PDA

View Full Version : Any Go Pro Users?

Gismo
13th January 2013, 08:41 AM
As it says, do we have any Go Pro users in NMS?

I've got a bunch of vouchers for my local store and have been interested in a Go Pro for a long time, however, reading the online reviews the latest version is absolutely slammed , citing poor battery life, wi-fi wont switch off and laggy video.

So, based on this, i won't be purchasing it, however, if anyone has any real time reviews on it can you share your expeience good and obviously the bad.

My main use will be on the motorbike and jet ski

MINIme:)
13th January 2013, 12:30 PM
what is it? :unsure:

Craig
13th January 2013, 01:12 PM
Chris Knox bought the new version 3 recently. I just use my video camera and a suction mount in the car, but that's not much use for the motorbike or jet ski ;)

Craig
13th January 2013, 01:13 PM
what is it? :unsure:

It's a compact video camera for use by thrill seekers. No idea why Alan wants one .... :moonie: :lol:

Gismo
13th January 2013, 01:24 PM
It's a compact video camera for use by thrill seekers. No idea why Alan wants one .... :moonie: :lol::lol: :moonie:

Big Gordy
13th January 2013, 04:09 PM
Ross has 2 Alan and he raves about them :thumbs up:
I've had one of them attached to my helmet whilst motocrossing and it lasted all day, battery wise, and gave great video and sound coverage. It even survived me crashing after being taken out by 2 other guys :ragin: so they're tough as well. I'd get the tethering system, which he has, as it did become detached from my helmet after the impact. I bought him the wi-fi pack for them for his christmas. If you have anything specific you want to know I'll ask him:smilewinkgrin:

weefossy
13th January 2013, 06:56 PM
Alan, Neil has the Go Pro 2 and we have had great results with it. We used it in Tenerife last year, arround the pool and at the waterpark. It worked a treat, especially under the water. I noticed that Gordon Buchanan used one in his recent programme about polar bears. Don't know what the GP3 is like.

Gismo
13th January 2013, 07:20 PM
I was really curious about the 3 and its battery life, it gets a real slagging in the online reviews, plus it freezes a lot, lags and you have to remove the battery to turn it off

Big Gordy
14th January 2013, 08:36 AM
Should have said...its the GoPro 2's Ross has. Gets about 3hrs battery life he says.

Gismo
14th January 2013, 10:07 AM
Should have said...its the GoPro 2's Ross has. Gets about 3hrs battery life he says.Cheers Gordy :thumbs up:

MINIme:)
14th January 2013, 09:07 PM
It's a compact video camera for use by thrill seekers. No idea why Alan wants one .... :moonie: :lol:

:lol: