PDA

View Full Version : X1

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2012, 12:05 AM
Had a BMW X1 as a loan car from Peter Vardy today while our MINI is in getting it's sat nav fixed.

What a hideous, awful, stupid, awful awful awful awful car that X1 is.:frown::frown::frown:

When you're sat in the drivers seat, to reach all the pedals you have to sit at an angle with your feet pushed out to the right away from (presumably) the start of the transmission tunnel.

The interior was cheap, tacky and plasticy. Nothing like as good as our 125i was.:frown::frown::frown::frown:

A.

KenL
23rd November 2012, 07:12 AM
Agreed, a hideous, pointless thing.

N16SHP
23rd November 2012, 09:02 AM
Funny you should bring this up Andy, I've never been a fan of the X1 however, before purchasing our Countryman I had a flick through the Top Gear mag at their review (which I generally ignore and instead look at the section at the back where they keep a car for 6 months and review it monthly) and it said the Countryman was daft and instead to go for an X1 or a Yeti...if you then flick to the X1 review it says its crap too so your only option is the Yeti...cannot win!!

We sat in the X1 one and thought the driving position was a little odd but wasn't too fussed about the interior. We also test drove a new X3 and loved it but was too far out of our budget!

ianking
23rd November 2012, 09:21 AM
Yeah agreed, X1 is fugly.
The Yeti is actually a great car, Sarahs Dad has one and its far better built than any of the minis I have had.

N16SHP
23rd November 2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah agreed, X1 is fugly.
The Yeti is actually a great car, Sarahs Dad has one and its far better built than any of the minis I have had.

I would agree entirely with you there Ian, we sat in one and its well put together, its got some great engines, but I just couldn't convince the wife. She's still a badge person than a practical person. :argh: But I'm not complaining too much as we still have two Mini's in the family :D

AndyP & Lenore
23rd November 2012, 02:11 PM
Haven't even looked at a Yeti. We want to stay with the MINI brand. We are looking at a JCW Countryman as our next MINI and when we spec it up it comes in a similar price range as an Evoque and a highly specced X3. BUT! Neither of those are MINI's.

A.

KenL
24th November 2012, 06:42 PM
I like the Yeti.

I'd prefer a ten year old Corsa to an Evoque, really can't stand those at all.

If I really felt the need for four wheel drive I would be looking at an Audi A4.

Big Gordy
24th November 2012, 07:43 PM
If I really felt the need for four wheel drive I would be looking at an Audi A4.

Now your talking Kenny boy :thumbs up:

Angib
24th November 2012, 08:11 PM
Last year a woman in a Yeti pulled out behind me on a twisty country road. Fook me, even if she knew the road like the back of her hand, which I didn't, I had to work quite hard to pull away from her in a justa Cooper. I was well impressed.

weefossy
25th November 2012, 12:47 AM
Don't know much about the Yeti, but oor Nellie's Skoda VRS is an excellent machine. really well built and goes like stick. It would be unfair to say "it's like a golf".