PDA

View Full Version : Number Plates

Neil - TXJ
30th September 2012, 09:40 PM
Anybody recommend somewhere to get decent number plates made either online or around Edinburgh?

Getting a private plate and want better quality than you normally get. Not going on the mini as only got another year on my contract so going on the Pug.

Cheers.

stoney
1st October 2012, 07:34 AM
My show plates are very good I had some made from them not long ago good service as well ;)

Neil - TXJ
1st October 2012, 07:40 AM
My show plates are very good I had some made from them not long ago good service as well ;)

Sorry Stoney, which company? Congrats on new house, hope you got moved in ok.

stoney
1st October 2012, 10:42 AM
http://myshowplates.com/

:lol: they are called my show plates here is a link above :) yep move went well thanks just the cats to move now ;)

Mon the fish
1st October 2012, 07:12 PM
Try Dubmeister, pressed metal (legal) plates

Neil - TXJ
1st October 2012, 08:48 PM

Thanks.

MiniSnaps
2nd October 2012, 09:25 PM

I can't understand the desire to fit these, maybe it's because I'm old enough to remember when they were a sign of penny-pinching and usually only fitted to fleet cars....

MINIme:)
2nd October 2012, 09:43 PM
do you mean the pressed ones minisnaps? I have to agree I'm afraid I'm not that keen on them either. Maybe I'll change my mind at some point though! :idunno:

Big Gordy
3rd October 2012, 07:40 AM
The pressed metel plates are very popular with the VW guys who are into the 'retro' look......that and very small tyres on wide rims :idunno:....strange bunch :p

MiniSnaps
3rd October 2012, 11:25 AM
do you mean the pressed ones minisnaps? I have to agree I'm afraid I'm not that keen on them either. Maybe I'll change my mind at some point though! :idunno:

That's the ones, the only time they look right (imho) is if they're silver on black and fitted to a pre-73 car.