PDA

View Full Version : BTCC news

Knox18
14th November 2012, 03:51 PM
After following the BTCC since 1990 and doing everything I can over the last 5 years to get in to one of these cars....

The time has come and I'm now being let loose in one for a test at Silverstone tomorrow :motoring::whoohoo::drools:

Cannot wait to get out in it!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3252

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104189

Craig
14th November 2012, 04:13 PM
Great news Chris as I said on FB. Best of luck with the test and hope it works out and you get a drive ;)

On this years racing, the car certainly seems to have the pace :thumbs up:

N16SHP
14th November 2012, 04:35 PM
Great news and best of luck Chris :thumbs up:

Stewart
14th November 2012, 05:26 PM
Good luck that would be great and give me someone else to cheer next year!

MINIme:)
14th November 2012, 06:11 PM
sounds ace! - good luck with it :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
14th November 2012, 06:16 PM
This really is AWESOME news for you:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:. Looking forward to hearing how you do. And really hope it turns into a ride next year. I know you have your sights set on USA, but I'm sure you wouldn't knock back a BTCC ride competing in 2013, would you?

A.:D

weefossy
14th November 2012, 11:47 PM
Go for it Chris and Enjoy the day.

Crombers
15th November 2012, 12:15 AM
All the very best Chris, you've certainly got the talent for it :thumbs up:

Mind you, I recall hanging onto yer white Coop on a somewhat spirited drive up to Knockhill a few years ago, so if you need some extra coaching or need a few laps with me at the wheel .................. jeeze I can talk some p1sh :rolleyes:

Gismo
15th November 2012, 07:35 AM
Brilliant news Chris, all the best, when you become rich and famous remember your roots and keep us updated :lol:

zimbo
15th November 2012, 10:20 AM
Well done Chris, good luck with the test and remember to enjoy yourself as well :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
15th November 2012, 05:52 PM
Fab news, hope you have a great time, remember to keep us up to speed,:lol:, on how it all goes.

- - - Updated - - -

This really is AWESOME news for you:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:. Looking forward to hearing how you do. And really hope it turns into a ride next year. I know you have your sights set on USA, but I'm sure you wouldn't knock back a BTCC ride competing in 2013, would you?

A.:D

:off topic:, however, will this make you less of a Plato supporter if Chris was to get a BTCC drive? :lol::lol:

Craig
15th November 2012, 06:07 PM
:off topic:, however, will this make you less of a Plato supporter if Chris was to get a BTCC drive? :lol::lol:

:thud:

:lol:

AndyP & Lenore
15th November 2012, 09:02 PM

I'd certainly rather be supportive of a friend than someone I don't know. Best case would be Chris gets a seat in an MG so I cheer them both on.:thumbs up:

A.

Gismo
16th November 2012, 05:27 AM
I'd certainly rather be supportive of a friend than someone I don't know. Best case would be Chris gets a seat in an MG so I cheer them both on.:thumbs up:

A.:thumbs up:

stoney
16th November 2012, 08:22 AM
Good luck Chris

Knox18
16th November 2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for your messages :)

Still buzzing from yesterday

The car was awesome to drive, it was my first experience with a sequential box!

I was hoping for a dry test day, but the circuit was really damp from the night before and with hardly any cars on track (5 or 6) plus being cold, it was never going to dry up quickly. I spent a few sessions on old wets, Felt at home in the car straight away.

The conditions were similar to FP1 from the Silverstone national race. I did a 65.7 which would have been a comfortable top 10 time, I was pleased.

Chris James then went out to play for a few hours then I got a used slick tyre run in with 10 mins to go, the track was still greasy and I spent about 5 laps getting heat into the tyres and I did 1 flying lap before the chequered flag came out and I did a 61.4

It gave me a taster of what the cars would be like to drive in a proper dry day with new boots.

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2012/11/es-racing-pleased-with-knox-test/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/knoxy62/A7w5k6pCEAA7Cg9.jpg

Gismo
16th November 2012, 03:49 PM
Shame about the conditions, but, another one off the bucket list

Craig
16th November 2012, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you had a top day ;). Fingers crossed you get a drive in the BTCC or stateside :thumbs up:

weefossy
16th November 2012, 10:26 PM
Chris. sounds like you had a great day and the people that matter were impressed. Hate to think their decision would come down to money rather than talent. Fingers crosssed.