PDA

View Full Version : Who'll help me build an Ark??

Julz
12th August 2004, 06:33 PM
If anyone saw John Swinney on the news last night or today demanding that the government needs to help 'the people' following all the floods etc., well it's because of that sod my hoose flooded last night, grrrrrrrr:mad: (he dug a drain from the neighbouring field to divert water away from his house, but it went into ours instead!!:disapprove:)

R7 ETH
12th August 2004, 07:03 PM
V sorry to hear that Julz i hope there wasnt much damage. Me thinks you should get on to your Solicitor then go round his house with a muck speader !!!

Steve74
12th August 2004, 07:04 PM
That's not good at all. You should dig a big trench and divert all the water back to his!:evil:

Julz
12th August 2004, 07:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Steve74

That's not good at all. You should dig a big trench and divert all the water back to his!:evil:

Unfortunately, water doesn't run uphill, wish it did, it would make my job sooooooooo much easier!:p

GAJ
12th August 2004, 08:35 PM
You should build an archimedes screw powered by chained cats!;)

sleepyrascal
12th August 2004, 10:25 PM
Collect all the water in small, throwable balloons. ..... and get throwing basically!

Julz
12th August 2004, 10:27 PM
PMSL:D:D:D:D:D

Fontal
12th August 2004, 10:38 PM
Check he had permision to dig the ditch and if not sue him for the damage, if he did he obviously didn't plan it very well.
oh yea sorry to hear that you have been flooded :(

Steve74
12th August 2004, 10:46 PM
Should be a case of cause and effect. Had a similar case 5 months ago when a neighbours contractors damaged my property. Building Control should be interested (local planning dept) and a lsolicitor might be an idea!

Big Gordy
12th August 2004, 10:50 PM
I can get my hands on a huuuuuuuuuuuuge pump if you want to borrow it:D Its got a 900mm delivery branch and pumps a squillion,zillion gallons a minute:dead: Only problem is it weighs in at a hefty 32 tonnes :p:D:approve:

sh@z
12th August 2004, 11:30 PM
32 tonnes, why not just 'drop' it on Mr Swinneys hoose lol

Julz
12th August 2004, 11:41 PM
To be fair to the poor sod, he didn't realise it was going to happen as I think he was too busy panicing about his own house, and when the torrent headed towards our house, he did phone Robs work!!:clown:

But Big G, 32T, nae bother, can you drop it off tonight!!;):D

Monsta Mo Mini
12th August 2004, 11:46 PM
Let Mr Swinney clear it up!...it's not as if he's got anything else to do! ;)

Julz
13th August 2004, 12:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Let Mr Swinney clear it up!...it's not as if he's got anything else to do! ;)

PMSL!! That's what our removal man said after he parked his lorry in the lane and Mr Swinney asked when he would be moving it as he needed to got going as the family were going on holiday, to which Richard replied 'Ah, I suppose you can just go on holiday now seeing as you don't have a job!':eek::blackeye:

I'll stand to Mr Swinney's defence, he's a nice man, who just so happened to cause our house to get its solums washed!!:dead:8)

seany
13th August 2004, 12:20 AM
sorry to here you got flooded i know how you feel (una)

Julz
13th August 2004, 12:23 AM
The bonus being that the garage is up a slope so was probably the dryest part of the property yesterday!!:)

Gismo
13th August 2004, 01:24 AM
If the actions of our Mr Swinney immediately caused any damage etc to your property i would think that you have a very good case for insurance purposes to claim against him.
Sadly, it would take ages for both insurers to agree etc but at least it would save your premiums rocketing next year :(

sh@z
13th August 2004, 01:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

The bonus being that the garage is up a slope so was probably the dryest part of the property yesterday!!:)

As long as the cars ok!!!! :p

hehe

3GGG
13th August 2004, 01:33 AM
Sorry to hear about the flood Julz, hope you get it all sorted out and not too much damage.

Sheilz
13th August 2004, 08:37 AM
Rotten luck. Saw pics in the press of damage to people's houses - horrible.
:(

Fontal
13th August 2004, 04:13 PM
Belive it or we are facing our first ever water shortage up here, hope it makes you laugh :D

Julz
13th August 2004, 04:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

Belive it or we are facing our first ever water shortage up here, hope it makes you laugh :D

I could send you some, it's a bit gritty though!!

As for damage, we're lucky as the water was sitting just below the floor boards so there's no damage in that sense, it's the drying out I'm bothered about!!:dead: