PDA

View Full Version : NON WEB MEMBERS

sleepyrascal
12th August 2004, 07:56 PM
I have come accross several people who are really keen to join a mini club for new minis in the Aberdeen area, but who don't use computers. I keep hearing about AMOC (aberdeen mini owners club) time after time, but they want to be part of something different. Is this something that can be sorted in some way? It's a shame to exclude anyone. Although it is so much easier when everyone is based on-line!

Any thoughts? Does ayone else know of people like this?

Edit: moved to Site Feedback

Monsta Mo Mini
12th August 2004, 08:27 PM
I can't see any way round it without getting into memberships and newsletters which would mean bringing in fees to cover costs. You can always give them a bell when an event is coming up! ;) There's always the local internet cafe...

GAJ
12th August 2004, 08:31 PM
Who don't use computers? This is the 21st Century, man!;)
Feel free to invite them along to runs and meets, all are welcome but I don't see any way they can be part of an online community without acomputer access of some sort.
Remember this is
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/forum_title.gif:D

Burple
12th August 2004, 09:34 PM
Jeez big man... all this new found power...

You're unstoppable!! ;):D;):D

Steve74
12th August 2004, 09:34 PM
Shiny logo;)

sleepyrascal
12th August 2004, 10:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Who don't use computers? This is the 21st Century, man!;)
Feel free to invite them along to runs and meets, all are welcome but I don't see any way they can be part of an online community without acomputer access of some sort.
Remember this is
http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/images/forum_title.gif:D

Yeh Gaj your right. But believe it or not, there are people out there who just don't use computers because they don't understand them! wierd eh!!:D I suppose it's best to keep it online. As monsta says, newsletters n stuff cost money! I'll give the folk I know a shout for the next run and I guess the more people they get to know, the easier it will be for them.

The Dogfather
12th August 2004, 11:13 PM
If they can afford a MINI surely a PC wouldn't be too much of a stretch!

Gismo
12th August 2004, 11:55 PM
Shameless plug, i build and sell computers ;)

monkimagic
29th August 2004, 09:22 AM
Buy them a newminiscotland.co.uk sticker, then they can help spread the word and be part of it, cool man !!

Monki