PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Mod

The Enrique's
15th December 2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen the below head lights? I fancy buying them unit for my 07 mini cooper D.:confused:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-2012-MINI-COOPER-S-HALO-PROJECTOR-HEAD-LIGHTS-BLK-/380535745251?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5899b2aae3

Thanks in advance for your insight...

Enrique

Stewart
15th December 2012, 04:09 PM
Took a look on new ministuff but I don’t see them. Glad you’ve still got the Dooper the wee one will be driving it next! Hope you and the family are all well.

http://www.newministuff.com/new/shop.php?action=products&cat=24

The Enrique's
15th December 2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Stewart,
Santa is not willing to pay £800 quid for the Black Headlights (bi xenon)...:Whistle:
As i will treat the Dooper as well with LED DRLs.
I still have 7 mos to go to fully paid the car but we will keep it as the wee one's first car..lol
So i hope it will still pass it's MOT in 13 yrs time:laugh:
Regards

KenL
16th December 2012, 09:58 AM
Sorry, but those don't look great to me. Also, the light output may be either poor or blinding. If they are for left hand drive cars they may be unsuitable for your car. Stick to oem or at least buy from a company you know well.

Mon the fish
16th December 2012, 05:36 PM
^^ these will likely be for LHD cars. And you will be stung for customs charges for these.

If you don't have xenons, try the Philips silvervision (I think) bulbs, make a big difference to the stock lights

KenL
16th December 2012, 05:40 PM
Night breaker plus are good bulbs.

Angib
16th December 2012, 06:25 PM
Aren't all the Mini xenons 'flat dip'? Certainly my new car with xenons is, so there is no LHD/RHD difference.

On my previous halogen car, I used the Osram NightBreakers and they are an improvement - though from diabolical to bad.

KenL
16th December 2012, 07:25 PM
The lights in the advert are not Xenons I don't think.

Mon the fish
17th December 2012, 10:15 AM
Certainly on the R53 xenons, there is a switch/lever for throwing the beam from RHD to LHD, BMW have had this facility on their lights for years. Unsure on the R56 though.

But as Ken says, these aren't xenons

Mon the fish
17th December 2012, 04:15 PM
Bet it's easier to do on the R56 as well. I had to lie on my back on a hot engine, on the ferry, and poke a screwdriver into the back of the lights to flick the lever.

Sometimes I really love Mini's, I truly do

The Enrique's
18th December 2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all your insight guys... I decided to stick to my oem headlight and just get a better bulb instead.
Reviews are not that good as well on the unit.:ragin:

KenL
18th December 2012, 06:36 PM
A good decision.