PDA

View Full Version : window fault

MINIme:)
23rd October 2012, 10:18 PM
hi new fault for me today. I was closing the driver side window but it was jarring about 3 inches from the top and going back down. A few repeats and it worked finally. Then did it again next time. Anyone know what the problem is? does it need to go in to be looked at :idunno: which would be a pain...

thanks for any help.

stoney
24th October 2012, 07:13 AM
Sounds like it has to go in to the dealer tbh

Craig
24th October 2012, 07:56 AM
Sounds like it has to go in to the dealer tbh

Wot Rob said ...

MINI William
24th October 2012, 08:01 AM
Sounds like what my Cooper did. The window wasn't shutting properly. The car needed to go back to the garage and get recoded as it was a known issue. I wouldn't imagine that it's the same coding issue but these things do pop up. I'm sure Ian had the same thing with his JCW.

24th October 2012, 08:39 AM
how annoying, I'll get onto them. thanks for the help. I seem to be having one of 'those' weeks!!

Tam1314
24th October 2012, 05:25 PM
A car I had a look at before I got Gold-D had that same problem, it also would go up when the door was closed. The garage said it was a coding fault and they would fix it no problem.

24th October 2012, 09:38 PM

ianking
25th October 2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah William is correct, I did have this with my JCW and yes it was a coding problem.
A bit of a problem when it does it and its snowing, thats what happened with me anyway.

KenL
25th October 2012, 10:35 PM
You could try re-setting the Windows. Not sure whether it is up or down but press and hold down (or up) both window switches for about 15 seconds. This has worked for me in the past if they have been mis-behaving.