PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Recall

MINIme:)
11th January 2013, 02:27 PM
Just had a wee call from Vardys to say that there is a new recall on 2011 Ones, Coopers and Countrymans.
It is a temperature gauge fault that affects some cars apparently. She said it wasn't a safety concern so I'm a couple of weeks away from my booking. I'm sure anyone affected will be contacted but just a heads up. ;)

Gismo
11th January 2013, 02:28 PM
My Countryman has already had the recall, great service from my dealer :thumbs up:

gauldrymini
11th January 2013, 02:36 PM
Is it just petrol versions or all versions? Not heard anything yet about my Countryman:idunno:

Craig
11th January 2013, 02:42 PM
Jude's is going in on Fri next week for the recall ;)

gauldrymini
11th January 2013, 02:58 PM
So that is all petrol versions so far...

ELFMAN
11th January 2013, 04:06 PM
So that is all petrol versions so far...

It might not be a TOTAL RECALL then...

3922 "DAMN THAT TEMPERATURE GAUGE!"

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2013, 05:12 PM
Didn't realise this was on Countrymans too. Just called Vardy and ours needs the temp sensor and water pump. On a recall for both. :o

Booked in. :thumbs up:

A. :D

Gismo
11th January 2013, 05:25 PM
I'd wonder why they never called you

KenL
11th January 2013, 07:01 PM
I got the call today, booked for the end of the month.

It is not urgent so no problem driving the car.

Wonder what I will get as a courtesy car this time?

Gismo
11th January 2013, 07:15 PM
Should only take about 40 mins, you'd save more time waiting for it

Craig
11th January 2013, 07:50 PM
You would think so Alan, but the car has to be there minimum 4 hours :thud:

KenL
11th January 2013, 08:12 PM
The are unlikely to do it straight away. I've taken a car to dealers for a half hour job and been there two hours!

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2013, 08:52 PM
I'd wonder why they never called you

Wasn't really for Vardy to call us to be honest Alan. We bought the car from Cooper Durham so it would be for them to call us. They haven't yet but even Vardy are still working their way through their list. So, maybe we were due to be called.

Vardy's told us they need the car for 4 hrs too. Two jobs to do mind, temp sensor and water pump.

A.

11th January 2013, 10:05 PM
yep they said they needed a 4 hour slot and they only just called 2 mins before I posted so I don't think people need to panic if they haven't been reached on their dealer's list yet. I have to go on a sat and they are only open 4 hours. Sounds like not all cars affected but need to check them. Not sure anyway, it's feb before I'll be done so 3 weeks yet. You can all fill me in by then!
She didn't say whether it was diesels as well, I only quizzed about models and ages.
Sadly no courtesy cars on sat though so am wondering if I can bribe / ask nicely to John for a wee run around for the morning :motoring: :angel: we shall see though, I'll be impressed if he is willing and able to give me a 4 hr test drive ;) :lol: but I'm sure I can cope with a bus into town if not! Worst case scenario, the view out their back window could keep me transfixed for a few hours! :blink:

is the water pump just a countryman thing maybe? She didn't mention that.

Gismo
12th January 2013, 04:51 AM
I only got the temp sensor, no water pump, hence my 40 mins, not worried either way, the car is a lease and it's also covered by the warranty
I'm so used to being dealt with immediately when i take a vehicle in, i did both mine and Julie's Dodge last time home, you simply drive in, a guy checks you in at your car and then it takes off, you go for a cuppa and lo and behold your car is being worked on and is returned virtually to the minute they say it will take.

In the UK you take your car in as early as possible only for it to sit in a queue until someone' else's car is finished and then they get to your car :lol:
I know which service i prefer :Whistle:

weefossy
12th January 2013, 09:52 PM
Our Van is in on Tuesday, just for the sensor

Craig
18th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Car was in a Vardys today. Job done, great service and Brian and Paul in MINI sales were superb as always. Had a wee test drive and went to see Mum and Dad. Tea and cake then back to Vardys.

Great way to spend an afternoon off work ;)

18th January 2013, 09:49 PM
how long did it actually take craig? I've a few weeks wait yet as I could only do a saturday.

Craig
18th January 2013, 10:55 PM
Hmm - they told me it had to be mon to Fri ?!?!?!

No idea, I just left it with them for the 4 hrs ;)

weefossy
18th January 2013, 11:34 PM
Great wee test drive Craig, it was good to see how the Countryman performed in the snow. ;) Visitors are always welcome to North Berwick.
We also had The Beast in at Vardy's this week for a Warranty check and the service was great. Sorted out all the little things before the warranty runs out. Hard to believe The Beast is 3 years old, never had a car that long.

18th January 2013, 11:44 PM
Hmm - they told me it had to be mon to Fri ?!?!?!

oh well :scratch: it is only open for 4 hrs on sat though so not ideal. And I did have to wait several weeks.

So was it good in the snow? what model were you in?

Craig
18th January 2013, 11:47 PM
Eh well,

It made it out of the car park......

Eventually ! :lol:

That's more down to the tyres than the car tbh... ;)

Great fun tho Malcolm eh ;)

18th January 2013, 11:47 PM
all4?

Craig
18th January 2013, 11:48 PM
oh well :scratch: it is only open for 4 hrs on sat though so not ideal. And I did have to wait several weeks.

So was it good in the snow? what model were you in?

Yeah, but if they had said I could have done Sat I wouldn't have used up a half day from my work that I could have used for golf or car cleaning ;). They did wash Elmo tho 😃

Craig
18th January 2013, 11:49 PM
all4?

Nope, but 4wd is only if use if you have the correct tyres too ;)

18th January 2013, 11:54 PM
I can't answer, sorry I have no idea. :idunno:

weefossy
19th January 2013, 12:18 AM
Aye, another wee Mini adventure............well worth an afternoon off work.
Had a further adventure getting back from oor Nellies this evening in the deepening snow, but the wee Clubbie got us home safe and sound.

ianking
20th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Is the recall for Ss as well. I've not heard anything from MINI Uk or the dealer, although they may have my old address.

20th January 2013, 11:12 PM
pretty sure they said not Ian. I believe it's One, Cooper and Countrymans but not sure which Countrymans.

Gismo
21st January 2013, 05:20 AM
pretty sure they said not Ian. I believe it's One, Cooper and Countrymans but not sure which Countrymans.My Countryman S had the sensor recall, not water pump