PDA

View Full Version : Amp + Sub - opinions?

mgemie
12th August 2004, 01:22 AM
Does anyone on here own/have opinions on the following sub + amp? Also, what would the best way be to wire 1xsub & 2 6x9s up to this?

Sub: Sony XS-L121P5 http://www.autoentertainment.net/shopexd.asp?id=191
Amp: Sony XM-D1000P5http://www.autoentertainment.net/shopexd.asp?id=189

R7 ETH
12th August 2004, 01:29 AM
What i would do would be to get rid of the 6x9's and wire the sub up to the 1 channel amp and run a top class set of components up front from a powerfull head unit. I had infinity components up front throught the head unit and 2x12 Alpine V12's in the boot of my 19 16v. Previously i had the 6x9's wired up through the v12 amp but the sound quality was much better with these removed.Just my opinion.:cool:

mgemie
12th August 2004, 01:37 AM
so, it'd be a better idea to run the amp + sub on their own with 6x9s (these are to be in addition to my front components+rear 6x9s and are to be placed on parcel shelf) beign run straight from HU?

minidriver#1
12th August 2004, 04:36 AM
yes

broken_brian
12th August 2004, 11:01 PM
are the 6 x 9s in the rear the standard ones cos if they are you would be better just replacing them with you're new ones as there is not much point in running 6 speakers from a 4 channel hu due to extra load on the hu's internal amp

Burple
13th August 2004, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

are the 6 x 9s in the rear the standard ones cos if they are you would be better just replacing them with you're new ones as there is not much point in running 6 speakers from a 4 channel hu due to extra load on the hu's internal amp

Good man... :D

Got a nice set of Infinitys (6903i's?) in the back and standard (soon to be replaced) speakers in the front, running nicely off a 4x50Watt HU... and the 10 boxed Vibe and amp in the back... sounds no bad at all!! ;)
Will be lots better when I finally get the fronts replaced!
This should be more than enough - sound quality and power wise when you crank it up. I can turn mine up loud enough to hurt now as it is, and it's still clear as a very clear thing with clear underpants on a clear sunny day! :D:D

R7 ETH
13th August 2004, 12:45 AM
quote:

it's still clear as a very clear thing with clear underpants on a clear sunny day! :D:D

Yeah the majorettes in Perth can vouch for that one :D:D

Burple
13th August 2004, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

quote:
it's still clear as a very clear thing with clear underpants on a clear sunny day! :D:D

Yeah the majorettes in Perth can vouch for that one :D:D

...snigger...oops... forgot about that... :D:D:D
My bad...:blackeye::p;):D

well they really should have had better, louder tunes for their..heh... routine... ;):p

weefozzy Jr
17th August 2004, 06:43 PM
like most of the other sound mad people on this thread i would go with replacing the 6x9 and running them of the original wiring. if u have changed the head unit the power output if enough. the sub and amp you have chosen looks good and gives out a quality sound.