but yes I’m glad to have had the ever impressive GP’s showing MINI can mix with the best of them.

But would everyone stop buying fantastic Works cars........:ragin::smilewinkgrin:
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS23_zps95482966.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS24_zpsb372c77b.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS28_zps41087cab.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS29_zpseaf693fd.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS26_zps2b0c00ec.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS25_zpsfe25ece2.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS11_zps1ad19d21.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS15_zpsd970e3f3.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS18_zps74b0ed21.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS19_zps920e2953.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS21_zpsb1ec6880.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS27_zps95526de6.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS30_zps6ff66f46.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS32_zps19045faa.jpg

And Miss with her spoiler up :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/CS31_zpsbebf48ea.jpg

ELFMAN
22nd July 2013, 01:12 PM
:thumbs up: :cool: Fine turn-out guys! The stand looks great with a varied selection of MINIs - now I don't feel quite so bad that I couldn't make it! :smilewinkgrin:
BTW I spent the day in a flurry of 'Multiple Relative-Ferrying' to a Sunday Lunch and finally weeding our garden. Then I fell over:thud:

EcosseGP
22nd July 2013, 01:17 PM
That brown clubby looks amazing ... Who's is that ?

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Stewart
22nd July 2013, 01:29 PM
The Brown one was just at the show, there was a good few MINI's and Classic’s with Cruse\ Car clubs and company stands out with our NMS group.

Alex
22nd July 2013, 01:45 PM
Some shots from the show, shockingly I never got any of the MINI's though...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrlex/sets/72157634742122301/

D3 JDA
22nd July 2013, 10:11 PM
Glad we could come to the show after all great day all in thanks to William for organising everything and nice to meet new faces:thumbs up::cool::hand:

MINI William
24th July 2013, 11:08 AM
Not had a chance to get my pictures up.