PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Hamilton

Gismo
28th September 2012, 12:47 PM
Has signed a 3 year deal for Mercedes, thus ending his long term career with McLaren, will be interesting to see who is moved on from there??
Schuey to McLaren or Ferrari?
Massa to McLaren

Let the rumours begin

zimbo
28th September 2012, 01:29 PM
I thought the rumour was that Schumi was finally calling it quits PERMANANTLY this time and thats why the rumours of Lewis going to Mercedes began, and seeing as he is now CONFIRMED as going there I assume Schumi will definately be ending his 2nd round career at the end of this season? I'm not too worried who goes to take Lewis' old seat at McLaren so long as its NOT that arse Alonso :hand: anyone else in my opinion is most welcome.

Craig
28th September 2012, 05:04 PM
Sauber had said they would sign Schuey if they could so that may be on the cards... ;)

Hamiltons move is all about 1 thing and that's money... It's not about being more competitive or because he wasn't at a good team. Greedy decision if you ask me and all for the wrong reasons...

Craig
28th September 2012, 05:05 PM
Perez to go to McLaren to take Lewis seat ;)

Gismo
28th September 2012, 05:25 PM
Will certainly be interesting to see who does move to McLaren

john
28th September 2012, 05:29 PM
Perez to go to McLaren to take Lewis seat ;)

I have an email saying the same

Crombers
28th September 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm not too worried who goes to take Lewis' old seat at McLaren so long as its NOT that arse Alonso :hand: anyone else in my opinion is most welcome.

& here's my opinion ........................... yer old McLaren seat is safe with any inferior driver you may care to choose from, Fernando will not be moving down :whoohoo:

Forza :bow:

N16SHP
3rd October 2012, 12:38 PM
I have to say, as a McLaren fan, I am genuinely happy he is leaving McLaren. Yes he's a great driver, and yes he's British so we tend to follow our own, but he comes with a hell of a lot of baggage. The biggest mistake Lewis ever made was signing with XIX (19) as his agents. I think the move to Mercedes could revamp the old Lewis we are used to seeing. Also, as much as they claim to have a good relationship, I'm sure I'm not the only one who can see a bit of needle between JB and Lewis. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with his old team mate Nico.

As for Checo to McLaren, could work out for him. Like Lewis he also has a very aggressive driving style and he'd probably of been my next choice after Paul Di Resta. He's fast and tends to bring the car home in one piece. I think the right move for Di Resta is to either Ferrari or to stay at Force India. I don't think he is ready for a drive at McLaren, and I can see him as JB's replacement in a year's time.